Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Do you believe in God?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Xaenn
    Yeah, I didn't read all of your other posts before I replied to that.

But that means you have faith for other reasons.

If the only reason you believe in God is because you are afraid of hell, that's no faith. It's like those who go to church, but embody everything that is unholy...They don't even believe in their religion...they just hope to save themselves. If they really think a God exists, do they think he's that foolish?
    The people who are like that are the foolish ones.. god can see threw any ones heart and he knows when people are just trying to save there asses by sitting in church. I dont go to church but i have an unbreakable faith. No matter what anyone were to tell me they could not make me stop believing in god.

Thanks

I agree. I don't believe in god so I won't even pretend to. If you believe, you have to believe with all your heart. And that's simply something I can't do.

---
    Robot Man: Ow! My robot balls! Error! Error! Error!
    ---

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by �p1r�t�S_dc�
    i dont need an explanation i just wanna hurt an aethiest brain by making them think of an explanation and I know some one is thinking that im making this up but im not... this was my life changing experience
    I've heard from one of my friends I absolutely trust, that him being the cold, rational type, he still got his whole arm numbed by touching a hallowed dagger that some Wicca guy prepared. He also mentioned that this guy could heat a glass of water to boiling point just by holding it in his hand.
    I don't believe in magic. But I do believe the human mind is capable of things like this. Leaving an impression on other people's mind, that is, a form of "Mind Control Light"

Thanks

edit*@the guy who said "that seems to be the most popular theory" Only 775 million people think there is no after life or god
    while there are 2,039 million christians so no that is not the most popular theory
    Sorry, I just happened to see this reply on the forum before hitting the hay. Where are these statistics from man? The world population is um, just a guess...6,446,131,400 people. 5% of the English attend church, so maybe just a bit more believe in God or an afterlife and America is similar to the UK just in more epic proportions/fatter (I kid you). It is true athiesm is becoming a more popular belief than Christianity, after all it's an easier lifestyle. Still I think Christianity is a more pleasant outlook on life.

Oh no, not the "Mind Control Light" people again! They should leave their Ouija boards alone. People get so curious sometimes...*prods a wet fork into the mains socket* heh. And they can't be used to predict the lottery outcome...suckers!

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by vergo
    Oh no, not the "Mind Control Light" people again! They should leave their Ouija boards alone. People get so curious sometimes...*prods a wet fork into the mains socket* heh. And they can't be used to predict the lottery outcome...suckers!
    I was implying nothing more that these so-called miracles are nothing more than cheap tricks. Weak willed people can be manipulated into believing things. Take any great conqueror for example, LOTS of people dying for a single goal, and some even believed that it was their own. But I'm going off-topic.

Thanks

The people who are like that are the foolish ones.. god can see threw any ones heart and he knows when people are just trying to save there asses by sitting in church. I dont go to church but i have an unbreakable faith. No matter what anyone were to tell me they could not make me stop believing in god.
    Exactly. And that's definately respectable.

I can't say I have unbreakable faith...but, I believe how you live is the most important thing.

The end of the world as we know it. Strangely, I feel fine.
    Thanks

I believe god has not helped one of you. if he doesn't have time to stop war, he doesn't have time to deal with small things.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I guess sarcasm has no effect in the God thread.

Im not here convert anyone, just to show my point of view.
    Im not good at rants so i'll make this quick.

People are so quick to judge each other. Calling each others fools just for what they believe in. Which brings to why i think alot of people don't have religion.

Fear.

There are so many different religions in the world and most of them contradict each other. People who try make sense of everything fall into a category of "non-believers"
    Most religions don't make since that's why alot of people dismiss them. Instead of finding something to believe in, people form a shell around themselves trying to push alll images of God, Heaven, or anything remotely religious out of thier head and decide to live and face the consequences (if any) that their actions bring.

What i mean by that is, People are afraid of being wrong. What IF you chose a religion, followed it's teaching ALL your life, and found out it wasnt the "right" religion. (oh no!)
    Your way of life turns into a shame and you are now a forsaken soul that walks this earth in remorse of your findings!

All those Previous statements are COMPLETE bullshit.

As crusher said earlier, there have been wars, crusades, executions, exiles, and sacrifices all in the name of religion. The reason shit like this happens is becuase people get caught up in being right or wrong. Everyone's so valiant to prove that their religion is the "right" one. They will kill another human being all in the name of thier "god" and when people see, they take the easy route and just to declare they have no religion or just choose not to believe anyone. (and there's nothing wrong with not believing.)

The Problem is that we go from believer/non-believer of our own free will to "My way of life is right, and your's is wrong" or "My way of life is right, so believe me or die".
    And its all a bunch of crap.

There is no right or wrong religion. People should be able to believe what they want to believe and leave everyone else the hell alone. Sadly this is far from happening because people say things like "If you don't believe in God, you're going to hell." or "There is no god, and you're a fool for believing in such a thing". Then people take it upon themselves to enforce their 'God's' will or their own will and then we have war, fighting, and etc. all over again. So let's all just stop it and try to get along

This is for the atheist.
    No one said you had to be religious to believe in God. The reason i didnt include this up there is because this is an inside thing. People are so arrogant as to believe that God is a fixed being. What i mean by that is, they think God is just one thing and nothing else. "God looks 'this' way and acts 'this' way and judges people 'this' way and if you don't believe God is "this' way then you're wrong." That is just some more bullshit and keeps piling. Idiots who think that way bring conflict 'within' a religion.

God is not a fixed being. God is whatever you make God out to be.(even for the idiot)
    It's alright that you believe God is a certain way but don't try to impose what you believe on someone else or that their portrayal of God is wrong. Instead of looking at God as a belief, treat it as a strong idea. From Allah to Budha to the Jihad, everyone has their own personification of God, which is ok. It's only when people try to turn that idea into a belief, that's people began to fight.

Anyway im tired of typing. Just one last note. For those who don't believe in God, if you are truly happy believing that, then keep on with what works for you
    I myself do think there is a God but if i found out my best friend was an atheist, nothing would change between us.

Lets stop the hate and spread the love.

Sex for everyone

And now......for the finger

Thanks

Am I the athiest?

I've mentioned that I am not positively right, and that I am most likely not right. But so are most people. There is no proof of anything, and unless we ascend to a higer sense of being, we are all fools. And without a new sense, a sixth sense, of understanding, we will most likely remain so. And even with, this understanding would through nature lead to our undoing.

And many people on this forum aren't old enough for sex, so not everyone.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I tried to make a distinction between Atheist and non believers. If you failed to see it, then tough

I don't think people are fools for believing in something. That's what faith is. Being able to put your mind, body, and soul towards an idea that you're not 100% is correct. Problems only occur when people take things to serious or fail to see the lighter side of things.

Thanks

Life is foolish. Follishness and judgement are human traits. We know no purpose, therefore we are foolish for existing. I do not say it is wrong, what I say is foolish. I do not have the answers, I am just giving opinion. This is a subject I stay away from, but I'll defend nothing if that's what it takes to get some use out of life.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sharp
    I believe god has not helped one of you. if he doesn't have time to stop war, he doesn't have time to deal with small things.
    Is giving us life not helpful enough?

How could we ask for God to intervene in our life in this world? That would completely undermine our free will and make all of our choices trivial and meaningless.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

You're an example of someone taking things to serious but im just giving an opinion also

It's true that we know no purpose that's why people try to find one. For some reason, people get up every morning and go to work/school or whatever it is they do with no guarantee of success yet something drives them to continue foward. They maybe fools for existing but that's also their purpose. People make it their purpose in life to keep on existing until they feel they are no longer needed in this world or just have given up. Which ever comes first

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow X
    You're an example of someone taking things to serious but im just giving an opinion also

It's true that we know no purpose that's why people try to find one. For some reason, people get up every morning and go to work/school or whatever it is they do with no guarantee of success yet something drives them to continue foward. They maybe fools for existing but that's also their purpose. People make it their purpose in life to keep on existing until they feel they are no longer needed in this world or just have given up. Which ever comes first
    What about those driven by the possibility of breaking out of this cycle?

Thanks
    Blog Entries

That too

I'm going to stay away from this topic also. It's annoying to think about religion sometimes. Lets all just get high and kick it in the hangout.