Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Internet Gaming Magazine...

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Internet Gaming Magazine...

Ive had this idea in my head for a bit, and decided to throw out a quick concept image. The plan is to cover a range of games, between me, a friend or two, and a few online contributers. The goal would be to have some classic coverage, some next-gen stuff, and things inbetween or related. I dont have a time period between issues, but I put monthly as a start. All the games would have pictures taken by the person that writes the article, unlike the concept cover that I created.

First off, do you guys see this as being possible? Im not expecting it to be read by millions, but rather a group of people on a few different forums.

Im looking for some constructive ideas on the project as a whole. Not "The title sucks" "Horrible Design", "LMAO you spelt something wrong" or "Good Luck". I did the cover just as a concept, therefore I used pictures not taken by me, headlines off the top of my head, and a very simple idea as so I dont waste hours on something that nobody would be interested in. So basically, Im looking for ideas on what should be covered, how it should be covered, ect. Thanks guys,

Borman

Thanks
    EP Points

Yes this would certainly be possible. We could start with the history of series of games and the impact it has had on the gaming community, and some stuff like that maybe. and maybe a secrets guide or walkthrough for some of the older games on snes etc. This is a good idea youve got going here, but how would we get this out to people? would they subscribe or are you going to post it publicly for download or something like that? and i would also like to help you with this if i could.
    http://www.epforums.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=29796&dateline=143454  3972

Thanks
    EP Points

Free download Im hoping it'd carry by word of mouth, Ive posted it here plus another website. I plan on having special features and stuff, since I do have quite a bit of stuff that others might not have.

Thanks
    EP Points

how do you mean special features?
    http://www.epforums.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=29796&dateline=143454  3972

Thanks
    EP Points

Depends It could be history, it could be development hardware, it could be developing games, anything honestly.

Thanks

Ooohh~ Sounds interresting If I can I'll help

Thanks
    EP Points

If your willing to put the necessary effort into your Mag then it's possible.

Thanks
    EP Points

To anyone interested:
    There are requirements. The key being, you need to be able to write good English. It may be stupid, but some of the posts here are just "WTF!". You must have at least played the game you are writing about on the actual system! I wont take reviews for say a n64 game saying "But the keyboard I was using really made it difficult". Rate the game as though you bought it. I dont mind if you use emulation to take screenshots, however.

The review or coverage must also be a complete idea. Describe every part we can possibly fit on a page or two, and select images that portray certain features of the game.

Lastly, be cool about it. If I cut something, dont freak. When it comes down to it, im the final editor. If theres something that just doesnt fit, then I may cut it, ask you to change it, whatever.

Thanks for the continued interest.

Borman

Thanks
    EP Points

Cool.. Count me in dude Ive got systems from the nes upward xcept fo Psx And PS2, But thats what friends are for!

Oh and im Australian so i speak good English!
    Last edited by Ahkei; 20th-August-2005 at 18:55.

Thanks
    EP Points

Preview/Concept 2

Thanks
    EP Points

Thats looking good dude! But Some of the newer games i would not be able to get my hands on to review and as i live in a smallish town my video store Dosnt always get the new releases.

Thanks
    EP Points

That doesnt matter Review anything, good or bad, and as long as its written good, im sure itll make it in.

Thanks
    EP Points

Are you gonna give me specifics or can i just do one that i want?

Thanks
    EP Points

Do what you want Start off with a review if you want something easy. Can be from any system

Thanks
    EP Points

I may give a shot at writing a review soon. I can usually write good reviews, if I am focused enough on it.