Page 52 of 148 FirstFirst ... 242474849505152535455565762102 ... LastLast

Thread: Metal Music Discussion

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lagwagon_87
    Soeru, is this you in these pictures? I'd be disappointed if you did get your hair cut then
    http://forums.emuparadise.org/showthread.php?t=27674
    Wow... I never saw that thread, it's a couple months old. Yep, that is me indeed. But my hair is a little longer now. Going to take an inch or 1.5 sometime soon, I just wanna find a decent hair salon in the area.

Quote Originally Posted by Megalith
    That was fucking class, Soeru. You're trying to knock some sense into rocks over there, it seems.

I sent an e-mail to be added to that list, btw.
    Actually look at my later responses, even more classy. Thxorz for showing the interest. I'd post this at the Metal Archive forums... but those are filled with even more childish NS scum.

Thanks

My hair is fvcking METAL!
    Your eyebrows look like wax!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Soeru
    Your eyebrows look like wax!
    That's because.... duh-duh-duh-DUH!...

They are!

Thanks

Heh. The new Behemoth Ep is the shit! It's only 1 new song, 2 covers, and really cool live tracks. They should really consider doing a new live CD, right now they're better live than they've ever been.

The Danzig cover is cool, but I've never heard of that Fields of Nephilim band. Anyway, I now know that the next Behemoth album will not disappoint. Can't wait for those other crazy Polacks Vader, Dies Irae(if they find a new drummer) and Decapitated to release their next album.

Can't wait for next monday's metalfest.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Soeru
    Heh. The new Behemoth Ep is the shit! It's only 1 new song, 2 covers, and really cool live tracks. They should really consider doing a new live CD, right now they're better live than they've ever been.

The Danzig cover is cool, but I've never heard of that Fields of Nephilim band. Anyway, I now know that the next Behemoth album will not disappoint. Can't wait for those other crazy Polacks Vader, Dies Irae(if they find a new drummer) and Decapitated to release their next album.

Can't wait for next monday's metalfest.
    Fuck, I forgot to check out Dies Irae. There's a Polish band called them and a Mexican. I only have material from the Mexican Dies Irae (which is great btw) I heard the Polish band is better though.

And is Danzig a good band? I've heard like 2 songs by them (random ones) and they seem to be slow and just, boring to me.

Thanks

And is Danzig a good band? I've heard like 2 songs by them (random ones) and they seem to be slow and just, boring to me.
    You'll either love it or hate it, try out the first album.

Behemoth's new EP wasn't too shabby. Slaves Shall Serve is one of the best tracks of Demigod, the new track was ok, the covers where average and the live-tracks was great (which makes me wonder if I should buy their live-DVD (if it is a live-DVD that is)).

Thanks

Howie, how do you like Inhuman Rampage so far? If you've heard it, that is. Fuck, those dudes can play their instruments!

Thanks

Howie, how do you like Inhuman Rampage so far? If you've heard it, that is. Fuck, those dudes can play their instruments!
    It's good, but it's not as good as their previous in my opinion. The vocalist's voice is much better this time around, but they could've left out the harsh vocals as they don't really fit.

I've been listening to King Diamond's Conspiracy lately, and it's better than "Them" in my opinion. I find it strange that people seem to prefer "Them".

Thanks

People born in 1988 are fucking awesome. Well, at least me and Howie are
    Sorry, just had to state that

Thanks

People born in 1988 are fucking awesome. Well, at least me and Howie are
    Sorry, just had to state that
    Damn right, awesome is my middle name.

Thanks

http://s31.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2...A111E0UW03VPF6

*Ahem*
    That was me playing some Metallica riffs on my Classical Maxtone. I started learning a few solos, so riffs like that are almost a breeze now. Can anyone (*pokes Soeru* ) give me insight on excersises I should practice to increase finger speed?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Howie
    You'll either love it or hate it, try out the first album.

Behemoth's new EP wasn't too shabby. Slaves Shall Serve is one of the best tracks of Demigod, the new track was ok, the covers where average and the live-tracks was great (which makes me wonder if I should buy their live-DVD (if it is a live-DVD that is)).
    Danzig -for a cock rock band- are pretty good. They're all about image and attitude, but hell they were one of the first rock bands to have lyrics like those in black metal. The guys from Behemoth are all huge fans especially Nergal, I've seen a couple of pics of them hanging out. The US tour called "Blackest of the Black" is basically Danzig mainstaging, and Behemoth was invited for the tour. Must be awesome to be invited to tour with one of your favorite bands, who in turn also really like your music.

Behemoth have two live DVD's. One is old, called Live Exshaston(or something) from the "Satanica" era. It's cool but only if you like Satanica and the previous albums. The 2nd one called "Crush Fukk Create" came out last year. Pretty cool, has 2 big shows and some other small gigs from the Zos Kia Cultus tour. But the best part is definately the interviews and the "behind the scenes" stuff. Like stuff they do on the tourbuses(like drinking endlessly with bands like Amon Amarth, Belphegor, and Carpathian Forest), the pranks they pull on each other, and just weird stuff that happens on tour and the studio. They're really crazy but down to earth dudes, check the DVD out, you'll be laughing for quite a bit. Poor Novy(the bassplayer up until ZKC) is the one that has the most pranks pulled on him... maybe that's why he left to continue playing in Vader and Dies Irae.

Dies Irae kicks ass btw, it's like more of Vader with a slight Behemoth tinge. I mean... they have Novy playing bass and vocals, the ex 2nd guitarist from Decapitated, the lead guitarist Mauser from Vader, and Vader's old drummer Doc(played on all the albums except The Beast) who recently passed away.

Have any of you ever seen www.ranguitars.com ? It's the custom craftsman in Poland that has made guitars for the guys in Vader and Decapitated, as well as Krisiun and a bunch of other bands. For extremely high quality fully custom guitars, the ones they make are extremely cheap. If you ask a more popular craftsman like Jackson or BC Rich they'll charge you like $5000 for a custom, don't even think how much Gibson will cost you. But this guy charges between 800-2000 euros depending on what you want. Some people at a forum have ordered a custom from them and say it's the greatest guitar they've ever played. Pretty rad.

Megalith, that's pretty cool. How long have you been playing? What kind of finger speed do you mean? If it's your picking hand(right if you're a righty), have you tried tremolo(fast) picking(think death metal)? It's confusing how to do it right and efficiently(so it's not tiring) at first, but when you get it down you'll be trem picking fast as hell with easy consistency.

To improve your other hand, scales help a lot. Think of Zakk Wylde, that's the first kind of soloing/scales you'll be practicing. Just take some time to mindlessly practice them, preferably with a metronome and make sure you start off slow and clean. Then pick up the pace but make sure it stays clean.

Starting out with an acoustic is a very smart idea. I played acoustic for a year then electrics were easy as hell to play(I had to get used to playing on foot though).

With your skill level you should tackle these songs:
    Immortal - At the Heart of Winter.
    Megadeth - Tornado of Souls.
    Slayer - Mandatory Suicide, Angel of Death.
    Death - Crystal Mountain(might be a little hard now but it's not complex really).

Thanks

Are there any fans of the mighty Bal-Sagoth here?

Perhaps one of you can help me acquire a ticket to the X-Mass 2 fest (for the 7th of December, at the London Astoria)? I don't know where I can actually buy one from!
    Last edited by Klatrymadon; 2nd-November-2005 at 20:58.

Thanks

Bal-Sagoth's okay, but I prefer Turisas to them really. But on the other hand, I haven't listened that much to Bal-Sagoth.

Arsis - A Diamond For Disease needed a little time in my ears, as I fucking love that EP now. Can't wait for the new full-length.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Howie
    Bal-Sagoth's okay, but I prefer Turisas to them really. But on the other hand, I haven't listened that much to Bal-Sagoth.
    I would suggest that that's why, then!

I don't mind Turisas, but I tend to see them as one of the many bands who've taken elements of 'Sagoth and used them to create music that is ultimately more accessible. It's all fair enough, but these bands don't have the same appeal, for me. They certainly lack the imagination of mr. Roberts, at any rate.

I particularly dislike the way in which Dimmu Borgir cite the 'Sagoth as one of their favourite bands, whilst taking the pomp and grandeur of their music and turning it into fodder for the pseudo-gothic "MTV black metal" audience (as I rather ignorantly call it)!

Of course, there will be Dimmu fans here who'll say I'm talking nonsense, but there was something about the more recent stuff (Death Cult Armageddon in particular) that smacked of a watering-down and "gothing"-up of the unashamedly overblown Bal-Sagoth sound.
    Last edited by Klatrymadon; 2nd-November-2005 at 21:07.