Thread: Chankast won't recognize that I have a game mounted...

Thanks

Default Chankast won't recognize that I have a game mounted...

OK...I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I'm trying to get Chankast to work, I have my game mounted on a virtual drive with Daemon tools. I changed the cd drive in Chankast to reflect the drive my game is mounted on. I have the bios, but when I start the game it pops up an audio cd menu and when I hit play it says "please insert game disc" what am I doing wrong??? Please help! Do I need to mount some kind of boot disc first? BTW, The game I'm trying to run is Street Fighter III double impact.

I've searched around other forums and it seems a lot of ppl are having this problem too...but no one seems to have a solution, yet. I'm sure there are a lot of you who've gotten chankast to work. If you can help in any way it would be great. Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Sprung; 15th-June-2005 at 03:28.

Thanks

Default Response To Your Audio Disk Problem

I had the same problem when I was mounting the iso for the first time. The problem you are having may have to do with the version of daemon tools you are using. First of all do you have all the bios and everything is set up well on you chankast. If so then it is you daemon tools. When I finally got my chankast to work with daemon tools it would work until I turned my computer off and then it would read any iso as an audio file. Then I would have to reinstall daemon tools for the game to work again. I tried version 3.29 which is the one I am using now all the way to 3.46. They all did the same thing. What I found to be most usefull if this keeps happening is to burn the image to a disk then pick that as the drive that chankast will be reading. I know this will work. It will pop up as an audio cd but it will work. If you don't want to do that then maybe you should try to use Alcohol120. Haven't tried it myself but it could work since it is basically the same as daemon tools.

Thanks

I've tried using Daemon tools 3.29 but no luck. I've also burned the image to a cd and tried to play it off the cd with no luck. Maybe it just won't play sf3. But, thanks for all the help BonerThug.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Street Fighter III Double Impact
    (NTSC-DC Not Selfboot)

If thats what you have then it's because Chankast only works with selfbooting games

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Default Not True About Street Fighter III

I have played street fighter III Double Impact and also street fighter third strike. I have them both! They work fine on my version of chankast. I know about chankast not being able to run games that are not self bootable but you can get around that anyways. The place where I learned about making games self bootable and getting my chankast to work was http://www.ngemu.com/forums/archive/...p/t-52727.html. If you say you tried burning to a disk and it doesn't work maybe you don't have all the necessary files to run the emulator. Just because it goes into the screen where it tells you it is an audio cd doesn't necessarily mean that you have what you need to make it run. I remember I originally downloaded chankast from here but it did not come with a few files that were essential to getting the emulator to work.
    Last edited by BonerThug; 15th-June-2005 at 11:10.

Thanks

I will try to make it a selfboot image and see if that works. BTW, what files do I need exactly? I should only need the bios, right? I was reading the Chankast help file and it just mentions that I need a bios file and a virtual drive program. Thanks for the suggestions guys.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Here is a version of the flash bios that will save your dreamcast setups, the one generated by Chankast doesn't save the information

You obviously have a main bios file though or it wouldn't even boot to the CD Music player screen

Daemon Tools is just fine for Chankast

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Thanks, Zorlon! So, should I delete the other bios and use this one? Or is it safe to just leave them both in there?
    Last edited by Grim_Reaper; 15th-June-2005 at 12:26.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

the flash bios is the bios that saves setting like the language you use the other bios is still needed

basicly the Dreamcast has 2 bios's

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

Default Here is my version of chankast

I just uploaded a the files I am using to run chankast and the emulator itself. If you want to try my version you can. I assure you it works. At least on my computer. I put it on yousendit.

Here you go:

http://s35.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3...N3N6KC4UCJAOYQ

Try this.

Thanks

Ok, I got cosmic smash to work so I guess it's a selfboot issue. I can't seem to find fastboot anywhere. All the links I find are dead. I'll keep looking but can you upload fastboot just in case I can't find it?

Edit: I found fastboot. Now let's see if I can make sf3 work.
    Last edited by Grim_Reaper; 15th-June-2005 at 22:43.

Thanks

OK, I got sf3 to load by making it selfboot...but as soon as the capcom logo loads chankast resets itself..strange. Oh well I'm happy I got this far. Thanks for all the help guys. I really appreciate it.

Thanks
    EP Points

Try using the boot disc and then swapping the ISO. Last I checked this worked fine with Non Self Boot files.