Thread: Dreamcast burning help, confused

Thanks

Exclamation Dreamcast burning help, confused

Okay, so I've burned alot of Dreamcast games in the past that were all .cdi so it was super simple to burn. However, upon downloading the Street Fighter 3: Double Impact torrent from the tracker and unzipping it, I became utterly confused. I got three different files...

1.sf3wimpact_kalisto.CCD
    2.sf3wimpact_kalisto.IMG
    3.sf3wimpact_kalisto.SUB

Now I've had a friend ask me about this before when he got a similar group of files for a PSX game, and I didnt know what to do.

So instead of attempting a burn on my own, and turning a cd into a coaster, I decided to ask for help. Just how is it I burn these files? Some notes about my setup and such..

I dont run an emulator, instead I play em right on the Dreamcast system itself.
    I use Alcohol 120% for my burning
    I dont feel the need to post system specs or emulator specs, since as I've said, Im running the game off the Dreamcast itself.

Some help on burning these files to a cd to play it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    EP Points

usually with these types you can mount it in daemon tools, then burn the disc using alcohol - instead of creating an image though you just use the copy cd. Also, you can try discjuggler - whenever I burn DC games that's the program I seem to get the best results from.

Thanks

So are you saying this.. Daemon Tools program will combine the three into a burnable image that will play? Im sorry but Im a little confused as far as what you mean by mounting it with this program

Thanks

you can also try dvd decrypter. you can burn cd's with it and it supports ccd and almost never fails burning.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Aruix
    So are you saying this.. Daemon Tools program will combine the three into a burnable image that will play? Im sorry but Im a little confused as far as what you mean by mounting it with this program
    Pretty much - daemon tools creates a virtual drive or phantom cdrom on your pc. Say you have one cd drive that's labeled d:, daemon gives you another fake drive labeled e:, so you can mount the ccd image with dtools, then copy it through nero, alcohol or what have you . Or, you could try dvd decrypter which is a very good burning program.

Thanks

And does this also take care of the other two file types as well? If I wanted to burn just the ccd I'd use Alcohol to burn it, but I know that the ccd isnt enough.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Aruix
    And does this also take care of the other two file types as well? If I wanted to burn just the ccd I'd use Alcohol to burn it, but I know that the ccd isnt enough.
    yes, ccd is like a cue file - it's more of a path to the rest of the data. it's really easy to use - just give it a shot.

Thanks

I use Alcohol 120% for my burning
    Use Alcohol 120%. use the image finder. add the image to Alcohol. then burning the image is simple since you already use Alcohol.

by the way, alcohol also has the ability to create virtual drives, so there isn't a need to get deamon tools. sorry if this is a bit late.