Thread: Burning a PSX Disk to play on a non modded PSX

Thanks

Default Burning a PSX Disk to play on a non modded PSX

ive heard somewhere that its possible to burn a psx disk a special way that it will play even if i dont have a modded psx??? i forget where i saw it but if i could would somebody please post it....ive been looking for sooo long!

I don't know but I see these big robots called gears everywhere.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by promo0503
    ive heard somewhere that its possible to burn a psx disk a special way that it will play even if i dont have a modded psx??? i forget where i saw it but if i could would somebody please post it....ive been looking for sooo long!
    It is not posible. The best you can hope for is to use a boot disk like a action replay. But you cannot burn a psx game that will run on a unmodded psx like a real copy

Need New Sig

Thanks

would the Playstation Boot Disc PS-X-Change V2 work??? from http://www.modchipstore.com/Playstat...-V2-16136.html

Thanks

Actually, if you have a VERY flexible burner, it is possible to do so. The only thing that prevents a burned CD from running on a playstation is the fact that most/all consumer cd burners automatically add a proper checksum in the disk's "header" PS1 expects a blank (all zero) checksum and won't run a disk that has a proper checksum in the header. If you could somehow modify your CD-R firmware to disable checksum calculation/writing, you COULD burn CDs that would work on an unmodded PSX. I don't know if anyone had ever actually been able to do this but it is IN THEORY possible.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by madcrow
    Actually, if you have a VERY flexible burner, it is possible to do so. The only thing that prevents a burned CD from running on a playstation is the fact that most/all consumer cd burners automatically add a proper checksum in the disk's "header" PS1 expects a blank (all zero) checksum and won't run a disk that has a proper checksum in the header. If you could somehow modify your CD-R firmware to disable checksum calculation/writing, you COULD burn CDs that would work on an unmodded PSX. I don't know if anyone had ever actually been able to do this but it is IN THEORY possible.
    so thats how they do it I will have to try to figure something out so I can put it to the test.

Need New Sig

Thanks
    EP Points

What about the swap trick? Or is that just for import games?

Thanks
    EP Points

The swap trick works pretty well. If you have a super old ps1, like back from when they first came out, you don't need anything special to boot cd-r's - all you have to do is prop the lid open and keep that button clamped with a toothpick, then you can swap the disc when it stops spinning. But, I would guess if you still have an original, first run PS1, it's probably dead. Hope that helps!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FlavaFave
    The swap trick works pretty well. If you have a super old ps1, like back from when they first came out, you don't need anything special to boot cd-r's - all you have to do is prop the lid open and keep that button clamped with a toothpick, then you can swap the disc when it stops spinning. But, I would guess if you still have an original, first run PS1, it's probably dead. Hope that helps!
    that works all the way to the newer smaller psone

ps: I have a lunch psx that still works. Just not as well as it used to (maby I need to clean the lense a few times or soemthing )

Need New Sig

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I used to use the swap trick. I had the quickest hands in town. Then I bought a cheat card and plugged it into the back, but no one else had the slot for one. There was also a way of connecting something to the eight million ports at the back, but I can't remember. Again, I was the only one with all these connectors.

Thanks
    EP Points

that works all the way to the newer smaller psone
    True, however after the original release, you needed either a gameshark or type of action replay in order to get the disc to stop spinning. Later on they manufactured swap magic discs that act as boot discs. The original system however needs nothing to play a copied game - just quick hands.

ps: I have a lunch psx that still works. Just not as well as it used to (maby I need to clean the lense a few times or soemthing )
    Lunch psx? hmmmm..... sounds tasty.
    Yeah, i would clean that lens and if you have a type of store in your area that can readjust lasers, I would definately do that too. Shouldn't cost you hardly anything.

Thanks

could u do the swap trick to play a back up psx game on a ps2?

Thanks
    EP Points

I wonder what all those great guides are made for.
    http://forums.emuparadise.org/showthread.php?t=30824

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by MustangGTdude02
    could u do the swap trick to play a back up psx game on a ps2?
    No. The only reason you can do it on the PSX is because of the lid. You can't do it on the PS2 because its motorised drive stops the disc spinning before it ejects it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by madcrow
    it was false rumor
    psx cp is SCEx pattern coded @leadin
    not reproducible on home equipment
    for now
    If You're Happy And You Know It Clap Your Hands!
    ..PSX..