Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: So.... is the pope dead yet?

Thanks
    EP Points

I hope he didn't suffer much.

Thanks

Well, it was about time. He's been out of it for years and now maybe we can get a Pope who's actually in charge of himself and not being pushed around by advisors with nasty names like Ratzinger (and I'm not making that name up either...)

Thanks
    EP Points

Well... I just got banned from some irc channel for suggesting that maybe a good deal of people don't care that the pope is dead. I call that religiously intollerant.

(\__/)_/)
    (O.o ).^)
    (> < ) <)

Now we know how viral bunny signatures really spread.

Thanks

At least I don't care what happens to people that mean nothing to me.
    Have you seen me before?

Thanks

What IRC channel would ban people for that? Surely not #EP...

Thanks

I just happened to see that one DC hub had a link to CNN news about this death thing.
    Have you seen me before?

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by madcrow
    What IRC channel would ban people for that? Surely not #EP...
    if you must know it was the channel of a hentai doujin translator group.

just.. what the fuck?

(\__/)_/)
    (O.o ).^)
    (> < ) <)

Now we know how viral bunny signatures really spread.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Norgus
    Well... I just got banned from some irc channel for suggesting that maybe a good deal of people don't care that the pope is dead. I call that religiously intollerant.
    Some would say the same of your suggestion. I suppose it's a matter of perspective.

EDIT: As an addendum, you should be mindful of the things you say, as well as when and where you say them. You may not care that the Pope died, but some do, so please keep that in mind when you get the urge to say such things.
    Last edited by Cyberxion; 2nd-April-2005 at 20:49.

toadlord Guest

I know when the Pope described homosexuals as part of the "Ideology of Evil" in his last book, he alienated a lot of friends of mine, to say nothing of his stance on abortion, women priests, etc.... To many people he actually represented a repressive force (remember Sinead Oconnor getting in trouble for ripping up his picture?) Not that we should gloat over the death of any fellow human... The next pope will be more of the same anyway.

Thanks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberxion
    Some would say the same of your suggestion. I suppose it's a matter of perspective.

EDIT: As an addendum, you should be mindful of the things you say, as well as when and where you say them. You may not care that the Pope died, but some do, so please keep that in mind when you get the urge to say such things.
    He didn't really say anything derogatory... some people just won't take any comment lightly, but what surprises me is that it wasn't even a tasteless comment/joke. He said that many people don't care, which is true, what's to be pissed off about that? If he had claimed that he was overjoyed by the pope's death then I could understand such a buttplugged reaction such as kicking someone from an IRC channel...

Anyway, how long do they normally take to elect some other guy? Has he been chosen before the pope died?

toadlord Guest

It's all been decided already by the secret cabal that runs the world, now they're just going to go through the motions for us dupes...

(Kind of like elections in the U.S....)
    Last edited by toadlord; 3rd-April-2005 at 01:19.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Soeru
    He didn't really say anything derogatory... some people just won't take any comment lightly, but what surprises me is that it wasn't even a tasteless comment/joke. He said that many people don't care, which is true, what's to be pissed off about that? If he had claimed that he was overjoyed by the pope's death then I could understand such a buttplugged reaction such as kicking someone from an IRC channel...

Anyway, how long do they normally take to elect some other guy? Has he been chosen before the pope died?
    I didn't say it was derogatory dude. :eyeball: Sometimes it's all in how you say something, as well as the timeliness in which you say it.

It's a given that some people don't care. However, those who do may take that declaration as if he's trying to suggest that they are somehow in the wrong feeling that way, or that they're somehow ignoring those who don't care. I know that may be a leap, but then again, that's likely how someone who's been heavily effected by this may see it. As I said, it's best to think about what you say in such a situation, rather then spouting off just because you can....

Thanks

I wasn't happy about this, but I dealt with it in what, 30 seconds? I wanted to watch the news inbetween Gilmore Girls and Curb Your Enthusiasm yesterday and all the news channels except BBC World had LIVE: Pope Coverage or some shit...

Thanks

its sad anyones death for the matter. But look at all you people who are very disrespectful for human life in general. Hes done a lot of good and was a positive figure in this world. Its just a shame that all you people act so immature.