Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: N64 Netplay

Thanks

Default N64 Netplay

Doesn't anyone play N64 online? Im new to all this emu stuff but caught on quick and I was wondering if netplay was ever big for N64. I get the whole Kaillera server list thing being down, but doesnt emuparadise.org host a game server? I for one would love to play some online goldeneye or perfect dark but everytime I connect to the emuparadise game server im all alone.

Thanks
    EP Points

Goldeneye and PD don't work correctly on Netplay - they both desync a lot. So you may think you are having a fun game, but you can guarantee you and the person who you are playing against are actually seeing 2 different things

You may be winning on your screen, and he on his.

Smash Brothers works pretty well, and a few other games though.

Thanks

I usually play mario kart 64 but i have a long time to jump in to kaillera.I have some problems & the game desynced a little.However i play one time with a gyu REALLY good.Maybe he's has very fast internet connection?

Thanks
    EP Points

We should have a thread where you can post if you wanna play some n64 online. that'd be sweet

Edit: And maybe if i get enough requests ill set up a dedicated server for n64 and snes when i get my new pc and adsl connection (yay!) hehe and if someone tells me how
    Last edited by Ahkei; 20th-August-2005 at 10:52.
    http://www.epforums.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=29796&dateline=143454  3972

Thanks
    EP Points

Some games will work ok like I said if you have a fast enough connection (LAN even), though some games will still desync even over very fast connections. Goldeneye and PD just 2 of them.

Thanks

I would be down to play any game anytime. I am on a LAN at school. Ive been told that some successful goldeneye games have taken place, but you have to make sure the same plugins and settings were used. Regardless I would still like to try one, but am down for any other game also. Is there any way that any of you are aware of to improve netplay ?

Thanks
    EP Points

Same, Im Up for a game anytime im online which is afternoon to late all days xcept sunday, and on saturday im here all night ladies and gentlemen. but im only on 56k so it might be a bit laggy...or not
    http://www.epforums.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=29796&dateline=143454  3972

Thanks

N64 online=How? Mario Party sounds good for online play

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by arif
    Mario Party sounds good for online play
    Funny that! i only ever played mario party once and i hated it! i might download it now and try it out again

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Lucxus
    Funny that! i only ever played mario party once and i hated it! i might download it now and try it out again
    Mario Party is one of those games that's great if your playing against other real people.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by GundamGuy
    Mario Party is one of those games that's great if your playing against other real people.
    Fair enough

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by bird2431
    I would be down to play any game anytime. I am on a LAN at school. Ive been told that some successful goldeneye games have taken place, but you have to make sure the same plugins and settings were used. Regardless I would still like to try one, but am down for any other game also. Is there any way that any of you are aware of to improve netplay ?
    On a lan it's possible - though it is also still going to be prone to desyncing, especially if all machines playing can't keep 60/60 fps.

Thanks
    EP Points

Would playing over a private network be better than playing over the net? And when your playing over netplay is the screen split like normal multiplayer or do you both/all get a full screen?

Thanks
    EP Points

With Netplay you'll have whatever provision the console had. So for 2 player Goldeneye your screen will be split in 2, 4 players split in 4 etc.

And playing over a LAN connection is definately the most preferable method, but still some games will go out of sync. Only takes 1 mistake to start the chain of desyncing.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by GundamGuy
    No it's not. :/