Page 98 of 148 FirstFirst ... 488893949596979899100101102103108 ... LastLast
Results 1,456 to 1,470 of 2207

Thread: Metal Music Discussion

Thanks

Sonata Arctica gig tickets onsale if anyone cares. Anyone planning on going to the London show?

Thanks

Man the Sodom gig last night kicked so much arse, the set list was completely awesome, in no order:

Blood on your lips
    Wanted dead
    outbreak of evil
    napalm in the morning
    sodomy and lust
    axis of evil
    the saw is the law
    sodomized
    der wachtturm
    ausgebombt
    among the weirdcong
    remember the fallen
    Ace of spades
    Bombenhagel
    Blasphemer
    Witching metal
    Agent Orange
    Obsessed by cruelty

Alot of it was filmed by this awesome little German dude named Manni, so my mug will very likely get on the next DVD, because I was right up on the barricade in front of Onkel Tom and Bernemann. It's very likely because it was Bobbys birthday and the whole crowd sang happy birthday to him.

Highly reccommended if they come through your town!

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Ton View Post
    Man the Sodom gig last night kicked so much arse, the set list was completely awesome, in no order:

Blood on your lips
    Wanted dead
    outbreak of evil
    napalm in the morning
    sodomy and lust
    axis of evil
    the saw is the law
    sodomized
    der wachtturm
    ausgebombt
    among the weirdcong
    remember the fallen
    Ace of spades
    Bombenhagel
    Blasphemer
    Witching metal
    Agent Orange
    Obsessed by cruelty

Alot of it was filmed by this awesome little German dude named Manni, so my mug will very likely get on the next DVD, because I was right up on the barricade in front of Onkel Tom and Bernemann. It's very likely because it was Bobbys birthday and the whole crowd sang happy birthday to him.

Highly reccommended if they come through your town!
    Damn being 16!
    http://www.epforums.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=29796&dateline=143454  3972

Thanks

Napalm Death have announced an aussie tour for september.

Not sure how many of you are into death metal/grindcore, but it should be a hell of a show (Blooduster are the rumoured support band, probably along with local openers).

Thanks
    EP Points

http://www.myspace.com/kekal

Listen to it. NOW! Well, only if you want to bit experimental but its all cool

Thanks
    EP Points

kekal is not bad, not bad at all.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zombie Vince McMahon View Post
    Sigh's new album is pretty awesome.
    Pretty real awesome.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Sky View Post
    What does everyone think of the new Mithras, wasn't too fond of Forever Advancing... Legions and Worlds Beyond the Veil. I know I'm a bit late asking about this album now .
    I <3 the new Mithras, but FAL is my favorite, I've recently been developing a huge interest in them in particular FAL. Fuckin spectacular band.

Another relatively new up and coming UK death metal band is Sarpanitum, highly highly recommended to fans of Behemoth, Nile and the like but they have their own sound, saturated to holy hell, and great riffs.

Been listening to a lot of Sceptic and Theory in Practice recently, tech death nuts will enjoy them throughly.

The new Alcest and Nile leaked. But I'm not grabbing Itylphallic until it's out, I'm set on buying it after I heard the preview. I still need to get the new Sigh... The new Behemoth was kind of a letdown. But I might buy it anyway.

Thanks

I really liked the Aspostasy, but its the only album I've heard...says good things about the rest then =P

Yeh I saw the leaked Nile album and was gonna wait for it to come out, may check out a few tracks though.

I need to get some more heavy shit, but if anyone hasn't listened to She Said Destroy I suggest you do. Their debut pwns.

EDIT: Sceptic sound fucking awesome from what's on their MySpace page. Knowing Nothing is pretty great. I hope you've listened to Necrophagist, they fucking own.
    Last edited by SA-X; 21st-June-2007 at 10:21.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SA-X View Post
    I really liked the Aspostasy, but its the only album I've heard...says good things about the rest then =P
    The Apostasy sounds a lot like a less intense, less dynamic Demigod. Zos Kia Kultus is more gritty but less epic (music is similar, but it lacks the synth sections and intros). The further you go back in their discography, the more black metal you'll find in their sound, going back to the early pure BM albums. Still good work, but they don't generally appeal to death metal fans.

Thanks

Theory In Practica fucking own too. I like Soeru's taste =D

Alright, I'll check out some of Behemoth's earlier stuff then. Any recommendations then?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SA-X View Post
    Theory In Practica fucking own too. I like Soeru's taste =D

Alright, I'll check out some of Behemoth's earlier stuff then. Any recommendations then?
    All Behemoth is good by my standards, it's just a matter of what type of music you prefer.

Demigod and Zos Kia Kultus are the only two pure DM albums. I prefer Zos Kia Kultus personally, but Demigod is cleaner and more varied. Going back from there, you've got Thelema.6 and Satanica (both mixed DM/BM albums. Not as openly crushing as later material, but perhaps more intense. Avoid if you don't like black metal guitar lines though). Pandemonic Incantations is 90% agressive black metal with some DM edges. Prior to that there's Grom and Sventevith, which are pure (somewhat melodic) black metal, and really just for fans of that style.

I think that covers all their full lengths.
    Last edited by Dr Mario; 21st-June-2007 at 11:01.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hypnos View Post
    Napalm Death have announced an aussie tour for september.

Not sure how many of you are into death metal/grindcore, but it should be a hell of a show (Blooduster are the rumoured support band, probably along with local openers).
    Likely gonna go to this, Bloodduster are good fun too, a friend of mine owns one of their infamous 'CUNT' t-shirts, best merch ever.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hypnos View Post
    All Behemoth is good by my standards, it's just a matter of what type of music you prefer.

Demigod and Zos Kia Kultus are the only two pure DM albums. I prefer Zos Kia Kultus personally, but Demigod is cleaner and more varied. Going back from there, you've got Thelema.6 and Satanica (both mixed DM/BM albums. Not as openly crushing as later material, but perhaps more intense. Avoid if you don't like black metal guitar lines though). Pandemonic Incantations is 90% agressive black metal with some DM edges. Prior to that there's Grom and Sventevith, which are pure (somewhat melodic) black metal, and really just for fans of that style.

I think that covers all their full lengths.
    Pretty much nailed it, I think ZKC is the most varied though. ZKC and Thelema.6 are my favs. Demigod is pretty damned awesome if you like a really raw blackened death approach.

Thelema is crazy, it's the most experimental they've gone, that album is unpredictable as fuck, it has an oldschool kinda vibe compared to the rest, very reminiscent of Blessed Are the Sick and I love it.

I have all of Sceptic's stuff. Yeah I know Necrophagist but honestly I'm not very fond of them anymore, kinda grew tired of their albums, but maybe they might respark my interest if the next album is stellar.

If you're into Necro get yourself some Psycroptic("Scepter of the Ancients" and Symbols of Failure) and Spawn of Possession(both, though Cabinet is my fav)

Thanks

Apparently Deathspell Omega's new album is set for release on the 16th. If they can match Monumentum and Kenose, this'll be a contender for metal album of the year.

The tracklist makes it look like they've abandoned the more ambient-type tracks (such the three prayers from Monumentum) though. A pity, because I'd kill for an entire album in that style.