Page 54 of 148 FirstFirst ... 444495051525354555657585964104 ... LastLast

Thread: Metal Music Discussion

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Stoned Stoner
    haha,na i like metal,just not shit where they have no skillz and dress like vampires,
    altho COF is cool but they got skillz
    CoF's instrumentals are decent but Dani's vocals sucks dick. And he's a camwhore.

Thanks

8 foot sativa isnt rap/metal man,and cypress hill owns all your BS death metal

get a haircut boyyyyyyyyy
    Cypress Hill. And I doubt anybody who posts in this thread dresses like a vampire. Yeah, I like some Black metal, but the way most black metalers dress is just stupid You're kinda like that one idiot who posted here awhile ago, Rybu I believe. The stuff he said was gold. Soeru lit him up

Thanks

also fuck you i dont have to go anywhere,nor do i have to belong

go put on your black nail polish boyyyyyyy
    Angsty, are we? Expected from a CoF fan.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Megalith
    Angsty, are we? Expected from a CoF fan.

Thanks

this might have been posted, don't care... gonna say it anyway...

Nightwish recently kicked their lead singer due to personal problems, it was posted on their official site

http://www.nightwish.com/ go to English > then click on the "read here" link on the main page.

I'm the bastard that created The Hang Out many years ago
    I like to remind people to feed my ego

Thanks

Yea it was posted here sometime ago

Edit: Anyone like Gospel of the Horns, they are fvcking excellent. If you like Destroyer 666 you should like these guys.
    Last edited by Frozen Sky; 4th-November-2005 at 12:42.

Thanks

New Zealanders are teh funny, no offense Mystic

One of you buttmunch's reccomend me a good introductory Death Metal band, go go go

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by King Tonberry
    New Zealanders are teh funny, no offense Mystic

One of you buttmunch's reccomend me a good introductory Death Metal band, go go go
    It's teh Ton. Oshi~!

Early In Flames sound just about right. Get one of their earlier albums: The Jester Race or Lunar Strain.

Thanks

It's teh Ton. Oshi~!

Early In Flames sound just about right. Get one of their earlier albums: The Jester Race or Lunar Strain.
    It's teh Lemon headed giant clock man! Yes I remember things like this...

Okily dokily, I shall take a looksie

Thanks

Decapitated - Winds of Creation....

Thanks

Tonberry, get Crotchduster - Big Fat Box of Shit. One of my favourite death metal albums

Thanks

Actually, all of us pretty much agree that black nail polish is inconceivably homosexual. Anyways, check out real death metal, I doubt you've had any genuine contact with that kind of music. Some bands to get you started: Suffocation, Vader, Morbid Angel, Deicide, Obituary, Cannibal Corpse, Amon Amarth, and especially Decapitated. FS I would give you rep for that, but I can't.

Yeah, I meant the Jackson Kelly. Don't know what I was thinking when I typed that. Please do elaborate more on this, Soeru. My price range is around 360$ for the guitar alone.

I have another question about amps and shit. So now, most amplifiers have only two modes, right? Overdrive and clean. To get distortion, I have to hook the guitar to an effects/ditortion pedal, and hook the pedal to the amp? Or is there something I'm missing here..? My price range for amps and distortion is around 150$ for both. I'd appreciate it if you could help me here as well.
    $360 for the guitar alone? You can get a lot of excellent guitars for around that price. Like the Jackson JS30 series(there are different models like I said including the Kelly, RR-style V, regular V, warrior, and strat shapes). However if you want to get that line of Jacksons I highly suggest buying it on ebay or used at a store, it's not really worth the full new price I think, knock off like $30.

I *would* reccomend some of the Ibanez's with whammy bars, but as a first electric they're not a good idea cuz they're tricky to set up correctly. There's a bunch of other guitars I can reccomend for you, I'll post later on tonight cuz I have to go to work soon. I'm dying to get a whammy-bar equipped guitar to play those Vader/Morbid Angel/Darell Dimebag squeals... I saw a Dimebag Darell instructional video yesterday on how to do those high squeals with the bar and it kicked ass.

$150 for the amp? That's too low, man, at least for a good sounding one. I think you spend a little less on the guitar then. A good amp -a Roland Cube 30 or Cube 15- cost $230 and the other one less, and you won't need extra distortion. The Cube 15 might be all you need, actually I think it's $150 but I'm not sure. I have a Tech 21 Trademark 30, same power as a Cube 30(slightly a bit more), but it has REALLY good sound quality. However it cost me $270 as opposed to $230 like the Roland Cube 30.

Also let me know if you're going to use the amp solely for home practicing or if you have a good chance of finding a drummer/other guitarist you'll probably need something a little more powerful(and evidently: more expensive). Amp brands to avoid: Beringher and Crate(only the lower priced stuff is bad).

And you don't need to buy a distortion pedal. The distortion pedals are only a good idea if you totally hate your amps built in distortion, dist. pedals have usually tacky sound quality. A decent distortion pedal costs $100 new, so I think you would best get an amp that already has built-in decent distortion. I can reccomend a few, again I'll be back later tonight.

I just found out that RIGOR MORTIS are going to play in Brooklyn, NY tonight! Fuck, and I'm going to have to miss them... this sucks, Howie will hate me for this. I knew they were back together but not on tour...

Coming home from college today I met a black metalhead dude at the subway station, he noticed my Behemoth shirt and said they kicked ass, and told me he went to see them with Suffocation in Feb.(the same show I attended). It was a cool experience. Only served to reinforce the fact that: "Metal is not just for the white man, but for the brothas and sista's too."

I told him about the Vader/Decapitated/Suffocation/Cryptopsy show this coming Monday and he was like OMFG. So I'll probably see him there. He had a guitar with him, but I failed to mention that I also play guitar and was desperate to find people for a death metal band. Fuck.
    Last edited by Soeru; 4th-November-2005 at 20:42.

Thanks

Yes, I will, because everyone who listen to metal has long black hair and wears a black cape and puts on black nail polish every day.

Get bak to da ghetto homeboyyyyyyyyyyy.

Thanks

haha king tonberry,ive seen that dude from the footy show,hez hardcase, redgey

and you guys are cool,atleast where all not in to listening to trizzed out uber tecno rubbish or gay punk shit

by the way howie im white and we dont have gettos,also my life doesnt revolve around music unlike some dingleberrys,

anywho ROCKON

Thanks

haha king tonberry,ive seen that dude from the footy show,hez hardcase, redgey

and you guys are cool,atleast where all not in to listening to trizzed out uber tecno rubbish or gay punk shit

by the way howie im white and we dont have gettos,also my life doesnt revolve around music unlike some dingleberrys,

anywho ROCKON
    You don't have to be black to live in a ghetto. And you basically just insulted 3 kinds of people: fans of punk, people who listen to techno, and most importantly: people who's lives revolve around music(which oviously includes musicians who care about their creations). How the hell do you expect us to take you seriously now? Music is my life, and I'm no dingleberry, cunt.
    Last edited by Soeru; 5th-November-2005 at 17:38.