Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you believe in God?

Thanks

Exclamation Do you believe in God?

Well I believe, that there's a God or just someone who created all this, who watches over us and protects us. If there isn't, the life wouldn't make any sense. What were if we died? I believe in the life after dead. I think the dead isn't somehting to be afraid of, I think it frees us from all our bad feelings and problems. Do you believe?

Nadeshiko

P.S.: (If there's any mistake... Well you know )

Thanks
    EP Points

I havnt found any particular logic or reason to believe in a deity, so I do not.

I believe only in the wired Just kidding.

(\__/)_/)
    (O.o ).^)
    (> < ) <)

Now we know how viral bunny signatures really spread.

Thanks
    EP Points

Some people find no particular logic or reason to believe in a deity, and yet they do. Some say it's above the questions of logic.

Faith really is not a thing that can be rationalized.
    Do you accept that the reality you experience is truly how it is? Or is it just happening inside of your brain? Your senses can be fooled, even by your own brain, to think that something is there, when it isn't.
    Yet, the world radiates a feeling I can't quite explain. Something that seems to be truly alive. Not just the way most humans are.
    Anyway, I do not believe in a Deity/higher existence creating the world. I've read the Bible and I've found it a bit two-sided, good and evil can't be distinguished that easily. There is not just a single source of all the pain and suffering in the world, pain and joy are the most essential "components" of human life. It is the very nature of man to suffer and cause suffering.
    Anyway, I don't follow a particular religion, but the way I think is probably closest to Zen Buddhism, according to what little I know and experience of it through Kendo.

Thanks

But without the faith... There's missing something. I agree, maybe all that holy faith happens just in our imagination. But that's why it is called "Faith", not "Knowledge". I think there are always 2 sides of the coin. The light and the dark side. If there isn't the dark side, there can't be the light side. And there have to be the 2 sides of life which are in each of us.
    Without the faith I have a feeling that there's missing something. The faith can be different for everyone.

EDIT: Oh, I recognized that there's already a thread about God! (Religious Debate) I'm sorry! *bow*
    Last edited by Nadeshiko; 10th-July-2005 at 11:40.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nadeshiko
    I think there are always 2 sides of the coin. The light and the dark side. If there isn't the dark side, there can't be the light side. And there have to be the 2 sides of life which are in each of us.
    Hmm. I'd rather not get involved into religious discussion, but
    I feel like say something about it anyway.
    To give my opinion about good and evil I use a well known quote

"If there is evil inthis world,
    It lies within the heart of mankind"

In other words people created evil as they create good by
    the way of they behaviour...

Yes that's all I think about it and want to share.
    Remember though it's only my opinion...

Thanks

Hmmmm... I must say I do beleive there is some greater spirit, but I couldn't write it down. People's faith is one of the hardest things to describe as it's personal, but also very organic and instictive.

I personally aren't Christian but many critics of the Bible point out that it is condradictory which may be true. Most people though believe that the Bible is more of an analogy and to fit something as complex of faith into something that equates to a selection of short stories is very hard. I doubt most people believe the universe was created in 168 hours, it's just a kind of metaphor for belief.

So basically the answer is yes but I don't think he's an old man with a beard
    There used to be a real me, but I had it surgically removed.

Thanks
    EP Points

Hmm. I do not believe in God... well, I could say what Norgus said... I don't have a reason to believe, so... I don't.

I don't have that feeling that anyone or anything would be watching over me.

Thanks

I sorta of believe in God but in a spirit way cos I believe in the Spirit Realm etc and everybody has a spirit guardian watching over you. I would think God would be the first person to pass away thus becoming the first spirit and yeah so he/she named themselves God cos like who would argue lol. Just my take on the whole thing.

Thanks

In other words people created evil as they create good by
    the way of they behaviour...
    Hm... That's good
    But don't you know when you do something wrong that it's bad? And don't you know when you do something right that it's good?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nadeshiko
    But don't you know when you do something wrong that it's bad? And don't you know when you do something right that it's good?
    If only life were that simple
    There used to be a real me, but I had it surgically removed.

Thanks

I do not believe in any sort of deity. If you hear me say "oh my God," understand that it is not because I believe in anything, it's because I'm used to saying it.

Faith and religion are two entirely different things although they do go hand in hand. That said, I do have faith, though it's merely faith in myself and those that I love and respect.

As far as morals go, as far as shit that I haven't done, I still have a few. No homosexual stuff, no incestuous stuff and no killing PEOPLE. I've pretty much broken every other commandment and law in the bible, so devout christians and catholics can hear the earth crack and rumble at my approach. I'm afraid to go to church with my mother because I'll burst into flames as soon as a cross the threshold.

Oh, in case you're wondering, I'm not just an atheist, I'm what is called a Secular Humanist. Look it up.
    Last edited by brit; 10th-July-2005 at 11:59.

Thanks

@ maxadim:
    It is! (If we are children )

Well, I looked it up, but that English was too complicated for me.. XD Could anyone be so friendly and explain it to me simply?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Council of Secular Humanism
    Secular humanists do not rely upon gods or other supernatural forces to solve their problems or provide guidance for their conduct. They rely instead upon the application of reason, the lessons of history, and personal experience to form an ethical/moral foundation and to create meaning in life. Secular humanists look to the methodology of science as the most reliable source of information about what is factual or true about the universe we all share, acknowledging that new discoveries will always alter and expand our understanding of it and perhaps change our approach to ethical issues as well.
    That paragraph sums it up better than I ever could.

Thanks
    EP Points

Yes, I won't really elaborate, I don't need/want to really.

Thanks
    EP Points

For all those naysayers out there. I would suggest reading this wonderful page. (Norgus, you should read it too...).

www.simulation-argument.com

It's a pretty well written paper about whether we're living in a computer simulation or not. Not exactly Matrix style stuff, but it can make you believe in a 'post human' deity if you understand it =D.
    Try checking out the FaQ on that page, it's very insightful.

And for the record, no I do not believe in God. However, I do find the Simulation Argument very convincing, only due to the probability factor.