Thread: PSX Emulator (ePSXe) Video Memory Question

Thanks

Default PSX Emulator (ePSXe) Video Memory Question

Okay guys. here's my question...whats the minimum amount of video memory my graphics card must have to run a PSX emulator effectively?
    I have only a ProSavage card with 32MB and I have share memory of 32MB. What specs MUST I have to run the PSX emulator? It runs the BIOS file fine, but when I try some CDs (burned, Crash and CapcomVSMarvel) nothing happens...except for the CAPCOM logo showing up, but then nothing. Do i need to be more pacient, or will I be stuck waiting in front of the screen until doomsday?

Thanks

The required video memory depends on your video plug-in and its settings. If you use a soft plug-in like P.E.Op.S, then you only need less that 0.5 MB video memory to run it in 640x480 mode. So I don't think the video memory is the problem here.
    Have you seen me before?

Thanks

PSX emulators can run pretty well on older PCs if you have the right plugins. I got epsxe to run on my dads old 800mhz p3 that has a crappy built in 32mb graphics card and 128mb of RAM.
    My PSX List Currently 1055 games PSX Request List
    Yousendit upcoming uploads:

Thanks

Okay...so I have enough requirements. Then I guess my only other question is, in your experience, how long does it take an iso to load? given than my pc is a P4 2.8 Ghz, with 256MB ram?
    Also, thanks for being so pacient with rookies like me. You guys make this forum a good place to go to for help.

Thanks

Iso to load? Shouldn't take but a second. If you could see the Capcom logo, the ISO has already been started to run, but it froze there either because the ISO is corrupt or there is an emulation problem such as misconfigured plug-in or wrong emulator settings.
    Have you seen me before?