Thread: Visual Boy Advance problems...

Thanks

Default Visual Boy Advance problems...

When I play roms on VBA often the controls and such won't work. For example, when I push right the character in the game will move right but sometimes it will stick or sometimes even none of the controls will respond at all. Also, sometimes they don't respond for seconds and then seconds later spurt out movements and actions. I'm sure it's not the keyboard. I've tried another keyboard and VBA is the only program with this type of problem for me.

Comp Specs: Dell Desktop PC Windows XP
    Pentium 4 CPU 2.2 GHz
    768 MB Ram
    Intel Direct 3D Graphix

Is this a VBA problem or do I have some weird option turned on that ganks stuff up? Im pretty sure my settings are on default and I doubt there's a problem with my comp specs.

Suggestions? Better Emulator maybe? Any help appreciated! Thanks. ; )

I call him putter putters. But that's not his name. his name is goober. But you will call him kitty.

Thanks

That's preety perplexing...I was gonna say it might be that your pc's too slow but all your specs are more than adequate for VBA. I wouldn't bother with any of the other emulators as VBA's definitely the best around. What FPS are your roms playing at? Because its supposed to play at 90-100% ideally, so the lag could be caused by the FPS. Other than that I don't really know-you could try uninstalling it then reinstalling.

Thanks

Well VBA is the best,but sometimes is better to try another emulator,i would recommend Boycott Advance,i have this problem too with VBA but not as often as you ,i play 80% of my roms on Boycott Advance,anyway if you don't want to use it the problem in my computer is the buttons for example i always play with these buttons J,K,L,U and start and select N,M it works pretty well with VBA.You never know what cames out .

Anyway if you listen to me , try Boycott and you'll save yourself a lot of troubles

You know not all the Boycott go wrong !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope you get out of your prob.

Thanks

The FPS were at 99-100%, and I've tried Boycott and a few others and the sound just wasn't as good as in Visual Boy advance.

Back to topic, turns out I left my torrent tracker running. I turned it off and it doesn't seem to be misfunctioning. Thanks for the advice.

I call him putter putters. But that's not his name. his name is goober. But you will call him kitty.