Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Real Memory Card

Thanks

Default Real Memory Card

Hey this is not related to Epsxe but it is related to ps1.....you see I have one of those memory cards that have "multiple memories" inside them...and they have an Led to tell you wich memory it is currently on....well here is my problem...the dam memory card wont switch...I keep pressing the button to change the memory....and then it flashes a couple of times..and goes back to the same memory....

I have not physically damaged in any way...so I dont think thats the problem...and its is kinda new...

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Ugh those cards always suck. Possibly reformat the whole thing?

Thanks

And how do I do that?
    It merely has 1 button....and a led...I dont see any secrets buttons in wich I can reformat it...also..that doesnt make sense because..then I would lose all my saved data..

Thanks

Well you said yourself its new. And you format through the PSX BIOS.

Thanks

I have one of those memory cards. What I have is a 8 in 1 memory card with LED showing the number of card it is in, for example, 1, 2, 3, etc, etc with each number having 15 memory spaces to save.

Once I encountered this same problem where it wont switch. What I have to do is keeping pressing the select button and then press the R1 button or L1 button to cycle through the card numbers but it gave me a problem and wouldn't switch while blinking the letter "F" several times.

I solved this issue by deleting some of my useless saves in the current memory slot (for example if it was stuck in card 4, I boot up PSone and go into memory manager and delete some of my useless save.)

What I would recommend you is to delete ONE USELESS SAVE AT A TIME and everytime you delete a save try switching it. It should switch after you have deleted some saves. At least, thats how my card works. So to tackle this problem, I make saves in EQUAL PROPORTIONS in each and every "partition/memory card"

Hope this trick works for you. Better delete a couple of saves rather than formatting the whole thing
    Last edited by Kazekage Gaara; 25th-July-2005 at 22:06.

| LG OLED G1 65-Inch | Ryzen 5 5600x @ 4.75Ghz | ASUS ROG Strix B550-F Gaming | Zotac RTX 3080 Ti Amp Extreme Holo 12GB GDDR6X | WD Black SN850 1TB | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 16 GB DDR4 3600 MHz | Lian Li Galahad 240 AIO | ASUS ROG Strix 850W Gold | Xbox One Wireless Controller | Nintendo Switch (Atmosphere) |

Thanks

Er the problem is that I cant go back to the other memory slots(btw what do you mean by pressing select and then r1 and r2?..in wich menu do you do that?)

So lets say im stuck in memory slot 3...wich is curently has 6 saved slot...
    and my memory slot 1 and 2 have 7 each...since I cant switch I cannot delete the saves on those other memory slots.....

Thanks

Oh btw....can Winged 2.0....how the hell do I format the dam thing?...I go to the psx bios but I do not see any "Format Memory Card" option..

Thanks

When you turn on the PSX without any games in, you'll be taken a to a menu where you can choose the memory card options. From there, you can select format MC.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by otomon
    Er the problem is that I cant go back to the other memory slots(btw what do you mean by pressing select and then r1 and r2?..in wich menu do you do that?)

So lets say im stuck in memory slot 3...wich is curently has 6 saved slot...
    and my memory slot 1 and 2 have 7 each...since I cant switch I cannot delete the saves on those other memory slots.....
    Okay dude, listen. What I have kinda looks like one of these....

One led WITHOUT ANY BUTTONS and the way it works is if I have to shift from memory card 1 to 2, I boot up my PSone without a game CD and while in the memory manager, press and HOLD the SELECT BUTTON and then press R1 or L1 ONCE and it shifts from memory card 1 to 2 and the LED number changes from 1 to 2.

I really don't know HOW YOUR CARD WORKS but I thought if its almost the same thing, then the procedure to switch memory cards would be the same.

Anyways, as you said that you are stuck in memory card 3 which has 6 saves in it, I would recommend you to boot it up in your PSone and using the memory manager, delete a few saves out of those 6 saves and see if it switches.

Edit: I read your previous post and came to know that your memory card has some kind of button and AS YOU MENTIONED IN THAT POST that you need to press that button to switch the memory cards.

NOW THAT THESE THINGS ARE CLEAR, I don't think you will require the above trick anymore. Just delete some of your USELESS SAVES and trying switching the memory card like the way you do it NORMALLY.

Post here if you have any questions and also let me know whether it worked or not.
    Last edited by Kazekage Gaara; 25th-July-2005 at 23:12.

| LG OLED G1 65-Inch | Ryzen 5 5600x @ 4.75Ghz | ASUS ROG Strix B550-F Gaming | Zotac RTX 3080 Ti Amp Extreme Holo 12GB GDDR6X | WD Black SN850 1TB | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 16 GB DDR4 3600 MHz | Lian Li Galahad 240 AIO | ASUS ROG Strix 850W Gold | Xbox One Wireless Controller | Nintendo Switch (Atmosphere) |

Thanks

In this case I would listen to Ravihpa instead of myself cause he has experience on the matter and I am just making stabs in the dark.

Thanks
    EP Points

I had a card like that, it sucked, eventually stopped acting correctly and gave me that F (aka Full) problem. I bought a new one, a Performance 24 in 1, which works wonder. The brand making the 8 in 1 is Nyko, don't buy one.

The method ravihpa described above is the only one i found to be able to switch pages.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by polobunny
    I had a card like that, it sucked, eventually stopped acting correctly and gave me that F (aka Full) problem. I bought a new one, a Performance 24 in 1, which works wonder. The brand making the 8 in 1 is Nyko, don't buy one.

The method ravihpa described above is the only one i found to be able to switch pages.
    From his initial posts, it seems that his memory card is having a button to switch pages/memory cards.

Otomon, thats why I would recommend you to delete some of your saves and try switching it again.

PS: I thought that "F" stood for "Fucked up"

Thanks
    EP Points

Yeah but I thought it was a good general advice.

Haha, you didn't read the manual right? It clearly says F means <s>full</s> Fuckered card

Thanks

Mine didn't come with a manual and don't think its made by Nyko either

Thanks

Mine was not made by Nyko either...and its is pretty empty....so why is this happening?

Editeleted all saves.....problem persists..btw I still cant find the "Format Memory Card" option...
    Last edited by otomon; 26th-July-2005 at 00:02.