Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pokemon help?

Thanks

Unhappy Pokemon help?

I've tried downloading several pokemon roms and they don't seem to work. I'm using Visual Boy Advance to run the roms and while all the other roms I've got work, the pokemon ones don't. Help? I noticed that some of the pokemon roms come in .exe files but even the one I have that is a winrar file does not work. I really hope someone can help me.

Thanks
    EP Points

Could you tell what pokemon roms and where you downloaded them please?

Quote Originally Posted by kitkatzz
    I noticed that some of the pokemon roms come in .exe files .
    never download a rom thats an exe xcept if its a self extracting zip or sumthin. most exes scept 4 the self ext. ones are spywhere or virusses

all pokemon roms i have work fine in vba if they dont there prolly corrupted.
    http://www.epforums.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=29796&dateline=143454  3972

Thanks

I tried downloading the newer (to me) pokemon roms, namely sapphire, ruby and emerald. I got them from this site, emuparadise. The winrar files that I tried running came up as an empty screen, or else they had the battery loaded flashing and nothing else. I can't figure out what's wrong because all the other games I got worked other than the pokemons.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Lucxus
    Could you tell what pokemon roms and where you downloaded them please?

never download a rom thats an exe xcept if its a self extracting zip or sumthin. most exes scept 4 the self ext. ones are spywhere or virusses

all pokemon roms i have work fine in vba if they dont there prolly corrupted.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

If VBA isn't set up right it will seem like it doesn't work with some of the pokemongames also the roms must either be in *.zip format or uncompressed *.gba format, for *.exe's just extract them with winrar or another extraction program (self extracting exe's can have spyware in them but extracting those by using an extraction program like WinRAR will avoid them from installing unwanted spyware)

In VBA make sure the Real Time Clock option is enabled for the Pokemon games

You can also use vba-over that I attached (just extract it to the same folder as vba - don't use previous save states though)

what vba-over does is apply the correct battery settings for some of the games that don't work with default settings, though my version may need updating but I know I covered a few Pokemon games in it
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Zorlon; 15th-August-2005 at 08:39.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

[QUOTE=kitkatzz] The winrar files that I tried running came up as an empty screenQUOTE]

even if the rom wasnt corrupted you should still have something in the .rar file
    and are you sure you downloaded fully, cos sumtimes with mine the might just stop downloading or i might get disconnected. and maybe try some other sites roms not just heres!
    http://www.epforums.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=29796&dateline=143454  3972

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon
    If VBA isn't set up right it will seem like it doesn't work with some of the pokemongames also the roms must either be in *.zip format or uncompressed *.gba format, for *.exe's just extract them with winrar or another extraction program (self extracting exe's can have spyware in them but extracting those by using an extraction program like WinRAR will avoid them from installing unwanted spyware)

In VBA make sure the Real Time Clock option is enabled for the Pokemon games

You can also use vba-over that I attached (just extract it to the same folder as vba - don't use previous save states though)

what vba-over does is apply the correct battery settings for some of the games that don't work with default settings, though my version may need updating but I know I covered a few Pokemon games in it
    Thanks very much for the advise. I tried what you said about the Real Time clock option, that's within options/emulator right? It still doesn't seem to be working. I tried using Winrar to extract the pokemon emerald but it's not working either. May I ask where you got your pokemons from? Maybe it's just something about the roms I got.

Thanks

I'm quite certain that the roms I downloaded were fully downloaded, but I'm not 100% sure. They're quite small files and it did say download complete. Have you got any other site to suggest to me because this site is the first one I've found that's not too hard to use and was quite highly reccommended. I really miss playing pokemon, lol, which is why I've been searching for the roms.

[QUOTE=Darth Lucxus]
    Quote Originally Posted by kitkatzz
    The winrar files that I tried running came up as an empty screenQUOTE]

even if the rom wasnt corrupted you should still have something in the .rar file
    and are you sure you downloaded fully, cos sumtimes with mine the might just stop downloading or i might get disconnected. and maybe try some other sites roms not just heres!

Thanks
    EP Points

http://emuv2.com/index.php?page=display&console=GBA

i think i got pokemon fire red and leafgreen from there but i still get most of my roms from their its a good site and pretty easy to navigate

Thanks

Thanks, I shall try there then.

Thanks
    EP Points

hope that helped you

Thanks

this has happend to me expected its only dose it on saphire,ruby and emraled it loads and then changes colours from black to white and just stays like that.

Thanks
    EP Points

My emerald works fine i dont have ruby or saphire but

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I know that they all work with VBA, providing you have the (save type) Battery setup correctly and the Real Time Clock activated all the Pokemon games will run just fine with VBA.

As I said in a post beforehand vba-over will set the correct (save type) battery setup for you automaticly, it has setting for all three of those pokemon games setup in it.
    Last edited by Zorlon; 15th-August-2005 at 18:02.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Thanks it works now.

Thanks
    EP Points

Glad we could help