Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Rpgs

Thanks

They are files.. they are like 40 kb each.. why would i have to unextract them.. that doesn't make sense.. i need them together to create the first disk of star ocean...

EDIT: I download the 7zip thing.. and some how.. it worked.. i didnt need it I could have done it with winrar.. but winrar is dumb and doesn't have instruction for dummies..
    Last edited by DeputyDon; 4th-July-2005 at 13:03.

Thanks

I had a look through this thread a while back, and since all the zany old school people are gone, it's up to me to propagate Earthbound. So yeah. Download it, and love it, and stuff. (For SNES, btw.)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lenin.
    I had a look through this thread a while back, and since all the zany old school people are gone, it's up to me to propagate Earthbound. So yeah. Download it, and love it, and stuff. (For SNES, btw.)
    I'll give Earthbound one thing. It's definately the strangest game I've ever played.

Thanks

earthbound is strange but very coool i got pritty far i don't remembrer how far though.

Thanks

Rivercity Ransom is a semi-RPG from back in the day on the NES platform.. It's a side-scrolling fighter where you collect cash off guys and buy new martial arts techniques, food to increase stats, etc.. It's kind of short but the gameplay is sweet, I wish they'd made more of them..

Also if you like this game, play Championship Dodgeball for the NES (or something, it's called something dodgeball,) and it uses a similar engine and sprites to rivercity ransom.. It's a sweet dodgeball game and will make for a fun few hours, and even though you said no sports, dodge ball isin't really a sport, IMHO..
    "History will be kind to me, for I intend to write it."
    -Sir Winston Churchill

Thanks

haha great ideas :-D

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pkt-zer0
    Seconded. Fallout 1-2, also. Both are great because they allow you to have virtually any kind of character and succeed.
    I am a rabid fallout believer, and any game in the series on PC is worth the time/price, you can buy a fallout bundle for less than 10 bucks these days, or probably DL it somewhere. I hang out on the gamefaqs.com forums, for fallout/fallout2/etc, and a player actually hacked his character to have one in every stat, and beat the game! This doesn't mean the game is easy by any means, but it shows that almost anything is possible in it. Also, the game developers made a lot of easter-egg-ish stuff if you have eceptionally high/low stats, like if you have an ultra-low intelligence, you character can barely speak in anything otehr than monosyllables..

Planescape torment is another excellent game, far and above the baldurs gate series, IMHO.

As a last note, the fallout console games aren't worth the time it takes to toss them in the trashcan, they are basically a bastardized baldurs gate:dark alliance engine, with some gutter humor and firearms. Almost, but not quite worth the effort to play them.
    "History will be kind to me, for I intend to write it."
    -Sir Winston Churchill