Thread: Image burning

Thanks

Default Image burning

Im currently using Alcohol 120% for my image burning and i want to know what image format i should use for what files, or if it even matters.

Heres my scenario: I downloaded the Dragon Warrior ISO for the epsxe emulator and i extracted it using winrar and the extracted files are BIN files. Now i prepared an image using alcohol what should the image format be? Should it be MDF, CCD, ISO or what? Does it even matter? I thought it would first be up to the extracted file to decide what (when i received Chrono Cross and it was an MDF file and .MDF was a format in alcohol so that was easy) image format it should be, but when i received and IMG file and BIN file and they werent under alcohol 120% image format i started to get confused. Anyways anyone care to help a newb? Thanks in advance.

Thanks

Um, what do you mean you prepared an image? Any of those files extensions are for images. If you just want to burn an ISO just burn the file you get. You don't have to convert it to another type of file (unless we're dealing with DC or GC emulation).

Thanks

I still dont get what your problem is?!
    CPU:Athlon X2 5000+ AM2 Socket, Ram:3x1GB Corsair 240pin PC6400, HDD:400gb Seagate 7200rpm SATA Monitor:28" Hanns G Widescreen LCD 3ms response time, 800:1 contrast ratio, GPU:Geforce 8800GT DDR2 512mb, MOBO:Asus M2N SLI Deluxe

Thanks
    EP Points

The the file comes with a .cue file load the .cue file.

Thanks

^

What Gundam said, if you don't have the cue then you can easily make one with isobuster. There is a manual way, but I'm not to sure about it other than you can make it with any word thing.
    MY TRADE LIST :
    http://www.dementedlullaby.freewebspace.com/

Some tomb from out whose sounding door
    She ne'er shall force an echo more,
    Thrilling to think, poor child of sin!
    It was the dead who groaned within
    - E.A Poe

Inside of a Final Fantasy NES cartridge...
    Thanks
    EP Points

If you're going to play it on ePSXe, or any other emulator, then you don't need to burn the image to CD.
    You can just leave it as an image.
    That's what I do: since I play all my PSX games on emulators, I keep them as archived (rar) image files. Then when I want to play them, I just extract the image from the rar archive, and play them on ePSXe.

You only need to burn the image to CD if you're going to play the game on an actual PSX.

Thanks

Oh yea, i forgot the whole reason i was somewhat forced to use alcohol 120% was becuase in my Chrono Cross corrupt file thread i mentioned that the game file and sub file combined were 736 mb. which is larger than a standard 702 mb cd-r. So i believe it was Gundamguy who said to burn the game as an image and it will fit.....and it did! My dilemma was what image format should i set games to? When you open up alcohol 120% you prepare the image aka the extraced file from your iso and then you proceed to the next setup page which then asks you what image format to use. I was wondering if the extention on the rom file like ChronoCross.mdf for example needed to match that of the alcohol image format, and for games that have a different extention would it even matter if it matched the available image formats or if is irrelevant to which format you use. The formats that are there are: .mdf, .cue, .bin, .iso and some game extentions i have come across are .mdf, .img, and .bin. Now do the extensions from the roms i dl need to match the image formats alcohol 120% provide for me or does it not matter?

Inside of a Final Fantasy NES cartridge...
    Thanks
    EP Points

As long as ePSXe supports the format, the format doesn't matter.

For unsupported formats like mds/mdf, you use Daemon Tools to mount the image to a virtual drive, then after configuring your CD ROM plugin to read from the virtual drive, you play the game by clicking File > Run CDROM for ePSXe.

To play bin files with ePSXe:

Double-click ePSXe to open it.
    Click File > Run ISO > choose the bin file by double-clicking it.
    Game should then start.

For Dragon Warrior 7, you might have to enable Lazy Upload Detection if you use D3D or OGL video plugin.
    Last edited by SegNin; 17th-August-2005 at 03:59.

Thanks

Ok thats all i needed Segnin, thanks alot, after i found that formats dont matter either thanks everyone.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Iheartrpgs
    Ok thats all i needed Segnin, thanks alot, after i found that formats dont matter either thanks everyone.
    Well, that's a bit of an overstatement. It's just in this case that it doesn't matter.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eXe
    Well, that's a bit of an overstatement. It's just in this case that it doesn't matter.
    Well you are correct sir, and thank you too