Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chrono Cross File corrupt?

Thanks

Default Chrono Cross File corrupt?

Ok i downloaded the Chrono Cross bit torrent file for both cd's in 1 package and the bundle downloaded fine. Now i run the iso and the intro to the game and the "new game" "continue" menue show up and after i choose "no" for rumble the game is suppose to start, but instead it just proceeds to a black idle screen. Anyone else experience this and know what to do? Thanks for your time in advance.

Thanks
    EP Points

Try using ePSXe 1.5.2 if you are not doing so already...

Thanks

Im currently using 160 just to clear anything up.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Iheartrpgs
    Im currently using 160 just to clear anything up.
    There are know problems with ePSXe 1.6.0 and some Square-Enix games Chrono Cross being one of them... they run better in ePSXe 1.5.2

Thanks

also turn on the odd/even bit hack in the special game options of your graphics plugin.
    My PSX List Currently 1055 games PSX Request List
    Yousendit upcoming uploads:

Thanks

Oh, makes sense now, ill try that but like a confused idiot i deleted Chrono cross so ill have to wait till the bittorrent i downloaded is finished and ill try your suggestions, thanks again.

Thanks

Wait, that happened to me as well. But for me it happened on 1.5.2 when I was running it from a disc that I burned it to. When I just mounted the image instead, it actually worked. It's weird.

Thanks

So Exe u used Daemons tools right? B/c in the meantime i downloaded Suikoden 1 and its a mdf file which means i hadda download Daemon. Now i have problems with that.

I downloaded Daemon Tools 3.47 right clicked it and turned on Analog Audio. Then i went to virtual cd/dvd rom and went to device 0: F and mounted suikoden mdf file and now theres a cd-rom icon in my computer. Its labled F: and has many files in it. Then i go to configure my cd rom under the epsxe and then all hell brakes loose!!!

i have mooby2 cd disk image driver 2.8/ P.E.Op.S. CDR Driver 1.3 and the 2 (default?) epsxe plugins: ePSXE CDR ASPI core 1.5.2 and ePSXe CDR WNT/W2K core 1.5.2 so yea help would be appreciated. thanks again

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Iheartrpgs
    So Exe u used Daemons tools right? B/c in the meantime i downloaded Suikoden 1 and its a mdf file which means i hadda download Daemon. Now i have problems with that.

I downloaded Daemon Tools 3.47 right clicked it and turned on Analog Audio. Then i went to virtual cd/dvd rom and went to device 0: F and mounted suikoden mdf file and now theres a cd-rom icon in my computer. Its labled F: and has many files in it. Then i go to configure my cd rom under the epsxe and then all hell brakes loose!!!

i have mooby2 cd disk image driver 2.8/ P.E.Op.S. CDR Driver 1.3 and the 2 (default?) epsxe plugins: ePSXE CDR ASPI core 1.5.2 and ePSXe CDR WNT/W2K core 1.5.2 so yea help would be appreciated. thanks again
    Mooby2 CDR plugin is for running ISO's as CD's. If you want to run your
    games from virtual CDROM you'll need normal CDR plugin like SaPu's CDR (preferred)...
    Using CDR 1.5.2 core plugins may cause problems when running your
    games from virtual CDROM.
    Last edited by MegaVolt; 15th-August-2005 at 14:20.

Thanks

Awesome, well i certainly would have been lost with out your help megavole thanks alot. Suikoden works nicely. I have a burning question now (both in urgency and actual burning lol) Do i burn the just the mdf file? Or do i also burn the cd-rom files that daemon makes? B/c i calculated either way i will be able to play suikoden. Since i only burned the mdf file i will have to run it under daemon again to get the cd-rom files, and if i burn the cd-rom files idk what will happen....if i need the mdf file or what so i just went the safe route...i think.

Thanks

Well, I think you only gotta burn the mdf file. Yeah, and SaPu's is by far the best CDR plugin. I dunno, but I never actually burn PSX ISOs. I just mount them and play them on ePSXe.

Thanks
    EP Points

Make sure you burn your CD's as Images not as Data CD's.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GundamGuy
    Make sure you burn your CD's as Images not as Data CD's.
    well thats not a major problem right? I burned Bushido blade as a data cd and it plays fine but i have to manually select the file from the cd rather than it autostarting which i imagine would happen if i burned the image. I dont know much about mdf files so i dont know if i should burn that as an image or a data file.. Or do i just burn the mounted stuff that Daemon's tools makes?

Thanks

I'm not expirienced with burning PSX ISO's too but you
    may burn it with Alcohol 120% or mount it and try to use
    "Copy CD" option in CDRWin. AFAIK CDRWin is better for burning
    PSX games than Alcohol 120% and more of that it'll force your
    recorder to bunr your CD's at lowest speed possible which seems
    to be somehow vital for PSX games...(this aplies to the trial version of CDRWin)

That's all I can help.

Thanks

Thanks megavolt, but i have come across another slight problem the file is 736 mb, 36 mb of it is the subtitles so the rom file itself is only 700 which would fit on a regular cd. I dont have dvd rom drive so i cant burn them onto dvd disks, maybe i can leave the subtitles out? I would leave all my roms on my computer but i am very very low on memory.