Thread: PS2 Isos?

Thanks

Default PS2 Isos?

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I was wondering-What, if any, PS2 isos are currently working with the emulator?

Thanks

None are working. Just some choppy intros to some games. www.pcsx2.net

If you would really like to play some ps2 games, just buy a ps2 and swap magic. Its well worth it. I have a new slim model and it works awesomely. All you have to do is open the lid, put 3 custom made tools into place, put the swap magic cd in and start it. Easy. www.swapmagic3.com

Thanks

Hmmm...thx for the reply. I actually did a little more reading on other website after I posted that and realized nothing was working yet...my bad?

Thanks
    EP Points

It's ok. Everyone has to learn sometime. Right now the only way you will be able to play a PS2 game is to use an actual PS2. You could also get a modchip, then you don't have to swap disks each time. Soldering a PS2 modchip takes a lot of skill though.

Thanks

Skill I don't have. Swap Magic, I have been thoroughly pleased with. Theres only one downfall. Since the PS2 is reading a burnt disc, it has to work extra hard. This stresses out the laser. Since I am using a slim ps2 with a 1 year warranty, it doesnt bother me. But its still sickening to look at the disc spinning and the laser zooming up and down the disc.

Thanks

its not that nothing is working with the ps2 emus. its just that nothing is playable. there is a difference. many games load the menus showing that it can interpret the ps2 data. some also play movies and get into gameplay just fine. just very slow.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Winged 2.0
    Skill I don't have. Swap Magic, I have been thoroughly pleased with. Theres only one downfall. Since the PS2 is reading a burnt disc, it has to work extra hard. This stresses out the laser. Since I am using a slim ps2 with a 1 year warranty, it doesnt bother me. But its still sickening to look at the disc spinning and the laser zooming up and down the disc.
    I'm not so sure that's an issue with the latest, pre-slimline PS2 model. It's says right on the box that it has support for DVD+(-)R's. While that is indeed intended for video's that you've burned to DVD, one could make the conclusion that since the laser is equipped to handle burnt disks, it won't crap out as quickly as it would in the older models. So far, mine has held up just fine. I guess I'll see if it's still working well a year or so down the road.