Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Romhustler is leaching

Thanks

Default Romhustler is leaching

All of you know the "amazing" RomHustler site don't you? Well I just checked my server stats and he is directly linking to my files. That's amazingly cheep because he never even asked. Anything we can do about this? Because this is quite a large emulation community so we must have some power...

<a href="http://www.dohgames.com">Doh Games</a>- All the games, without the confusion.<br>
    <ul><li>Tons of Roms</li>
    <li>NO BS, NO advertisements, NO forced votes!</li>

Thanks

Have you asked/told him to stop it? That sounds like the first thing to try to me...
    ø„¸¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º° ¨¨°º¤ø„¸ EDWARD CULLEN IS THE KING OF VAMPYRES! HE IS BETTER THAN BILL COMPTON, LESTAT DE LIONCOURT, VLAD THE IMPALER, & DICK CHENEY ¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨¨°� �¤ø„¸

Thanks

Asking on his forums now. This should be interesting.

<a href="http://www.dohgames.com">Doh Games</a>- All the games, without the confusion.<br>

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I anticipate two possibilities here. Either you'll incite a flame war between yourself and the boards members, in which they call you a liar and whatnot, or the web-master will claim ignorance and refuse to remove the links to your roms. Or both, even. These things never go over smoothly, so I doubt he'll stop linking to your roms without a fight. Hopefully that doesn't happen, but I wouldn't be surprised if it does. Just stick to your guns and hope he eventually caves. It's really all you can do as far as I know, given that there's really no legal actions you can take, since you host illegal shite on your site.

EDIT: Just read some of the posts in that thread. Hmn. Kid Buu (the webmaster) seems like something of an ass, so good luck man. It seems as though you'll need it.
    Last edited by Cyberxion; 27th-December-2004 at 19:11.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I think that is real stupid and lazy. People put hard work and time into providing a clean emulation experience for the people and lazy webmasters come along and leech. Doh I think there is a program called anti leech but I do not know if it prevents exterior linking. Check it out though.

http://www.anti-leech.com/
    Over 400+ Gaming Vids @ Doctorwordsworth's
    Need an Avatar? Stop by Planet of Avatars!
    For Video game documentation of any kind head on over to Game Docs 'R' Us!

Thanks

http://romhustler.net/forum/viewtopi...f25cf8742#1413

And Artic I've tried that before however it's a huge amount of work to get that working. Thankyou though.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

What did I tell you? Kid Buu claimed he didn't leech your links, and that Killasnake idiot tried to suggest that you only signed up to advertise your site. I knew it wouldn't go smoothly.

You might wanna look into that anti-leech shit. Even if it's unruly, it's probably the only way you're going to insure that your links don't continue getting leeched....

Thanks

Yea and maybe. I'll get this thing worked out. I wanna see how he responds to the stat picture.

Uncle Evil Guest

damn thats total BS ive visited your site many times. its a nice site doesnt deserve to have your bandwidth sucked dry from filthy leachers. you have my support %100 against this

Thanks

OMG that's just so not fair!
    Nicely done by making that thread on that forum doh004, make them suffer!
    We will totally support on you this thing

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

well the anti leech thing you will have to block each link(game) seperately so it is a pain in the ass but if that is what you have to do then that is what you have to do.
    Over 400+ Gaming Vids @ Doctorwordsworth's
    Need an Avatar? Stop by Planet of Avatars!
    For Video game documentation of any kind head on over to Game Docs 'R' Us!

Uncle Evil Guest

bah "kid boo" just replied, trying to make excuses but atleast hes admitting in now

Thanks

I wanna see what exactly those details are...

Thanks

Well you made me double check my stats and luckily i have been missed out for now but I do recall suspicion to other sites myself. Always double check the links that refer to me to make sure I'm not leeched. Not sure if using PHPNuke makes it safer tho.

Lucullus Salutes You!!

Thanks
    EP Points

Yeah, I do think phpnuke kinda makes it safer. Making direct links to files from a website using phpnuke is just pain in the ass, i'm sure they won't make such a thing at hand and all.
    You might want to consider it, even though it means a bit of work.

And hell, who the f*** are they to direct link files? People just suck plain ass, I though good sites did knew about the netiquette, at least, a part of it...

The last guy that made a comment about referrer stuff, looks uberly stupid. I love how you replied to him.
    Obviously, they all come from here, because they thought:
    "Shizzle, can't find my N64 rom. I should go on dohgames right away!"
    And they all came from romhustler n64 page.

I just hope he ends this stuff clean, rather than start some flaming thing, sending hate mails and shooting a bunch of insults. So no need to work on your site...
    Was he a bit fast in answering:
    "What the hell are you talking about, I'm leeching no files of you.
    edit: Btw. I send you an email, if you don't believe me you may look into all my links."
    ?
    A star for you Buu.