Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fantasy literature..

Thanks

Default Fantasy literature..

Im a huge fan of the likes of R.A. Salvatore, Terry Brooks, Terry Goodkinde and last but not least, Tolkien. Would anyone mind reading something that I've been working on that is along the lines of their writing?

Thank you to anyone who actually takes the time to read it..

Prelude

Chapter 1 - Part 1

Chapter 1- Part 2.. so far

Characters

Locations

Thanks
    EP Points

Thats really good Reeve. Keep at it.

Thanks

Ummm....Wow. Great job Reeve. Keep us updated.

Thanks

I think it's good .... do you plan on going for a public book or are you doing it just for fun.. and how old r u?? when you get more send'em to me you intrigued me! i wnat to know what's in sector x man

two errors i found... at least to me.

You've seen the way tear familys apart, and murder without a thought. They are mindless machines. (the way tera familys apart doesnt' sound right)

Those soldiers, lived in Sector X, literally and were allowed to leave headquarters very rarely. (is that literally in the right spot?)

Quote Originally Posted by darkreeverofel
    Im a huge fan of the likes of R.A. Salvatore, Terry Brooks, Terry Goodkinde and last but not least, Tolkien. Would anyone mind reading something that I've been working on that is along the lines of their writing?

Thank you to anyone who actually takes the time to read it..

Prelude

Chapter 1 - Part 1

Chapter 1- Part 2.. so far

Characters

Locations

Thanks

You're right... they probably shouldn't live directly in Sector X.. might complicate future plot points too.. Thanks

Thanks

Also, im glad everyone likes it so far.. Gives me the courage to purge onwards and continue writing.. I had planned on abandoning this project and starting a new one if it didnt get good reviews

edit: Oh, and I dont know about publishing and what not.. never entertained the thought... Im 19, I start college at Texas A&M on August 24th. Majoring in Computer science, minoring in music and creative literature.

Thanks

kinda wants me to start a story but i don't think i'd be any good at it i love fantasy/sci fi as well o and i'm gonna go for computer enginnering (but i'm in 12th gade so that might change)

Thanks

Have you ever read fantasy by Raymond E. Feist, Robert Jordan, David Eddings? Now those are some other authors you should pay attention to as they have a lot of series that are unlike any others.

On the seventh dawn of the seventh day a twice-blessed man will roam the fields. Doomed to shadows with his brethren, or saviour to all who walk the ground.

Thanks

psychofox which one is your favorite out of all (or should i say... which should i stat with )

Thanks
    EP Points

[...] You've seen the Mechinas Arakias! Seen them with your own eyes. You've seen the way they tear familiess apart, and murder without a thought. They are mindless machines. I know, it's your dream to continue your family's tradition of military service, but you have to see this isn't what your family fought for. [...] She was screaming now, clutching his hand as the tears streamed down her cheeks.
    [...]
    "Kariyanna, I've given my family hope, and not only that, but you have to see that the Mechinas are there to make the world a more secure place," Arakias replied. [...]
    You find it a coincidence that the explosion that took both our families occured when the first Mechinas were introduced?" Kariyanna sobbed.

She raised her eyes to his, and he saw her already white face, pale to a much further extent.
    "Arakias," she whispered, her eyes locked to his. "If the Mechinas are pure, tell me what is in Sector-X".

Theorom's headquarters was (Maybe 'were', I'm not sure?) divided into 26 sectors, each represented by a letter of the alphabet. [...] The only soldiers with permission to, were the Machina operators and constructors, whose names were undisclosed. Those soldiers lived in Sector X, literally, and were allowed to leave headquarters very rarely.

[...]
    "Females cannot even enter Theorom headquarters. [...]
    She trembled... "Because Arakias, I'm not going alone.." (I feel this last sentence would be better as "Because, Arakias... I'm not going alone.")

[...] The first half told of his planet's earliest days, illustrated only by primitive drawings. [...]
    Arakias' family had been killed when he was very young, [...] Before Mechinas ever existed, [...]
    Instead of saying that it was good, aside from a few minor grammar errors and typos, I corrected all the errors I found to the best of my ability. One thing though - the plural of "Mechina" should be simply "Mechinas" instead of "Mechina's" to avoid any possible confusion. Or you could even add a latin feel to it and make the plural "Mechinae"... Just my 2 cents.
    Keep up the good work.

Thanks
    EP Points

I also liked the books of Salvatore and Tolkien... didn't read all of them, of course. And your work... interesting. I enjoyed reading it, hope you'll write more.

Thanks

Well Raymond E. Feist you can easily start with, and stop because he usually writes his books in trilogies even though they are all of the same series, and unlike Robert Jordan most are only 600 pages long each, with RJ he has a series of 11 (1 prequel and 10 books and an 11th on its way most likely another few too) that are all about 700-1000 pages long with a connecting story, like one of those 5 part story arcs some shows do sometimes Stargate SG1 series 9 for example, first 5 eps in the series is a 5 part story arc.

On the seventh dawn of the seventh day a twice-blessed man will roam the fields. Doomed to shadows with his brethren, or saviour to all who walk the ground.

Thanks

Thanks for all the great feedback guys

Thanks

anytime!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks

Well, I'v always been a big fan to R.A. Salvatore's work and the whole Drizzt series. I have scans of the whole "Dark Elves" trilogy, so if anyone is interested, just PM me
    Last edited by Xicor; 12th-August-2005 at 21:57.