Page 60 of 160 FirstFirst ... 1050555657585960616263646570110 ... LastLast

Thread: Which anime are you currently watching?

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Hypnos View Post
    Watch Texhnolyze, Ergo Proxy, Ghost Hound (new series, might want to wait for the fansubbers to finish so you can watch it in one burst), Perfect Blue and Millenium Actress.
    Ergo proxy was kind of what stopped me watching anime for a while I got to episode 10 and stopped watching, does it get better? and if so why?

I might try Millenium actress.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeno_Dan
    ^What he/she said. Also, instead of listing loads of shows on my own I'll suggest you try checking out AP's recommendation feature, just type in your fav. anime and it will list similar series. In any way, be sure to check out Monster, that one is great.
    AP looks like a good site, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeno_Dan
    Finished watching Death Note, finally, great anime though the last third of the show kinda sucked for me.
    Brilliant anime the last part did really lose it with the addition of too many characters.
    Thank you for your help.
    Last edited by Tassadar; 17th-November-2007 at 00:59.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Monty Python View Post
    Ergo proxy was kind of what stopped me watching anime for a while I got to episode 10 and stopped watching, does it get better? and if so why?
    I wouldn't say it gets better, but then I liked the series from the beginning. If you didn't like it by that point, it's probably not worth watching the rest.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I knew that there was an anime or two that came on weekends that I was forgetting the name of, and now I know. I'm watching Death Note and Full Metal Alchemist (unfortunately they only come on Saturday night, and I seem to have caught Death Note in the middle... I still liked the episodes I saw though).

Thanks

Currently watching the still running, still awesome Higurashi. In addition to Higurashi I'm watching Clannad and Moyashimon.

Was originally intending to watch Gundam 00, but decided it's not worth it after 3 episodes.
    Last edited by Megalith; 20th-November-2007 at 19:54.

Thanks
    EP Points

Been watching Desert Punk, man that's one crazy anime. The english dub has been done awesome.

"Remember kids, a real man knows when to RUN LIKE A LITTLE BITCH!!"

XD Man its a must see
    I am so ninja, I fart in your cereal while you are still eating it.

Hax'd:
    PS3 Slim OFW
    PS4 OFW
    Nintendo Wii U 32GB Black Premium

Thanks

Just started Tsubasa Chronicle, seems promising.

Uhh...I think I downloaded the wrong anime. I heard about School-something and I downloaded School Days, it started fun and stuff but then became a bit weird and...I saw the final episode.

It was disturbing, a lot. But couldn't stop watching it. Crap. >__>

Now I found out it was Rumble the one I was looking for. Damnit.
    Last edited by Fer!; 21st-November-2007 at 01:31.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Fer! View Post
    Just started Tsubasa Chronicle, seems promising.

Uhh...I think I downloaded the wrong anime. I heard about School-something and I downloaded School Days, it started fun and stuff but then became a bit weird and...I saw the final episode.

It was disturbing, a lot. But couldn't stop watching it. Crap. >__>

Now I found out it was Rumble the one I was looking for. Damnit.
    I can imagine your face, innocently expecting some love-comedy anime, and getting... well, you know. I think they were pretty much on drugs when they made School Days.

School Rumble is awesome, though, you should definitely watch it sometime.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
    I can imagine your face, innocently expecting some love-comedy anime, and getting... well, you know. I think they were pretty much on drugs when they made School Days.

School Rumble is awesome, though, you should definitely watch it sometime.
    You described it perfectly, I mean, episode 1 ended like: Whoah! This is gonna be interesting! Then...ugh...

I'm downloading it right now, now I'm sure it's Rumble. >__> Anything that can erase that from my mind is welcome, I had to watch several Lucky Star episodes to rinse my mind from that. >__> Couldn't sleep last night after watching the last episode, seriously, it hit me pretty badly. At least I gotta give some credits to the creators, they really knew how to do it. I can't remember when was the last time that something (call it a book, tv series, anime, whatever) got so deep into me.
    Last edited by Fer!; 21st-November-2007 at 14:50.

Thanks
    EP Points

Yeah, SD is typically that kind of show that really has an impact on you. I kind of hated it, but I didn't stop watching it for some strange reason. And as you've said, they really knew how to pull it off, which is rare. I guess this was their intention with the whole series from the very beginning.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

School Days is...infamous. I haven't seen it yet, but I was around a couple places where the more interesting endings to that game and Shuffle! were talked about. Oh, and Higurashi.

I finished Soukou no Strain, which I started after a mention that it loosely based off a book which I read as a child and rather liked. It wasn't that bad, actually; starts out with the four students of a military academy about to go to their final exam (a practical, basically), introduces them, sets them up as likable characters and a designated couple...then it kills everyone except the main character, all in the first episode. Tomino would be proud.
    Episode 7, though...

About to start Sola. It was also recommended to me as something I might like, but I don't know much. Should be interesting.

Thanks

Yeah well, I ended up reading the Wiki of that series and the game had several endings, I dunno, I was kind of okay with the cruelty of the situations (cheating, rape, etc) but not the real violent stuff, if they had ended it in the "everyone ends up alone" it would have been better IMO.

So anyways, started downloading Trigun as well, if I'm going to get back to the anime scene properly then I should watch the mainstream stuff first.

Thanks
    EP Points

Ergo Proxy, Chobits and something I've forgotten (has some boy with a talking moped... it's pretty awesome though. Harmless show but makes you think).

Thanks

i'm now watching d.grayman and gate keepers.

and I think they are both good...

the first is about exorcists that have to save the world from evil... classic :p

and gate keepers is about the same plot, but there are evil invaders in that one, and schoolchildren with special powers that make them acces gates to beat those evil ba****ds =D

i like them both hehe

Thanks

im watching blood+, bleach, Death Note, and gundam-00

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Finished Sola. Interesting in the beginning, and they hinted at this and that early on in the series. Such an ending is rather bittersweet, too, but the post-ending epilogue during the last episode did reduce the bite a bit.

Takeshi: *Serious look*
    Mayuko: Wh-what?
    Takeshi: I've always wanted to say this, but...
    *Cue piano/strings romantic music*
    Takeshi: ...your sense of fashion gets worse by the year.
    *Music staggers and dies, along with the scene's dignity*

I'm not sure what I'll watch next. Somedays Dreamers just came through, though. I might as well watch that, so that I can at least have seen the anime my desktop came from.
    Last edited by Mistral; 3rd-December-2007 at 01:09.