Thread: action replay max + swap magic 3.6

Thanks

Default action replay max + swap magic 3.6

i downloaded action replay max to use with my slim ps2 using those little tabs and swap magic 3.6, but when i get to the "remove AR cd and replace with game" type of screen, the disc doesnt stop spinning like gameshark 2.4. I would just give up and use gameshark 2.4, but i cant use burned games with that (swap magic won't load the game if i boot that after gameshark either)

any help? i want to cheat on my backups
    Last edited by Deathcrush; 22nd-August-2005 at 08:48.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Needled24/7
    i downloaded action replay max to use with my slim ps2 using those little tabs and swap magic 3.6, but when i get to the "remove AR cd and replace with game" type of screen, the disc doesnt stop spinning like gameshark 2.4. I would just give up and use gameshark 2.4, but i cant use burned games with that (swap magic won't load the game if i boot that after gameshark either)

any help? i want to cheat on my backups
    I hate to say it, but you are out of luck. With Swap Magic 3.6, there is no possible way you can double boot, AR or GameShark - so you'll just have to take this one in the ass. :-( I've tried, and tried, and tried again and it's just impossible. A buddy and I were trying to cheat on Gradius V because there are no codes, other than GS and AR codes - the AR never stops spinning and we tried 3 different versions of the AR, and the GameShark actually does stop spinning, but when you try to reboot the game, it won't detect it. We got online, looked the shit up and they claim that after inserting the AR or GS disc, you need to reinsert Swap magic and do a whole second boot procedure. Well, tried that too - and with some versions of the gameshar, the Swap magic disc loaded, but it never stopped spinning, and then other versions would stop spinning, however when you try to boot the game either by normal boot or special boot, you get the red screen of death saying it can't read the disc. To sum it all up, you need an earlier version of Swap Magic - this same buddy of mine had Swap 3.3, so he ended up bringing his PS2 over, we booted everything through 3.3 and it worked without a hitch. Sucks, doesn't it? The only cheats you'll be able to use will be the save game files, like GT3 or something like that - you won't be doing any booting I'm afraid.

Thanks

Dude. You are in luck. Here's a torrent for "Action Replay MAX EVO Edition - Swap Magic". Here are the details of this torrent....

Action Replay MAX EVO Edition - Swap Magic

Date .......... : 02/11/05 Platform ..... : PS2
    Game Type ..... : Cheat Device Origin ........ : USA-NTSC
    Release Type .. : DVD or CD Image Format .. : ISO

Notes: Well after all the blood, sweat and years it's finally here. Action Replay MAX EVO, built to work with Swap Magic! Up until now no cheat devices were able to use codes through Swap Magic. The previous release of Action Replay MAX would lock up at the menu screen and then freeze. Now thank's to me and 2 other people, I bring you a loadable version of AR! This is guaranteed to boot all your PS2 NTSC DVD back ups WITH codes and work 100% with Swap Magic. Also note that this is not the regular AR MAX, but AR MAX EVO, which has so many fucking amazing things on it. Here's the link from the official site which has explains everything this bad boy can do, just copy and paste it into your browser.

h t t p ://us.codejunkies.com/shop/product.asp?c=US&cr=USD&cs=$&r=0&l=1&ProdID=294

Directions: The way AR MAX EVO is able to boot your DVD back ups is by combining �CD Loader� with the AR.This is mainly intended for Swap Magic users, people with mod-chips can just download AR MAX EVO and burn it, however if you don't know where to get it, then just follow this tutorial
    up to step 3.

1. Burn the ISO to either CD or DVD, either one will work, however I am 100% sure it will work with DVD-R.

2. After you loaded the game you will see a black screen with white writing. Move down and highlight the part that says "RESET IOP." Using your D-pad set it to "ALWAYS" so in the end it will say "RESET IOP:ALWAYS" This MUST be done. Now press "X" and you will see this screen.

h t tp://www.swapmagicfix.com/cdloader2.jpg

3. From this screen press "X" again and you will be taken to a screen that contains 8 Menu items, the first one says AR MAX EVO and it will be flashing, press X and now Action Replay MAX EVO will load. It may seem like nothing is happening, but just wait it takes about 20 seconds to boot up. If you have a Network Adaptor it will ask you if want to check for updates. Just select "NO" for now. Now you have your AR MAX EVO fully booted up and you can mess around with it a little to get the hang of it

4. The background screen will tell you to change the disk, BUT DON'T! Select "Expert Mode" to see all the codes. Choose a game and the codes you want to use or add a game if you like. When your done you will see a screen that says "Make sure your game disk is inside" but whatever you do, DO NOT EJECT THE DISK, this will prevent the codes from working on your back up. Just follow the procedure and start up the game.

5. Now you will be taken back to the screen that first came up when you started the disk. However, there is no need to change the IOP here, unless it's for a certain fix from SwapMagicFix.com, just press "X" again. Now your back to this screen again.

h ttp://www.swapmagicfix.com/cdloader2.jpg

There are different steps you have to take depending on whether your game is CD or DVD so look below.

C EJECT the disk from your PS2 and insert the official Swap Magic CD or an official retail CD game. Wait for the screen to change back to this one.

h t tp://www.swapmagicfix.com/cdloader2.jpg

Now just SWAP the game with your CD backup using either the slide card or Flip Top Lid, press X to load and your DONE! The codes should now work.

DV EJECT the disk from your PS2 and insert the official Swap Magic DVD. Wait for the screen to change back to this one.

http://www.swapmagicfix.com/cdloader2.jpg

Now press "X" and you should see THIS screen

http://www.swapmagicfix.com/cdloader3.jpg

Now just SWAP the SM disk with your DVD back up using either the Slide Card or Flip Top Lid and press "X" to load it and your DONE! Your back up DVD should now work with the codes you selected in Action Replay.

PLEASE REA I am 100% sure that codes on DVD back ups will work, I have not tried any CD back ups, but I'm pretty sure it does. Also when you using the Memory Max Manager, DO NOT USE IT TO DELETE OR MOVE SAVE FILES,
    as this will delete EVERYTHING on your memory card. This is not an error on me, but actually DATEL's screw up. You can still use Memory Max to crush files, which saves a ton of space. If you want to move or delete files on your mem cards just use the PS2 browser.
    Please note that I do not have swap magic but when I had downloaded this a month or two ago, it worked fine on my modded PS2. Just follow the procedure in the details above or checkout the .nfo that comes with the torrent and am sure it will work properly. The size is only 28 mb. Shouldn't take long right
    Last edited by Kazekage Gaara; 22nd-August-2005 at 17:56.

| LG OLED G1 65-Inch | Ryzen 5 5600x @ 4.75Ghz | ASUS ROG Strix B550-F Gaming | Zotac RTX 3080 Ti Amp Extreme Holo 12GB GDDR6X | WD Black SN850 1TB | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 16 GB DDR4 3600 MHz | Lian Li Galahad 240 AIO | ASUS ROG Strix 850W Gold | Xbox One Wireless Controller | Nintendo Switch (Atmosphere) |

Thanks
    EP Points

Hate to break it to you but it doesn't work man - i've tried it. It has to do with Swap Magic 3.6. You can use the GS and AR with Swap, but 3.6 IS NOT COMPATIBLE. Trust me, I've tried everything - just do a google search and you'll see 100 other posts about the same thing.

Thanks

I am so sorry dude. Didn't know 3.6 wasn't compatible. I just wanted to help

| LG OLED G1 65-Inch | Ryzen 5 5600x @ 4.75Ghz | ASUS ROG Strix B550-F Gaming | Zotac RTX 3080 Ti Amp Extreme Holo 12GB GDDR6X | WD Black SN850 1TB | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 16 GB DDR4 3600 MHz | Lian Li Galahad 240 AIO | ASUS ROG Strix 850W Gold | Xbox One Wireless Controller | Nintendo Switch (Atmosphere) |

Thanks
    EP Points

Oh, it's cool man - I wasn't trying to be an ass - i was just a little frustrated because that's the same thing I downloaded at frist from minninova.org and it's bullshit. They make it sound like they did something spectacular, but they didn't do shit. AR and GS all boot with varying versions of swap magic without any of that special fix crap - someone just dropped the ball when they made swap 3.6 though! Anyway, sorry if I sounded like i was directing that towards you!!!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FlavaFave
    Anyway, sorry if I sounded like i was directing that towards you!!!!
    No you weren't. NOT AT ALL. Its just that I should have "researched" a bit before jumping and recommending it to other people Anyways, thanx for the info. Now I know that the above thing is bullshit

Thanks

Hello all, I along with 2 other people were the creators of Action Replay MAX EVO Edition - Swap Magic. I was the one who made that NFO and yes, that version was only created to work with Swap Magic 2.0. I have now upgraded to Swap Magic 3.3 to make cheating easier.

Needled24/7, since you have Swap Magic 3.6, you are in luck. You CAN cheat with 3.6, your just not following some steps. Heres how you do it:

1. Load up Action Replay MAX EVO.

2. Select your cheats.

3. When you get to the message that says "Remove AR cd and replace with your game" or "Make sure your game is inserted and press X to continue", Press the EJECT button or since you have SlimLine PS2 eject the Lid and insert your Retail Original Swap Magic 3.6 disc. Press the eject button again or close the Lid and wait a few seconds for your PS2 to recognise the Swap Magic disc.

4. Now press X, you will be taken back to the Swap Magic screen. Swap with your back up game and your cheats will now work.

This also with Swap Magic 3.3, and can be done with all versions of Code Breaker and Gameshark, including the latest. Personally I've stopped using Action Replay and switched to Code Breaker and Gameshark to use cheats on my back ups because Code Breaker is compatible with USB mass storage drives and Gameshark has a much faster Online update then Action Replay.

Thanks

AR and GS all boot with varying versions of swap magic without any of that special fix crap
    At the time, there was a scene release of Action Replay MAX EVO that didn't work with Swap Magic 2.0. This was because Action Replay required long file names and used 2 IOP Resets. 2 problems that could not be fixed. At the time "rnotley" discovered it would work with Swap Magic 2.0 by rebuilding the image with Nero (allowing long file names) and using DVD Loader beta 5.7. From these solutions I created a new ISO that would work with Swap Magic 2.0. Like I said this was a simple fix for the SCENE RELEASE of Action Replay Max Evo.

Thanks
    EP Points

The problems lies when you have a copy of AR and you need to boot backup games. The copies upon copies with swap magic are what gives it hell. I'm sure a retail version works just fine. If you're part of this group that is tweaking the AR for Swap users, it would be great if you could tweak a backup version for 3.6

Thanks

The problems lies when you have a copy of AR and you need to boot backup games.
    ill try that. i have a friend who has AR MAX EVO. if it doesnt work, ill try swap magic 2.0 and 3.0 as i have those too

Thanks

The problems lies when you have a copy of AR and you need to boot backup games. The copies upon copies with swap magic are what gives it hell. I'm sure a retail version works just fine. If you're part of this group that is tweaking the AR for Swap users, it would be great if you could tweak a backup version for 3.6
    To tell you the truth, I was planning on making and tweaking a Swap Magic 3.3/3.6 compatible Action Replay MAX EVO, but I stopped working on it because I got a Code Breaker and used that all of the time. However I see that many people just like me have upgraded to SM 3.3/3.6, and still want to use Action Replay MAX EVO. So I guess I'll start working on it again.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Needled24/7
    ill try that. i have a friend who has AR MAX EVO. if it doesnt work, ill try swap magic 2.0 and 3.0 as i have those too
    Well, if you have the older swap magics then you shouldn't have a problem at all. I know for a fact these cheat devices work on the older swaps - like I said, it worked for us on 3.3.