Page 44 of 192 FirstFirst ... 3439404142434445464748495494144 ... LastLast

Thread: The negative vibe thread.

Thanks

Less than a week of winter break left...
    "I start to think there really is no cure for depression, that happiness is an ongoing battle, and I wonder if it isn't one I'll have to fight for as long as I live. I wonder if it's worth it."

Thanks

According to the Sam Goody/Suncoast/Media Play Replay Rewards website, my account has US$15 worth of coupons that has yet to be sent to me. "Wait up to two weeks" for them to be sent to my house my ass. I've been waiting at least a month.

What's worse is that this week, three DVDs that I have been anticipating are coming out: Lupin the Third volume 9 with a bonus toy, Super Milk-chan volume 4, & Samurai Champloo volume 1 with a bonus artbox. I'd be able to afford all three in one purchase if I just had those damn coupons.
    The Champ is Here

Uncle Evil Guest

damn i hope they dont expire before you get them,
    they recently passed a new tax on smokes bringing cartons up 6 more bucks and a pack is about 6.50 now, the tax went into effect on the first of January.
    on a brighter note i just recieved a shit load of coupons from Marlboro that pretty much let me save the amount the tax is so for the next few months i wont have to pay for the damned tax

Thanks

The packers got blown out today/yesterday (since its so late) I dont live in greenbay but im still a packer fan, and this yr has been nothing but disappointing...not to mention ive been a philly fan for the last few years. (Since the whole McNabb controversy) I dont even have to go into detail why the Eagles are screwed now...

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by aurelianus
    1. Before threatening me, please show me where is any infringement of the forum rules in my posts. I thought here is a PUBLIC FORUM, where everyone is free to post his own opinion. Yes, I'm the exception, expressing my different opinion, instead of shutting up my mouth, like many others. I didn't discuss the right of the admins to make the rules, but the rule itself, his opportunity, can be discussed - even skinner8, who calls himself "devious tyrant", wrote that.
    2. Please go HERE to see my first posts on the forum. Those are, in my opinion, useful posts, contributing to the community. Even posting only one such post per week, I would contribute to the community more than posting hundreds of chit-chat posts on Free 4 All. But to post them, I must have access to the topics where are posted the problems, don't you think? Also on the same thread, reading the last posts, you'll see how are REALLY infringed the rules without any moderator intervention.
    3. The guests are annoying you? The admins can easily limit the forum access for registered members only, like on many other forums. Also 90+% of the members are visiting only sometimes the forum, for a few minutes. I don't think they would "eat" the bandwith. More likely the bandwith is consumed by those "living on the forum"...
    Who threatened you, guy? I simply suggested to you that you drop the issue, before you push us too far. If you took that as a threat, then so be it. It was more a warning then anything. Your constant complaining, coupled with the fact that you're making a huge deal out of a non-issue, is starting to wear thin. As such, you press the matter at your own risk.

For my responces, read below:

1. No shit? Where did you get that I said you weren't aloud to voice your opinion? If I were out to simply shut you up, I'd have banned you, or deleted your posts. As they, and you, continue to stand as-is, I think it's clear that I'm not out to censor you, and I don't appriciate the accusation.

Also, and I'm not saying that it's the case here, but when you sign up on a message board, you're afforded the freedoms that the forum leaders give you. If quelling your opinion were EP's way, you'd not have any leeway to say anything about it, quite frankly. Fortunately, that's not the way it works around here. You're free to voice your opinion. That said, there comes a point when enough is enough, and if the staff feels that point has been reached, then please respect them and drop it. Got it?

2. You're missing the point in a rather grand manner. You're trying to make the argument that posts in that particular section are just as worthwhile as posts made anywhere else, or even moreso, which is absolutely NOT the issue here. The post requirement rule was put in effect for a specific reason, and it's in place for the betterment of the board. Being that you seem to be the only one complaining about it, it seems to me as if it's working just the way we expected it to. Hmn.

3. I didn't say that guests annoy me. Thanks for putting words into my mouth. Again. No, I said that we'd been seeing alot more guests lingering on the board lately, then members. A fair amount more, in fact. And it's not just an isolated incident. On average, we had fifty to seventy more guests viewing the board per day, then we did members, and those guests had free reign of the board. That means that they had access to all the benefits of being a member, without actually having to sign up, and give something back to the community they are so freely taking from. That is not at all fair, and so it's why people are required to sign up now. It has nothing to do with bandwidth concerns in the least. I'm not even sure from where you pulled that idea.

Also, I don't know where you get your statistics, but as the higher guest to member ratio isn't an isolated incident, and the rule rather then the exception these days, I think it's safe to say that requiring them to sign up wasn't a hasty move at all. What comes of that is to be seen, and it's up to us to deal with, not you.

In closing, I appriciate that you're passionate about this. That said, you are either unwilling or unable to see the bigger picture here, and as such, I don't think there's any further need to discuss this with you. Your concerns are duly noted. Thanks.
    Last edited by Cyberxion; 10th-January-2005 at 08:49.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberxion
    I don't think there's any further need to discuss this with you. Your concerns are duly noted. Thanks.
    Right. All what had been to say, it was said. Thanks too.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by aurelianus
    Right. All what had been to say, it was said. Thanks too.
    Eh, anyway. I hope you can enjoy the board despite your disagreement with how we're running it.

Thanks
    EP Points

Found out last night that my G/F broke her foot. And that shes not allowed to go anywhere on the weekends b/c of it. That sucks

Thanks

I think the idea to force people to sign up and post is good. Because a a lot of people who were geusts will think "ok then I go somewhere else" but the people who want to contribute sign up.

But I think maybe for newcomers you should have something like bonus posts when they upload or really contribute something usefull to the community. So like if they upload something small 2 bonus posts and for something big 5 bonus posts. If you take this idea further then you can try to have different accounts like bronze, silver, gold. So when you upload 2 files you get bronze and get acces to trading posts, if you uploaded 4 files you get silver and get acces to trading posts and torrents, and if you upload 6 files you have full acces.... or something like that.

by the way this is only an idea don't fire at me

Thanks
    EP Points

Nice idea ya got. But if thats the case then all there gonna do is upload and upload till they get to the destination. And then they wont have to post here at all. Know what I mean?

Thanks
    EP Points

back to the old negativive vibe thing

cant work out what the hell this so called 'mega drive 2' is and its driving me nuts

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dino dude
    back to the old negativive vibe thing

cant work out what the hell this so called 'mega drive 2' is and its driving me nuts
    If I'm correct your talking about the second version of segas 16 bit. The first version reffered as "mega drive 1" is a little bit bigger and has a plug in for your headphones with volume control. I own one but it's broke

The mega drive 2 is a revised version without the headphones plug in. You can see it as a revised version of playstation and PSone or playstation 2 and PStwo only not so dramatic.

Megadrive 1

Megadrive 2

Thanks
    EP Points

dude check out these and tell me thats an ordinary genisis/megadrive 2

i work in an a game shohp and sell like 2 mega drive 2s a day

its a quarter of the wieght of a normal pal md 2

check it out 4 yo self

http://www.emuparadise.org/vbulletin...607#post555607

Thanks

Hmm interesting never seen one of those, let's see if a can dig up some information about it.....

It looks kind of cool. Maybe you can sell it on ebay

Thanks
    EP Points

In my unfufilled quest for a new GBA fix, I stumbled across Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow. I thought "eh...what the heck?"

Popped it on the EZF and away I went. Only to see the very avatar fodder Cyber and Theo use!

Ok, now how am I supposed to concentrate on this game, while I stare at the feminine maleness of ambiguous Castlevania Girliemen?

Guess I will play Barbie Secret Agent again...