Thread: PSX Swap Trick by Lee + vid by polobunny

Thanks
    EP Points

Default PSX Swap Trick by Lee + vid by polobunny

Ah finally got the cam, and the video!
    So yeah get the XVID codec and everything should be fine. Do it with the same timing I do and it should work.
    This tutorial was done in my 7 years old sister room, because I have a chipped PSX. That explain the pink walls and other random stuff.
    This is a support FAQ of Lee's method. You can see the original tutorial here.

[What you need]
    -A PSX, this trick is untested on a PSone.
    -Scotch tape or a spring, anything that can block the lid sensor.
    -An original game*
    -A burned game**

*Some games won't boot other games for some reason.
    **Some games won't boot whatever you do or which original you use for some odd reason.

[How-to] by Lee aka knowitman, props to him!
    PSX Swap Trick Guide

version 1.0
    11/10/2003
    knowitman

This is a how to guide on the famous swap trick on the Sony PlayStation. You can use this trick to play burnt "back-ups" of your original games without buying anything (modchip, bootdisk, etc.)
    This trick works on every model PlayStation that I know of, but it takes a lot of practice to master. Don't expect to get it the first several times you do it. Just keep trying at it.
    You may be asking if this will harm your PlayStation. The answer is yes and no. If you do it in a sloppy manner then yes. If you do it correctly and take care of your PlayStation it should do much harm.
    I have heard of people that have used this trick for several years, and their PlayStations still run perfectly.

Step 1.
    Put some tape or something on the lid sensor button in the PlayStation so you can boot a game with the lid open.

Step 2.
    Put in an original (black bottomed) PlayStation disk, and turn the system on.

Step 3.
    The disk will speed up for a few seconds. Then it will slow down. When it slows down switch the burnt disk in for the original disk. You must do this quickly and safely. This switch will not mess your geears up since the spinner is on a magnet.

Step 4.
    The burnt disk will start to speed up for a few seconds. It will then slow down for about a second and speed back up for a few more seconds. It will slow down a second time. This is when you switch the original disk for the burnt one.

Step 5.
    The original disk will start to spin and the screen will go black. When the screen goes black you switch the burnt disk for the original disk one last time.

If done succesfully and properly the burnt disk will start to play. Enjoy
    If it doesn't work, try it again. You will get it eventually.

[Support how-to and video]
    I suggest you read the how-to properly and a few times if you don't get it.
    Basicly:
    -Start with the original game
    -Then burned game
    -Then back to original game
    -Then burned game

Also, you might consider learning your PSX sounds. Depending on when the laser sliding sound comes, you can swap perfectly. On the video it took a bit of time because I swapped too early on the white Sony screen. You can also use the chimes to time your actions.
    Don't loose hope, it's not really hard but it's all about timing.

Now, watch the video:
    Here
    To download, click the Free button at the bottom of the page, then wait the necessary time (around 60 seconds normally). Rapidshare has happy hours, were there is no waiting and it starts at 9pm GMT-5. I don't know when it ends though.

Good luck!
    polo~
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by Zorlon; 4th-June-2005 at 09:08.