Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sigma Star Saga

Thanks

Default Sigma Star Saga

I have been waiting for this title for a while now, and Nintendo Power had a review of it, so I realized that it must be coming out soon, which means the ROM is either already out or will be out very shortly.

Does anyone know if the rom is even out yet? I can't wait to see how good this game is.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by D3stiny_Sm4sher
    I have been waiting for this title for a while now, and Nintendo Power had a review of it, so I realized that it must be coming out soon, which means the ROM is either already out or will be out very shortly.

Does anyone know if the rom is even out yet? I can't wait to see how good this game is.
    As far as I can tell from China GBA, it isn't out yet...

Thanks

This game comes out on 08/16/05 according to GameFAQs so I don't think there's a rom yet.

Thanks

Thanks. I don't want to spend another hour looking for it if it's not even out yet.

I wonder, though...If it's that far off from being released, why did Nintendo Power have a review of it for the issue they released this month...?

Ah, well. If anyone hears news that the ROM is available somewhere out there, please let me know, I would appreciate it very much. Thanks.

Thanks

they would be able to review because places like that get a copy way before the release dates so they can review it

Thanks

Yes, I know THAT...

What I mean is, why post a review when the release is so far off? They must be changing things a bit, because they usually don't review games a month before their release.

Usually, a review will be there for a game that is either brand new or will be coming out within the month, not within the next two months, ya know? Ah, well. No big. I'll just have to wait until it hits the net.

Thanks

Yes, I know THAT...

What I mean is, why post a review when the release is so far off? They must be changing things a bit, because they usually don't review games a month before their release.

Usually, a review will be there for a game that is either brand new or will be coming out within the month, not within the next two months, ya know? Ah, well. No big. I'll just have to wait until it hits the net.
    This game isn't allready released in Japan under a diffrent name is it? The reason I ask is because GFAQ's only has the North America info on it :

Title Data
    Genre:
    Role-Playing>Action RPG Designed By:
    WayForward
    Release Data
    Sigma Star Saga Namco 08/16/05 NA

Which I find quite strange as this is a release by Namco which is a Japanese based company. That would also explain why the review is so far off as nothing has to be changed just translated.

Anyway just my 2 cents
    MY TRADE LIST :
    http://www.dementedlullaby.freewebspace.com/

Some tomb from out whose sounding door
    She ne'er shall force an echo more,
    Thrilling to think, poor child of sin!
    It was the dead who groaned within
    - E.A Poe

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

WayForward isn't a Japanese based company, hense the lack of a Japanese release and the suppposed quick translation to English. It's why Nintendo Power had the game available to them for review before it even showed up in Japan.

Also, videogame mags often get games for review well in advance of their street date. That's to insure that by the mag hits the stands, the review is relevant. You see, if they waited until boxed copies of the games hit retailers before reviewing them, we'd have magazines full of reviews that are a month or two behind, thus rendering them pointless.
    What concerns me, is that often these reviews are based on unfinished code, complete with debug modes inserted in order to make the review process easier. That's a topic for another day though...
    Last edited by Cyberxion; 25th-July-2005 at 21:56.

Thanks

Yea, yea, I get that, except usually, the reviews are right on time, meaning they HAVE reviewed them before they release and the mag gets printed shortly before or shortly after the game comes out.

At any rate, Nintendo Power must have had an English version, I would guess--wouldn't make much sense talking about the characters or story if they couldn't understand anything.

Nintendo Power said that the game is scheduled to release in mid-August (which someone probably aleady said), so we'll just have to wait until around that time, obviously.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Yea, yea, I get that, except usually, the reviews are right on time, meaning they HAVE reviewed them before they release and the mag gets printed shortly before or shortly after the game comes out.
    Isn't that more or less what I said?

At any rate, Nintendo Power must have had an English version, I would guess--wouldn't make much sense talking about the characters or story if they couldn't understand anything.
    Wow. Y'know, I did mention that WayForward isn't a Japanese developer. They're an American developer stationed in California. Of course the game would be in English.

Nintendo Power said that the game is scheduled to release in mid-August (which someone probably aleady said), so we'll just have to wait until around that time, obviously.
    Indeed. I've been waiting for this one myself. I'm not into RPG's, but I like the whole shooter angle. It looks like it might be fun.

Thanks
    EP Points

It definitely looks western in origin, all the artwork is in that faux anime they use for everything these days. Still, looks like it could be good

Thanks

Yea. Honestly, I'm just wanting something new and different to play. Don't have a job, so I can't buy a few of the summer games I might like to, so all I have for new material these days is what I can get in ROM form.

Someone mentioned China GBA, but...How do you go about searching for ROMs there? Or do you just check there because you can see the very latest releases?
    Last edited by D3stiny_Sm4sher; 29th-July-2005 at 18:11.

Thanks

Well, Sigma Star Saga is out, so, hopefully, the ROM will crop up sooner or later.

*groans about the delay of Twilight Princess*

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I'm keeping my eyes open. As soon as I have it, you will. Er, that is, as soon as I find a site that has it, you'll know of it. Or I'll up it to YSI....or something. We'll see, I guess.

Thanks

All the people I've talked to have said that this is shipping today so it should be in tommorow. Hopefully it will pop up fast as a rom.
    MY TRADE LIST :
    http://www.dementedlullaby.freewebspace.com/

Some tomb from out whose sounding door
    She ne'er shall force an echo more,
    Thrilling to think, poor child of sin!
    It was the dead who groaned within
    - E.A Poe