Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Final Fantasy Game?

Thanks

Default Best Final Fantasy Game?

Well, I haven't played any of the Final Fantasy Series yet, I don't even know how many they are.. XD
    So I want to know what is the best of the Final Fantasy Series, so that I can download it and see.

Nadeshiko

P.S.: If there's already a thread about it, give me the link. I won't look up the hole "General Gaming" Forum! "

Thanks

i like VII and IX personally. those are the only 2 ive actually beat

Thanks

FF9, FFT and FF6 are my favs. I personally hate FFTA I also hate FFX. Really, most FF games now adays are pretty crappy, hopefully FF12 ends up really good.

Thanks

(These games are for PSX, right? XD)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

There are many FF games, I wont be exhaustive but you have : FF I to III for the NES, FF II to VI for SNES, FF I to IX (except FF III) and FFTactics for the PSX, FF X, its sequel FF X-2 and FF IX (online rpg) for the PS2, FF VII, VIII and XI for PC, FF Cristal Chronicles for GC, not to mention the games for portables...
    As for which is the best of all? some may say FF VI, some others FFTactics... I'll leave that question for the hardcore players
    The one I've enjoyed more was FF VII, but thats me
    Last edited by Cookie Monster; 15th-July-2005 at 10:02.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nadeshiko
    (These games are for PSX, right? XD)
    Yeah of course although I've only played FF6 on the SNES. I don't really like FF5 mainly because I don't give a damn about battles although I do like some of its dialogue. FF2 I've never completed mainly becuase I quickly got bored of it. FF1 I've completed but the battle song drove me nuts. FF3 well I guess its the same deal with FF5 and I hate those parts when you are forced mini >.<

I've never played FF7

Thanks

Final Fantasy 3 is the same game as 6 atleast in America. In Japan FF3 is a different game, atleast thats what I think. Final Fantasy 6 is definatly the best one...

FF7 = Overrated in my opinion

EDIT: Go here http://www.eyesonff.com/ and click on whatever Final Fantasy game you want to, and read the storylines and you will get some idea of what they are about. Have fun.

Oh and just thought Id add, Xenogears, Chrono Trigger, and Chrono Cross are better than Final Fantasy games, Also just my opinion you should check them out if you haven't.
    Last edited by DeputyDon; 15th-July-2005 at 10:27.

Thanks

Yeah I was talking about the Jap FF3 and FF2. Actually I kinda assumed you like FF7 considering you have Sephiroth as your avatar, I guess you don't like it afterall. Maybe you just like him.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Goshi3156
    Yeah I was talking about the Jap FF3 and FF2. Actually I kinda assumed you like FF7 considering you have Sephiroth as your avatar, I guess you don't like it afterall. Maybe you just like him.

No I love Final Fantasy 7.. But People just talk about it too much. It gets old after a while and most people say it was their first Final Fantasy, or their first RPG in general. So naturally they will say its the best. My first rpg I think was either breath of fire 2 or Super Mario RPG. I love both of those games to this day, and they are some of my favorites, but I know that they arent the best but my first rpgs... they are just special ha.

Thanks

Final Fantasy Tactics for the win, but I doubt you want that seeing as it's a strategy RPG and a spin-off from the original series. Then I'd say that FFVI is your best choice (SNES & PSX) or FFIX if you want something newer (PSX). The PS2 games love the cock and FFVII is over rated so I won't mention it (oops). M'kay?

Mmm, sephiroth is, by the way, a fag. Seriously, he was cool when he Sliced Rufus in two and all that but then he's just insane in an unfunny way. I could do that, fight the power!

I don't know you, you're not my friend.

I'm full of good ideas..

Thanks

IMO 4 or 6 were the best

Thanks
    EP Points

No other FF game comes close to Final Fantasy Tacitcs, for the PSX. That game is brilliant.

Well, if we're talking about 'normal' FF games, not tactical ones, I'd say FF7 or FF9, although I also think that FF7 is a "bit" overrated, especially now, with Advent Children so close. It was 'just' a good game, but not "the greatest RPG of the universe and beyond" as some people here say.

Thanks
    EP Points

Yep, FF games that aren't made by the original team are usually great. This means FF Tactics and the upcoming FF XII.
    From the traditional FFs, I liked 7 & 9 pretty much, didn't like 8 that greatly, but the FF1 remake for PSX was great. It was a lot more difficult than it's sequels. Also, most people say that FF6 rocks, though I've never actually finished it, always got to the end where you've got to recollect your party (and I imagine it's not that short afterwards, as it gets non-linear..)

Thanks

ff7 is over-rated i must agree also... but it still has an amazing storyline. I don't know why but i found FF10's storyline better than 7's... u can shoot me if u want

for PSX, id have to go with FF7
    for PS2, i'm looking forward to FFXII, im sick of Tidus/Yuna...
    For PC, Some games are available for PC, like ff7 and ff8 i think? but id go with FFXI (online)
    for snes, i really liked ff6? or was it 3? hell i dunno.. it had that crazy kefka dude in it

Best final fantasy game?

for people who havnt played FF, id go with FF7 straight away... or if your a city person and dont like playing games with disgusting worlds, try out FF8

I'm the bastard that created The Hang Out many years ago
    I like to remind people to feed my ego

Thanks

I think final fantasy is a good series, although they seem to be going downhill imo.
    -6 i thought had a good story and was pretty fun, good characters, good world to play in. Magic wasnt too bad.

-7 (although its a wide opinion) was/is my favourite as the story is very in-depth and there is a great deal to the game. The characters are all pretty damn good (2 secret characters also), and even though some say the materia system is too 'basic' it is still a good system. The limit breaks and magic attacks all look very good, and even the enemies are cool. (Sephiroth is awesome) Although the graphics are poor, i'd try get this for Pc if u can as you can at least up the resolution which takes away a fair amount of 'blockyness' as god knows there is enough of it already in the game.

-8 Is also very good imo as it is much more realistic. The characters were all good and they are actually taller, and the graphics in general are less cartoony. The story for 8 is also very good as it is more of a political storyline. But not at all boring.
    The draw/junction system is also very good and gives your characters a much much greater deal of versatility. Lots of secrets in this game and extra things to do. And even a card game 'Triple Triads' which is pretty fun.

-9 wasnt my favourite, the characters werent very likeable and the story was okay, but not at all too great, and the characters were also rather limited in their abilities (as in, certain people can use magic, and certain people can heal/summon etc). The graphics are again, more cartoony, but still, i'd say it's worth a test run. A lot of side quests, some not too great and the card game 'Tetra Masters'(i think) was shockingly bad imo.

-X & X-2. i dont know if u can download these but anyway...

-X did have a very good storyline that sortof took most people by surprise toward the end. The graphics are good and the characters are much more 'connectable', maybey due to the fact you can hear their emotions. The rest of the game is decent, but i would play it again purely for the story. Blitzball also had its moments (interactive sport minigame)

- X-2 i dont have much to say about this as i hate it. it is very girly and you have to work on a percentage of completed basis where you only get the final and best ending after gaining 100% and more which is very annoying to do. And the game only consists of 3 characters who soon become tiresome. And blitzball in this was more like a socer manager game which i found very weak indeed.

FFTA(final fantasy tactics advanced) was an okay game but isnt very 'addictive' as you soon find yourself bored with the same old system over and over (fighting). I soon found myself simply playing just to see the ending.

Final Fantasy is a good series, of course its a biased opinion, but i suggest giving it a shot and finding out for yourself. It is worth it.
    -good luck
    Good is good, but Evil is necessary