Thread: GetRight Help needed

Thanks

Unhappy GetRight Help needed

Whenever I tried to download a PSX file with GetRight, it kept saying the server was busy, but when I tried to dl the file with default IE downloader it worked fine. Can anyone help?

Thanks

Because there was to many people on the server at the time when using get right, what file were you trying to get sir? Also you did get the file succesfully right?

Thanks

I was trying to get Final fantasy VI Disc 1 Part 1, but kept saying it was busy, so I turned off GetRight, and it worked instantly on default. It is currently downloading.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by dang0
    I was trying to get Final fantasy VI Disc 1 Part 1, but kept saying it was busy, so I turned off GetRight, and it worked instantly on default. It is currently downloading.
    Getright might use or have been trying to use multiple connections to the server.

Well the server is limited to one connection per IP... so... ya.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GundamGuy
    Getright might use or have been trying to use multiple connections to the server.

Well the server is limited to one connection per IP... so... ya.
    I bet that's what did it right there, good find Gundam Guy.

Thanks

I went into automatic downloads under downloads and put them to 1 and I dont have segmented downloading on but it still says its busy. Am I doing it wrong?

Thanks

if you can't get getright to work (which is what I normally use just so you know) maybe you should try another like DAP?

also see if it's specifically the file youre trying to download by attempting other file downloads in other sections that you know aren't down curently and see if it still won't let you through.
    So I make games now sort of. Check the out the one I have in the IGF this year, its totally free: www.mackvswindows.com

Also add me on things.
    twitter: solidusjoe
    Game networks on my profile.

Thanks

Personally I don't use any Download Accelerator, I put them on before I go to bed or before I go to school and by the time I'm home they're done, The standard Web Browser should be efficient. But If you want to use a DA, I have only tried DAP, (Download Accelerator Plus) It was decent but later on I found no need for it, The decision is yours.
    Choose Wisley my friend.

Thanks

when you run on a 56k like I do you have to be able to pause things in order to download anything over a couple hundred megabytes easily.

Also it could be the mirror crap that gtright has integrated into it. It sends the link of everything anyone downloads with it to their file mirror server so people can find mirrors easily or some bs like that.

However it makes their file mirror site fairly nice for finding things.... just have to hope they aren't viruses
    So I make games now sort of. Check the out the one I have in the IGF this year, its totally free: www.mackvswindows.com

Also add me on things.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Solidus Joe
    when you run on a 56k like I do you have to be able to pause things in order to download anything over a couple hundred megabytes easily.

Also it could be the mirror crap that gtright has integrated into it. It sends the link of everything anyone downloads with it to their file mirror server so people can find mirrors easily or some bs like that.

However it makes their file mirror site fairly nice for finding things.... just have to hope they aren't viruses
    He failed to mention he was on Dial-up, So I made a horrible accusation that he was running somthing like Cable or ADSL.

Thanks

He may not be on dial-up, but it is a very large possibility as anyone with fast access shouldn't need a DA really anyway .

Also add me on things.

Thanks

Yes I am on Dial up, and I tried both FlashGet and Download acclerator, with the same results.

Edit: I think that, for DAP at least, it might be the server this time. I'll check it when its working and post back.
    Last edited by dang0; 23rd-March-2005 at 21:38.

Thanks

DAP keeps saying that "Site refused to accept connection." What can I do to fix this?

Thanks

1. Try again later
    2. Check on settings that it attempts to take only one connection
    Have you seen me before?

Thanks

Its finally working, thanks everyone.