Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you have any questions about the bible?

Thanks

If you have to believe in god, or accept him to get into heaven.. Then what happens to young people who die before they can even concieve a thought of religion? What happens to those people who are born into countries where you are killed if you do not believe in a particular religion? If the choice is not yours to make, or you are too young to form coherrent thought on the subject, then you dont get into heaven? Ive always wondered this

Thanks

Everyone goes to hell because everyone not in their religion does. Since there are so many religions (especially in the east) that believe anything else is taboo then surely this would be the case if all the religions are taken to heart.
    Last edited by P. Wolvesbane; 11th-August-2005 at 19:19.

On the seventh dawn of the seventh day a twice-blessed man will roam the fields. Doomed to shadows with his brethren, or saviour to all who walk the ground.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by psychofox
    Everyone goes to hell because everyone not in their religion does. Simply fact.
    Congrats on most likely getting this thread closed. Great work!

Thanks

I'm just an Atheist, why should anyone from a religion believe my "blasphemy"?

On the seventh dawn of the seventh day a twice-blessed man will roam the fields. Doomed to shadows with his brethren, or saviour to all who walk the ground.

Thanks

Im atheist as well, but the moderators said that as long as any "religiously belittling" (sp) comments werent made, this thread would stay open.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by darkreeverofel
    Then what happens to young people who die before they can even concieve a thought of religion?
    I always thought the Christian beleif was that they went into limbo until enough prayers were made for the infant so he can ascend into heaven.

Edit: Psychofox - though somewhat rudely - made a point. If you're a Christian then you were brought up to believe the teachings of the Bible, so ultimately you would think that a Hindu's faith is not true, therefore they are blasphemers and will spend their afterlife in hell unless they convert to Christianity.

Unless of course you really sat down to think how all religions and their characters and events are tied together in the same story, which could prove to be very challenging...
    Last edited by Soeru; 11th-August-2005 at 19:52.

Thanks

If you have to believe in god, or accept him to get into heaven.. Then what happens to young people who die before they can even concieve a thought of religion? What happens to those people who are born into countries where you are killed if you do not believe in a particular religion? If the choice is not yours to make, or you are too young to form coherrent thought on the subject, then you dont get into heaven? Ive always wondered this
    it says in the bible that for young kids that can't understand it they will go to heaven (example:babies)

I'm pritty sure it says that

xena might be able to explaint it more if i am right or wrong.

Thanks

Everyone goes to hell because everyone not in their religion does. Since there are so many religions (especially in the east) that believe anything else is taboo then surely this would be the case if all the religions are taken to heart.
    I ask myself this sometimes... how can christianity be true while there's so many other religions. Some peole say every religioin is right?... well how is that possible when if EVERY religion is right then christianity refutes that statement.

Thanks

Ah but God doesn't control anything in the world of Man though, he left control to Man because he gave them free will, so whos to say the bible writers were faithful?
    I am not going to be giving any comment on this i feel it has been covered.

EDIT - I dont mind your comments, i do not judge anyone.
    Your opinions are yours.
    Raaagghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..... hh..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Malikman
    it says in the bible that for young kids that can't understand it they will go to heaven (example:babies)

I'm pritty sure it says that

xena might be able to explaint it more if i am right or wrong.

Why do babies get off free? thats crap..

Thanks

Yet another question that i can only answer in a bais opinion,
    which i will not be posting publicly, if your still intrested pm me woth this question.

Thanks

Someones bound to ask this question so I will just go ahead and ask it:

If God made us who made God? Its just hard to comprehend such a thing. Its kind of like the question "Which came first, the chicken or the egg" only to a higher degree.

This is probably one of the questions that is best not to think about.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Winged 2.0
    Someones bound to ask this question so I will just go ahead and ask it:

If God made us who made God? Its just hard to comprehend such a thing. Its kind of like the question "Which came first, the chicken or the egg" only to a higher degree.

This is probably one of the questions that is best not to think about.
    Im not a person by any means who can just slurt out an answer,
    but ill try to make some good points tommorow,
    but i will say that the bible mentions god always being around.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Malikman
    if you say this then you could say who's to say God isn't a concoction from the "evil" of man? but fi you are saying man are evil then aren't you saying you believe the bible is true because that's form the bible.
    Evil wasn't created by being written in the bible. Evil is another perception of the minds of the creatures that inhabit the universe, just like God is to religious people.

Thanks

but you said if everyone was evil or something.