Page 50 of 148 FirstFirst ... 40454647484950515253545560100 ... LastLast

Thread: Metal Music Discussion

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Vivi
    Nice, I was going to get it from Merchland which is down. but this works too Thanks man.
    No problem
    Quote Originally Posted by TheotheImpaler
    I'm finding myself really liking Limbonic art (Also I've been listening to the Arsis album I got a bit more recently, pondering getting the new album) could anyone point me to a few bands I'm going to find interesting for a while
    The Absence - From Your Grave!!!

Thanks

I'm pissed off I can't find the Insect Song album that will work.

Thanks

I'm finding myself really liking Limbonic art (Also I've been listening to the Arsis album I got a bit more recently, pondering getting the new album) could anyone point me to a few bands I'm going to find interesting for a while
    Like Limbonic Art... hmm, you'll probably like Emperor a lot. Also check out this new black metal band called Unholy Matrimony, there's a torrent up for it on KT.

Like Arsis... I can only reccomend death/thrash bands like At the Gates(closest you can get, but not as technical as Arsis), The Crown(heavier than Arsis), and you'll probably really like Vehemence(melodic death, but very unlike "Gothenburg" metal like In Flames, At the Gates, etc.).

I would also reccomend Arghoslent, if you don't mind listening to some hideously racist lyrics.

The Lord Weird Slough Feg are supposed to be real good too, but I haven't listened to them

Akercocke is the shit, classy black/death metal from the UK. Sort of like Behemoth. A mix of Nile and black metal.

Oh yeah, check out Immortal! Pure melodic riffing madness and atmosphere, like a mix of elements from Arsis and Limbonic Art, you'll definately love them. Get their albums "Damned in Black", "Sons of Northern Darkness", and especially "At the Heart of Winter". You'll probably like the older less melodic stuff too, so grab "Battles in the North" and "Pure Holocaust".

Edit: Btw, I'm learning Nile's "Execration Text" on guitar. I cannot possibly describe the difficulty of this. Listen to the song, definately my favroite Nile track at the moment.
    Last edited by Soeru; 30th-October-2005 at 17:01.

Thanks

Haha, on the Absence's album, the vocalist resembles Angela Gossow (Arch Enemy) ALOT.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lagwagon_87
    Haha, on the Absence's album, the vocalist resembles Angela Gossow (Arch Enemy) ALOT.
    I listened to the album hoping it would kick ass, but to be honest I wasn't impressed... They're way too unoriginal for my tastes really, there's enough bands that play that same exact style nowadays. Still, they're better than any of the other US bands that rip off the Swedish sound, maybe even better than The Black Dahlia Murder.

Thanks

Man, I was not impressed with ATG's latest album at all.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Soeru
    I listened to the album hoping it would kick ass, but to be honest I wasn't impressed... They're way too unoriginal for my tastes really, there's enough bands that play that same exact style nowadays. Still, they're better than any of the other US bands that rip off the Swedish sound, maybe even better than The Black Dahlia Murder.
    The album is growing on me. The melody to Seven Demons is amazing. A little slow, yeah, but I really like them. There are alot of bands that are really similar, but this band is better than most of them at least.

Thanks

Man, I was not impressed with ATG's latest album at all.
    SotS? Yeah... you can tell they were taking a more mainstream approach before they split up. Eventually the guitarists formed The Haunted, which REALLY sucks.

I've been rediscovering a bunch of bands that I haven't listened to in a while... like Deicide, I forgot how awesome their old stuff was.

God damn how I love Nile. I'm also really getting into Death, mainly for the guitarwork, so nice.

Thanks

SotS? Yeah... you can tell they were taking a more mainstream approach before they split up. Eventually the guitarists formed The Haunted, which REALLY sucks.

I've been rediscovering a bunch of bands that I haven't listened to in a while... like Deicide, I forgot how awesome their old stuff.

God damn how I love Nile.
    In Flames - December Flower has one of the coolist beats ever.

Thanks

In Flames - December Flower has one of the coolist beats ever.
    True, it's one of those songs I always skipped because of it's boring opening riff until I figured out that it really kicked ass.

Thanks

True, it's one of those songs I always skipped because of it's boring opening riff until I figured out that it really kicked ass.
    Yeah same here, I also skipped Colony for the same reason.

Then there are always those songs that come out just thrashing on their insturments with no melody at all.

Thanks

Has anyone ever heard of Soziedad Alkoholika? They're a very old thrash metal band from Spain, apparently very popular but unknown to me. They sound like Sodom, Rigor Mortis, and Nuclear Assault(a lot!) with slightly more gutteral vocals! Awesome! Check them out if you want some good underground thrash and don't mind lyrics in Spanish/Basque.

Thanks

I reaffirm Soeru's recommondation for Akercocke, and add Melechesh and Carcass to that list.
    Melechesh is the shit. They play death metal in an Arabian vibe kind of similar to Nile, but the Arabic influences are more evident than Nile's. Get their 2001 release; "Djinn". Carcass are a groegrind band that developed their style later into death metal. Their album "Heartwork" is mandatory. Get it if you haven't already.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Megalith
    I reaffirm Soeru's recommondation for Akercocke, and add Melechesh and Carcass to that list.
    Melechesh is the shit. They play death metal in an Arabian vibe kind of similar to Nile, but the Arabic influences are more evident than Nile's. Get their 2001 release; "Djinn". Carcass are a groegrind band that developed their style later into death metal. Their album "Heartwork" is mandatory. Get it if you haven't already.
    "Heartwork"! I knew I was forgetting something when reccomending bands like Arsis. That album is very close to Arsis' sound. It's a must.

Will check out Melechesh. Is it incredibly brutal like Nile?

Thanks

Check out Solitary - Trail of Omission. They are what you call good melo-death, they even covered In Flames - Artifacts of the Black Rain