Thread: Ikaruga 2nd level in Chankast 0.25a

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Ikaruga 2nd level in Chankast 0.25a

I'm having graphical problems with the part where there are some rotating coloums, and flames should be coming out of their sides. I can only see the starting point of the flames, not the whole thing, which sucks quite much, as I don't know what to dodge.
    I'm using Chankast 0.25 alpha with an ATI Radeon 9600, if that helps anything.

So, does anyone know how this can be fixed? I've seen that most people have experienced no graphic bugs so what could my problem be?

Thanks
    EP Points

I also experienced this problem I;m not sure how it could be fixed though, I'll try and keep an eye out for any help.

Thanks
    EP Points

Thanks! I did some searching and the most useful I could get was: "Wait for a new version of Chankast, OR memorize the flame patterns." Whoopee.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by pkt-zer0
    Thanks! I did some searching and the most useful I could get was: "Wait for a new version of Chankast, OR memorize the flame patterns." Whoopee.
    Yeah Thats not the best answer is it , Well if I do come across anything I'll let you know

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I wonder if the GameCube version can be played through then, I can't remember though if that was one of the games that worked with one of the GameCube emulators

I know I have played that game through emulation (dunno if it was the Dreamcast or the GameCube version) the only errors when I played it through were in the endings background sky

I have a G-Force FX 5600 though

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

I was playing through a Geforce MX 440 the last time I played this and the only problem I got was the one pkt-zer0 pointed out oddly

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

The best thing would be to actually buy a 2nd hand Dreamcast preferably one that you can play backups on without any mod chip or trick

P.S. all PAL European Dreamcasts can play selfbootable games without any mod chips or tricks,the NTSC versions it depends when it was made but I don't have that info to hand.

I'm not all that up to speed on GFX cards but I presume that yours works diff to mine anyway, I know my old G-Force 3 doesn't even touch my FX card, though it does also have 512 meg mem just for GFX
    Last edited by Zorlon; 21st-May-2005 at 19:08.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

I think the date was november 2000 for the NTSC versions