Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Myths/Discoveries and odd things in Video Games

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Myths/Discoveries and odd things in Video Games

I start this thread to see if any one knows and would like to share wierd things in Video Games that not many people might know about

I'll Start off with some

1. Tapping your Mortal Kombat cartridge with a 2P Piece to face Ermac

I mean its bad that people actually bought this.

2. Complete Street Fighter 2 on hardest difficulty without losing any energy to face Sheng long.

Sheng long was pure fiction

Thanks

Tomb Raider.

This thread has now been won, by me.
    ø„¸¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º° ¨¨°º¤ø„¸ EDWARD CULLEN IS THE KING OF VAMPYRES! HE IS BETTER THAN BILL COMPTON, LESTAT DE LIONCOURT, VLAD THE IMPALER, & DICK CHENEY ¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨¨°� �¤ø„¸

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Skinner8
    Tomb Raider.

This thread has now been won, by me.
    Yes it has, Spammy Git.

Thanks

Yeah. EGM did that thing about Sheng Long and also made up a character for Mortal Kombat called Ermac, I think. They did some other stuff, too.

I remember that there was a myth about there being a cow level in Diablo, and then in Diablo 2 they actually made one.

Thanks

Okay mine was told always by my cousins. When i first got my nes. They told me on the first level of SUPER MARIO BROS to grab the star and make sure its active. Run as fast as you can and try and jump over the poll to go into a bonus level. lol funny i still try it to this day. but this time i try an jump over the poll to see whats there. Even though i know its probably nothing. heh

Edit:

Also at the end of all video games when ive complete the entire game. I leave the system on when it says GAME OVER hoping something cool would happen if i was patient enough. lol usually nothing but the game over screen happens though . But i continued to do that when i was young.
    Last edited by Nightfall Z; 1st-February-2005 at 06:30.

Thanks
    EP Points

one thing I heard of which was apperently true was the Ghost of Misery mire in the legend of zelda: a link to the past

This was an invisible enemy in Misery Mire which doesn't seem to have any purpose, it can be killed, but just drops normal items.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I remember that EGM ran a haox in which you could play as Simon Belmont in one of the TMNT games for the NES.

crusher is offline ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A START
    Thanks
    EP Points

Everyone should remember the old "jump over the flagpole" myth of SMB. Oh and the -1 level in SMB was a nice discovery I tell you.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,309 Times in 1,165 Posts
    EP Points

Well it was possible to get over with a Game Genie, probably how the myth started. There was nothing back there but endlessly scrolling castle wall. It was possible without cheating in some places on the Japanese #2 though, that was hella cool
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Thanks
    EP Points

How about playing as Sonic and Tails in Super Smash Bros Melee?

Thanks

I thought Mario Kart 64 had an odd thing.

When you were driving a championship at 150cc and you had a boost you could make a jump at the big hill and cut off more then half the track.

(tried, but never worked for me)

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by TheotheImpaler
    one thing I heard of which was apperently true was the Ghost of Misery mire in the legend of zelda: a link to the past
    One of the street fighters is in LoZ:LttP.... i don't rember what you have to do exactly, but it's something about starting in the sanctuary and with the boot's running as fast as you can to links house, or something like that...

( i have not done this , but Nintendo Power ran an Screen shot of it about 6 years ago,... you know when i was not old enought to relize how crappy Nitendo Power is...)

Thanks
    EP Points

An odd thing I came across which I thought was very funny at the time, was in Mortal Kombat 4 a friend of mine was playing it and he did a fatality with Reiko on kai? (could have been another name, it was the black dragon member) anyway, the fatality has reiko throwing lots of shirkens at the other guy and when the last one hit his face in between the eyes the oppenent said "ooh me leg"

We were pissing ourselves laughing. I could never play that game after that.

Thanks
    EP Points

Stop-N-Swop for the Banjo-Kazooie / Tooie series on the N64.

Probably the biggest trick pulled on gamers in history. I eagerly entered the codes to get the island to rise, doors to open, areas to be accessed....and that dammed Ice Key

All a farse

http://www.rare-extreme.com/?section...op_n_swop.html

I was so disappointed when the actual uses for these eggs were so LAMELY introduced in Banjo-Tooie... Useless garbage the game could be beaten without...

Thanks
    EP Points

Something I could never figure out was in Dracula X rondo of Blood. in the 5th level (the ghost ship) there was a secret area which you could only access as maria. in this secret area the only thing there is a mirror, I never figured out what it was for.