Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PS1 for Pocket PC

Thanks

Default PS1 for Pocket PC

Anyone else using this emulator? http://fpsearm.psxfanatics.com/

These guys have compressed the iso's to about 50 megs.

Thanks

yes. i use this emulator. i was actually wondering if anyone else here used it since ppc doesnt seem like a popular platform here =P

depending on the game, some isos can be compressed to 5mb, like GTA, destruction derby, ridge race.... others wont fit on a 512mb card even when compressed.

Thanks

Im so excited I nearly shit myself...Im just waiting for my delivery of an SPV M2000 (which, incidently, IM getting free - the are some benefits for working in a phone shop), and then Im going to get all kinds of funky business such as this.

Also, for the purposes of gloating, heres the phone Im going to get;

And a review, from the same place;

http://www.modaco.com/index.php?showtopic=197862
    Touch my twat.

Thanks
    EP Points

The reason the ISOs are compressed so much is that they are rips. They don't have music or videos in them.

Thanks

thats true for the most part... many psx cds also contain large dummy files to fill up the cd. these can be manually ripped to make a much smaller compressed file.
    these compressed isos can also be dun on epsxe with mooby's cdr plugin.

Thanks

So far I have not been able to get games to run at full speed. I am running a 400 mhz phone. I will keep you guys posted as I keep trying different games/configerations.

Thanks
    EP Points

I�d be surprised if this runs full speed on current phones/ppcs. Maybe on the new 600mhz ones. I plan to get a cheap PPC sometime, maybe an Ipaq 2210 or Toshiba e400. They`re supposed to struggle even with GBA emulation, but should be enough for GBC, Nes, Atari St and the like.

Thanks

I have no problem with most of the emulators avail. for the ppc. I have read people having sucess with the ps1 games on a 480 mhz. My buddy has a new dell 600+, will try it out over the weekend and post back.

Thanks

I've tried this on a toshiba e335 without any luck. Nothing would run at all..

Thanks

the current release has issues with wm2003se. the next public release will address this problem.
    several games are capable of running near full speed on overclocked xscale machines.
    depends on the game of course

Thanks

Bumpf!

Yeah, I got my SPV M200 today, and after much playing about (I got it whilst at work, sufficed I done absolutely fuck all there all day) I have to say its awesome. But on topic, I got me a multi-emulater called Morphgear, or somesuch, and whilst it doesnt emulate PSX it does Genesis, GB, GBA, GG and SMS. So there.

Now all I need is a Pocket PC C64 emulator and my life will be complete.
    Touch my twat.

Thanks

clickgamer offers a commercial c64 emulator.

morphgears probably the best multi-console emulator out there. it recently went open source so expect more frequent updates for the snes module. unfortunately, newer versions of snes9x core are slower than the older versions. I dont know if speed is an issue on your smartphone since its only 400mhz right?

Thanks
    EP Points

check
    http://www.pdarcade.com/

they offer lists of the available emulators for ppc and palm devices.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by almighty bob
    clickgamer offers a commercial c64 emulator.

morphgears probably the best multi-console emulator out there. it recently went open source so expect more frequent updates for the snes module. unfortunately, newer versions of snes9x core are slower than the older versions. I dont know if speed is an issue on your smartphone since its only 400mhz right?
    Aye, with the sound activated the SNES emulation does suffer a bit. Which is why, when Im going to play FF6 on the move, I intend to pop the orchestral soundtrack on and play it MP3 style in the background. Yeah, I know its not the same, but beggars cant be choosers and all that.

But having had it for a day I can clearly say that its the best thing in the world ever, and will devour my soul.
    Touch my twat.

Thanks

I now have Day of The Tentacle on my SPV M2000, and she is beautiful. Its fairly safe to say that I am now in love with this phone/Pocket PC hybrid. Marvellous.

Double post? Pah. This deserves to be stickied under the new title of 'Pocket PC emulation'.
    Touch my twat.