Thread: Adventure Games Anyone?

Thanks

Default Adventure Games Anyone?

Has anyone here ever played an adventure game? You know, Monkey Island, Day of the Tentacle, Sam & Max, etc. If you have, say what it was and how you began to like the game. For example, my favorite adventure games are Sam & Max and DOTT because of their great humor and fun gameplay.

Thanks
    EP Points

Yes, I think pretty much everyone here has to. Lets see...the one I enjoyed the most was Sam & Max.

Thanks
    EP Points

I really like the Monkey Island series, because of the excellent humour it has... Ah, the good old days I spent with the first Monkey game...

Also, somehow I just love Quest for Glory 4 - Shadows of Darkness. Because of the Trannsylvania-like environment and the story with vampires, werewolves, ghosts and such.

Thanks

I'm starting to feel less like the only guy who plays these games. That made my day. My little brother plays the Monkey Island games rarely, (He played it once) so that doesn't count. He seemed to enjoy it tough. He will also look at the adventure games while I play them. And just to add to this post, a kid at my school played the PC version of Maniac Mansion, so this whole "feeling like the only person" thing was sorta useless.
    Last edited by 20by20; 8th-April-2005 at 23:53.

Thanks
    EP Points

Well, I finished most of the adventure games I had, except for Simon the Sorcerer. Got stuck in quite a few places. The whole Monkey Island series simply ruled! I don't know why they had to screw up the graphics in MI4, but everything else remained as funny as it should be.
    DotT was fun, too, and I'm sad they cancelled the sequel to Sam n' Max.
    The game I enjoyed the most was maybe Beneath a Steel Sky. Played it from 22:00-6:00. The game has quite a few frightening scenes, and the fact that it was dark and quiet outside made it even scarier.
    Oh yeah, and currently stuck in Indiana Jones: The Fate of Atlantis. But I'll figure it out eventually.

Thanks

The only one i've ever played is Day of the Tentacle. That was like years back....i probably liked it because was one of the few games I had + I was at an age when everything on a screen looked cool.

Currently listening to:
    Isis ~ Panopticon [9/10]
    The Walkmen ~ Bows & Arrows [8.5/10]
    The Shins ~ Oh, Inverted World
    Explosions In The Sky ~ How Strange, Innocence
    Caribou ~ The Milk of Human Kindness
    J�hann J�hannsson ~ Vir�ulegu Forsetar

crusher is offline ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A START
    Thanks
    EP Points

Day of the Tentacle for life!

Thanks

Snatcher, Grim Fandango and Space Quest IV are the overall top 3 games I've ever played.

Thanks

I completed all the classic LucasArts games (up to Monkey Island 3) more than once, except Maniac Mansion and Zak McKracken (and Full Throttle). I think, they are the best adventure games that you can get. I also finished some Sierra adventures, but not that many. I don't like that you can die in many of them. But I liked Torin's Passage, Gobliiins and Goblins 3.
    I also played through some other adventure games like the Kyrandia series and Simon the Sorcerer (1 to 3D), but somehow I did not play that many more.

I like riddling/puzzling/thinking in games and that is why I also like adventure games very much. But I think I already played more Action Adventures and Role Playing Games than the classic Point'n'Click Adventures.

Thanks

Well I have played through some of the Monkey Island games,
    Broken sword series, Little Big Adventure both parts
    (I still have LBA1. As for LBA2...I've lost my CD),
    Teenagent, and many more.
    I really like those titles and they bring back good
    memories that games was a lot better than they're now.
    It's sad but it's the truth that most of the games now aren't worth playing
    (I don't say all cause some of the games that were
    made recently are very good too)

Thanks

This thread motivated to move my ass, and finally download the two discworld games, which have been staring at my face for over a year, from the amazing site of underdogs (am i allowed to post the link here? it's kind of warez isn't it?)

Haven't played them yet...but all the reviews say i have something to look forward to, for the next few days

Currently listening to:
    Isis ~ Panopticon [9/10]

Thanks
    EP Points

That's right, the two Discworld games are fantastic, I finished both of them, and I liked the first better... All in all, not as great as the Monkey Island series, but still among the best adventure games.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Solitude
    This thread motivated to move my ass, and finally download the two discworld games [...]

Haven't played them yet...but all the reviews say i have something to look forward to, for the next few days
    You're wrong there. Discworld is an awesome series, but it has a third episode (not connected to the first two) called Discworld: Noir. It has a darker atmosphere, but the feeling's similar. I didn't play that one yet, but I assure you, it's only a matter of time...

EDIT: Oops, I forgot. Home of the Underdogs kicks @ss. Unfortunately Adandonware is still considered warez.
    Last edited by pkt-zer0; 9th-April-2005 at 15:49.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pkt-zer0
    You're wrong there. Discworld is an awesome series, but it has a third episode (not connected to the first two) called Discworld: Noir. It has a darker atmosphere, but the feeling's similar. I didn't play that one yet, but I assure you, it's only a matter of time...

EDIT: Oops, I forgot. Home of the Underdogs kicks @ss. Unfortunately Adandonware is still considered warez.
    I know about the third one....since i was/am downloading only two of them, i talked about them. The 3rd one is a 260 mb file, with my internet connection(good though it is by indian standards), so i'm not downloading it in a hurry

Currently listening to:
    Isis ~ Panopticon [9/10]

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Solitude
    I know about the third one....since i was/am downloading only two of them, i talked about them. The 3rd one is a 260 mb file, with my internet connection(good though it is by indian standards), so i'm not downloading it in a hurry
    I was just gonna ask you where you got THAT from. It doesn't matter that I saw it on Underdogs and was getting to DL it... Yeah, I'm quite forgetful. The only problem with Underdogs is that is slooooooooooow.... no matter your connection, it won't really go above 5 kB/sec.