Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Spread-It.com, another possible alternative to Yousendit...

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Spread-It.com, another possible alternative to Yousendit...

http://www.spread-it.com/

"There is no registration and no fees. There is nothing to install and no special software required. All you need is the browser you are using right now. A file can be up to 500 mb! We will host your file forever for free, until it is unused for 14 days. If nobody downloads your file for 14 days, it is automatically deleted. Your file is available for download at Spread-It.com 24 hours a day and seven days a week."

Try it out, post your thoughts, comments, opinions, etc.

Thanks
    EP Points

Testing right now

I don't know but I see these big robots called gears everywhere.
    Thanks

I am testing it out now.

ps: I can't belive how manny site like this is poping up after ysi came out

Need New Sig

Thanks
    EP Points

Yeah, you know how I found this? A bot on Direct Connect pmed me the link

Thanks
    EP Points

http://www.spread-it.com/dl.php?id=e...70993ae366a649

Please test this, Took me about 10 minutes to upload

Castlevania Sympathy of Destruction, a beats of rage mod for Dreamcast

Thanks

decent speeds

Need New Sig

Thanks

Another one is good...

www.megaupload.com 500MB upload limit.

Thanks
    EP Points

I was getting between 70 and 80kb/s, but that's with 7 uls and 2 dls running on DC right now.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 47.
    Another one is good...

www.megaupload.com 500MB upload limit.
    i think we all know that since there already is a thread dedicated to megaupload thanks to me

Out in the furthest corners of Cyberspace
    Thanks

I don't know how well spread-it, or even megaupload worked out for you all, but in my opinion they are still very buggy and need a lot of ironing out before it can meet up to the standards of YSI.

Now I have tested out spread-it just recently in an attempt to upload a file to it, and after it was done, it didn't give me any friggin' link, just a server could not be found msg. Yesterday, and the day before I had tested out Megaupload without flaw, until (refering to yesterday).. Megaupload's site when down for maintenance, and as soon as it went down, it was brought back up within the hour, so I figured I would continue to upload to it, and much to my disappoinment after getting a confirmation saying that my upload was complete, I didn't get any friggin' link, not even after I had included my e-mail address as well. I guess this is part of the maintenance work that being performed on Megaupload's site or something or they just need to iron out some bugs out of there as well.

Anyways, due to the fact that YSI may be blocking out uploads, (I've had this problem happen to me twice before); I'll stick to YSI for now, and use the handy hxxp trick to work around it, until something relatively better or comparable comes along, and these minor bugs for the aforementioned sites I mentioned are worked out. =p
    Humans:
    "Nonsense! No matter what you say you have no proof that you are a life form!"

Puppet Master (Project 2501):
    "It's impossible to prove such a thing, especially since modern science cannot define what life is."

Humans:
    "Half immortal! Artificial Intelligence?"

"I AM NOT AI. My name is Project 2501"

"And where shall I go now? The net is vast and limitless"

Thanks

I tryed to upload something and it timed out I think.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBinary
    Anyways, due to the fact that YSI may be blocking out uploads, (I've had this problem happen to me twice before); I'll stick to YSI for now, and use the handy hxxp trick to work around it, until something relatively better or comparable comes along, and these minor bugs for the aforementioned sites I mentioned are worked out. =p
    I neverr heard of the hxxp trick.

Need New Sig

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Steven
    I tryed to upload something and it timed out I think.

I neverr heard of the hxxp trick.
    The hxxp trick is what some members have used to get around YSI blocking or preventing people from getting to the downloads or files that have been uploaded to it. hxxp followed by the link that leads to the game being downloaded is copy and pasted into your web browser, and hxxp is simply replaced with http instead. Supposedly this trick works to keep the links up and active on YSI, so far I've found it to work for me.
    Humans:

"It's impossible to prove such a thing, especially since modern science cannot define what life is."

Humans:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBinary
    The hxxp trick is what some members have used to get around YSI blocking or preventing people from getting to the downloads or files that have been uploaded to it. hxxp followed by the link that leads to the game being downloaded is copy and pasted into your web browser, and hxxp is simply replaced with http instead. Supposedly this trick works to keep the links up and active on YSI, so far I've found it to work for me.
    Actually, the problem is probably because of which server you're uploading to. The 50+ servers usually got blocked.
    And I don't see how the hxxp thing would work. If the solution for it was to copy the link and paste it manually in your browser wouldn't using http be the same? So all you would need to do is not post use tags

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by brokenseraph
    Actually, the problem is probably because of which server you're uploading to. The 50+ servers usually got blocked.
    And I don't see how the hxxp thing would work. If the solution for it was to copy the link and paste it manually in your browser wouldn't using http be the same? So all you would need to do is not post use tags
    Well, you're probably right about the 50+ servers or whatever number of servers YSI has, but I just mentioned using hxxp here cause I read that someone else had used this same method in the forums. It seems that YSI isn't to keen on having it's links posted on forums ? *Shrugs* (wonders if YSI keeps track of that sort of thing), yeah I've been wondering the same thing about the hxxp method, and the copy and paste of the links into your browser. But hey, whatever keeps the links up right ? I'm not entirely sure that this method helps to keep the links alive or active, or prevent your uploads from being blocked, but so far using this method has helped me out in that I don't need to worry about having to reupload or repost a game and spending more time in doing so when someone clicks on a direct link using http on the YSI Links forum.
    Humans:

Humans:

Thanks

We someone might as well upload Chocobo Dungeon 2 ....just to test it...