Thread: Detect

Thanks

Default Detect

How to detect if the game is PAL or NTSC on PSX games Iso, exe and CD?

Thanks
    EP Points

One way is to start it in the emulator with the Autodetect framelimiter on, if it goes 50 it's PAL if it goes 60 it's NTSC.

Think I remember Zorlon mentioning another better way a while back too, can't remember it though

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Del_Boy
    One way is to start it in the emulator with the Autodetect framelimiter on, if it goes 50 it's PAL if it goes 60 it's NTSC.

Think I remember Zorlon mentioning another better way a while back too, can't remember it though
    What emulator can do that?
    ePSXe can do that or PSXEVEN?
    Not Bad for a Female Gamer

Thanks

you can just look at the id file in on the cd (you can look at it in an iso using isobuster http://www.isobuster.com/ ). It will be named something like this SLUS_000.00.

SLUS/SCUS = NTSC North American region

SLPS/SLPM = NTSC Japanese region

SLES/SCES = PAL
    My PSX List Currently 1055 games PSX Request List
    Yousendit upcoming uploads:

Thanks

Older versions of epsxe would show you which version of PSX ISO you have. Just load up the CD or ISO and the BLACK BOX (dox window) will show you if its Pal or NTSC I think the newer version of epsxe doesn't have that dos window, am not sure though coz I don't use epsxe anymore as I bought a second hand modded PSone which is working AWESOME

| LG OLED G1 65-Inch | Ryzen 5 5600x @ 4.75Ghz | ASUS ROG Strix B550-F Gaming | Zotac RTX 3080 Ti Amp Extreme Holo 12GB GDDR6X | WD Black SN850 1TB | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 16 GB DDR4 3600 MHz | Lian Li Galahad 240 AIO | ASUS ROG Strix 850W Gold | Xbox One Wireless Controller | Nintendo Switch (Atmosphere) |

Thanks
    EP Points

Another thing that tells you if a game is PAL or NTSC is that when the game is loaded, the PAL games have a copyright law disclaimer screen at the beginning, and the US ones don't.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Akuma
    Another thing that tells you if a game is PAL or NTSC is that when the game is loaded, the PAL games have a copyright law disclaimer screen at the beginning, and the US ones don't.

a lot of older US games have the same copywrite screen as the europeon releases (pretty much them all were developed in europe) so this doesn't always tell you which type it is.
    My PSX List Currently 1055 games PSX Request List
    Yousendit upcoming uploads: