Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: First Emulator for PSP released

Thanks
    EP Points

First emulator for psp, not first psp emulator

Yeah nice thing. In a few days/weeks this emulator will be a fullyfledged one, with screen stretching, filters, sram support, and yes, sound.

crusher is offline ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A START
    Thanks
    EP Points

http://www.fraglab.at/files/tetrisportable01_eboot.rar

The person who made the Hello World! demo a couple of weeks ago made a tetris clone for PSP. Yet again, firmware 1.00 only.

Borman you got the emulator working? There is a new version by the way that should work even better.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by madcrow
    That's pretty cool. I guess this is yet another reason to choose the PSP over the DS.
    Uhm... Yeah... Clearly being able to play GBC games is a fundamental feature for PSP owners...

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I think the logic there is that he'd be more interested in a machine that can do more then play the games intended for it, then one that can't. I dunno.

Thanks

True, but... Well... The DS can play GBC games, yes? I might be wrong, I know it plays GBA games, so I somehow assumed (or read somewhere else) that it can play GBC and GB games as well. No emulator (and emulator-related issues) in the way!

Of course, the downside is that you actually gotta have the cart, which is a complete turn-off for freeloaders like us...

Unless... The flashcart can also play GBC games through an emulator... Sweet if that's possible... Although writing an emulator for an already-compatible system seems kind of redundant...

But you know how tech-heads are -- they'll even write an enhanced Windows emulator for Windows, just to make it more efficient and stuff...

Thanks
    EP Points

DS has no z80 cpu. GB/GBC support is a no-no.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by crusher
    DS has no z80 cpu. GB/GBC support is a no-no.
    It can support GBA flash carts though so an Emulator could be possible.

Edit: apparently not only possible, but such an emu is already in use...
    Last edited by GundamGuy; 11th-May-2005 at 23:03.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Ru
    True, but... Well... The DS can play GBC games, yes? I might be wrong, I know it plays GBA games, so I somehow assumed (or read somewhere else) that it can play GBC and GB games as well. No emulator (and emulator-related issues) in the way!
    You read wrong, you loser. It plays GBA games, yes. However, the DS lacks the spunk...as well as the capability, to play GB and GBC games.

Unless... The flashcart can also play GBC games through an emulator... Sweet if that's possible... Although writing an emulator for an already-compatible system seems kind of redundant...
    Well, using a GBA flash cart on the DS will give you the ability to play GB/GBC roms on the system, but...uh...yeah.

Of course the GB/GBC emulator is redundant when used on the GBA. But hey, if those redundant-minded bastards hadn't gone to the trouble of emulating GB/GBC games on the GBA, you'd not be able to play them on the DS right now! WOOOOOOH!

Thanks
    EP Points

Yep, i got everything working. Saw the new emulator and stuff, its nice, time to wait for sound though Next up an NES or SNES Emu i would hope.

Ive tried out all the little game things too, only 2 ive played are actually 'games'. I dont consider hello world or the button mashing one a game hehe.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberxion
    You read wrong, you loser. It plays GBA games, yes. However, the DS lacks the spunk...as well as the capability, to play GB and GBC games.

Well, using a GBA flash cart on the DS will give you the ability to play GB/GBC roms on the system, but...uh...yeah.

Of course the GB/GBC emulator is redundant when used on the GBA. But hey, if those redundant-minded bastards hadn't gone to the trouble of emulating GB/GBC games on the GBA, you'd not be able to play them on the DS right now! WOOOOOOH!
    See? I win! Madcrow, suck it!! XD

Thanks
    EP Points

There is no GBC emulator for GBA... Goomba is the closest but it only supports GB.
    Last edited by crusher; 12th-May-2005 at 10:35.

Thanks
    EP Points

There isn't one because emulating the GBC on the GBA is redundant, as Cyberxion said.
    However, the DS is more than capable of emulating the GBC as well as SNES. Infact, once Emu authors figure out how to get the DS to use both it's CPU's for a task, it's going to be pretty easy to emulate somewhat powerful consoles as well. Just that everything's kind of held up until and unless they come up with a decent way to hack and flash the DS, basically, DS flash carts and stuff..

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberxion

The GB colors games aren't using use the same voltage as gba games, so it's still a no-no.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by polobunny
    The GB colors games aren't using use the same voltage as gba games, so it's still a no-no.
    ... So how is a GBA able to play GBC games then?

Thanks
    EP Points

Ok, lemme rephrase it, the cart is different.

Edit: Like, a cart can be GBC or GBA, not the 2.