View Poll Results: You think they fucked it up ?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

10 55.56%
  • No.

8 44.44%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Megaman Zero 2D vs 3D....

Thanks

Default Megaman Zero 2D vs 3D....

How many of you guys think Capcom totally FUCKED it up when they went from 2D (x4, x5, x6) to 3D (x7 and x8).

On a personal level, I think they fucked it up. My favorite character is Zero which so totally rocks but it doesn't anymore in those stupid 3D games. I bought x7 in hopes that they might have really done something cool but it didn't have that "spark" anymore. Then again, I went ahead and bought x8 thinking they might have improved but unfortunately they didn't. I think they are KILLING THE SERIES.

And by the way, Megaman Zero 3 (GBA) SUCKS. Its NOTHING compared to PSone's x4, x5 and x6.

What do you guys think ?

| LG OLED G1 65-Inch | Ryzen 5 5600x @ 4.75Ghz | ASUS ROG Strix B550-F Gaming | Zotac RTX 3080 Ti Amp Extreme Holo 12GB GDDR6X | WD Black SN850 1TB | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 16 GB DDR4 3600 MHz | Lian Li Galahad 240 AIO | ASUS ROG Strix 850W Gold | Xbox One Wireless Controller | Nintendo Switch (Atmosphere) |

Mikey_ Guest

i never played x7 or x8 so i can't comment on those but if they're anything like mega man legend games, then yeah they totally messed up. i don't think capcom should have moved the MMX series to 3d, they could have just made the games super detailed, maybe make them have better music and actually have the MMX cast of characters do something new for a change.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by X][Venom][X
    i never played x7 or x8 so i can't comment on those but if they're anything like mega man legend games, then yeah they totally messed up. i don't think capcom should have moved the MMX series to 3d, they could have just made the games super detailed, maybe make them have better music and actually have the MMX cast of characters do something new for a change.
    Thats what I was actually hoping for when PS2 released but

And yes, THEY SUCK and so did Megaman Legends.

By the way, is there a way we can make Capcom realize this.....like forums or something where they actually listen to the fans ?
    Last edited by Kazekage Gaara; 3rd-July-2005 at 02:59.

| LG OLED G1 65-Inch | Ryzen 5 5600x @ 4.75Ghz | ASUS ROG Strix B550-F Gaming | Zotac RTX 3080 Ti Amp Extreme Holo 12GB GDDR6X | WD Black SN850 1TB | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 16 GB DDR4 3600 MHz | Lian Li Galahad 240 AIO | ASUS ROG Strix 850W Gold | Xbox One Wireless Controller | Nintendo Switch (Atmosphere) |

Mikey_ Guest

dunno. i'm sure u can call them up and express your opinions.

Thanks

I used to like MegaMan games. I don't play them now, but I would. I think there's just too many of them. It's not all focused.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I don't agree that the 3-D games suck because they're 3-D. I think they suck because in my opinion, the Megaman series has been in decline since Megaman 3 for the NES. Oh, with the exception of the first three Megaman X games.

After nearly sixty games (Give or take a few.) since the series' inception in eighties, I think the market's been oversaturated by Megaman titles. Capcom should give the series a break already, and maybe pick it up again in several years. Churning out game after game is diluting any of the cool factor Megaman once had.

Thanks

lol, same time post, Cyberxion.

Mikey_ Guest

oversaturating isn't such a bad thing sometimes? i mean, look at mario games and final fantasy games, both of which have been over saturated and still sell strong. i guess mario and FF fans are more in numbers than those of MM fans.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

The fact that there have been around sixty Megaman games in less then twenty years doesn't bother you?

Thanks

That's a matter of opinion.

I like the Megaman Legends series cause it's completely diffirent form the rest. You're free to go wherever & whenever you like, no stages+boss+"absorb their weapons to use against other bosses" fights. it didn't even have to be megaman, they could've made a whole new character for all I care. The gameplay is good enough. people who bash it, do so because it has the megaman license and thus expect it to have features from other megaman games.

megaman zero games? again, this plays diffirently form the X series. Do take into consideration the GBA has 4 buttons so the controls have to be diffirent from the psx series. It plays like any other platform game to me. I don't see what the problem is.

Dont' compare the megaman sagas/series games with one another. It's good that they're diffirent.
    X7 sucked though. X8 is better.

What I REALLY want Capcom to do is to finally make a game that ties the Megaman and MegaMan X series together. What happened to megaman/roll/protoman/bass/etcetc that leads to X and Zero being capsuled. How did Sigma turn from a maverick into a virus form, what did he and Dr Wily talk about at the end of X5 (darn them for not keeping the storyline fixed on this). X6 and up completely went away from that potentially great storyline. I hated X6, game is way too cheap (cheap as in SNK cheap bosses, you die way too easily)
    Give me what I want or face destruction........IN JAPANESE!

Thanks
    EP Points

According to the TV show (lol), Megaman does actually meet X, it was a wierd episode though.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Borman
    According to the TV show (lol), Megaman does actually meet X, it was a wierd episode though.
    EW EW NO NO NOOOOOOOO!!
    Do NOT bring up that unbelievable crappy cartoon show in here!!

*pukes*

that was unbelievably bad! never let americans make cartoons out of japanese games.
    Give me what I want or face destruction........IN JAPANESE!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Borman
    Yeah, that was a very strange episode. That was a cool show though...

I have to agree it's been in a decline since 3. But the titles not long after 3 were still quite good (not as good). Now what they should do is put the games together. Everybody knows there would be nothing cooler than fighting Bomb Man with Needle or some other power.

Mikey_ Guest

mega man 2 was the best of the MM series i think.

Thanks

3D just doesn't work right with Megaman and this move of classic series to 3D is really hurting a lot of them. Developers feel 3D is the only way to progress when there is still a lot of life you can add to 2D games if they'd just try. Games like Gradius 5 and Contra: Shattered Soldier are good examples that 2D can still be great and look wonderful if not better than a 3D game can. Having that said I can't wait for the Megaman X collection to come out.

Btw I loved Zero 3
    My PSX List Currently 1055 games PSX Request List
    Yousendit upcoming uploads: