Page 58 of 160 FirstFirst ... 848535455565758596061626368108158 ... LastLast

Thread: Which anime are you currently watching?

Thanks

I just finished season one of Tokyo Mew Mew

Thanks

I just started downloading the first episode of Tokyo Majin Second Act. I just found the subbed episode. I liked the first season a lot, so I hope the quality is the same, or even better.

<3 Misato Aoi

crusher is offline ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A START
    Thanks
    EP Points

Last night they had this "Anime night" special on SVT. I only watched Spirited Away. I couldn't stay awake to watch the rest of the movies. But hot damn, I fell in love with Spirited Away. Amazing stuff!

Thanks
    EP Points

Watched the two Jojo's Bizarre Adventure OVAs. Totally badass.

Thanks

I just saw the first episode of Tokyo Majin 2, holy crap, this is gonna be interesting. :O!

Aoi is still cute. :3

Thanks
    EP Points

I'm watching Ergo proxy, it's very interesting although in some ways similar to GITS: SAC.

Thanks
    EP Points

強気に本気 無敵にすてき 元気に勇気!

Um...I just finished Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne. I'm torn. On one hand it's a little bit predictable and somewhat repetitive, with a premise that, while nicely executed, goes well beyond silly. It also has so many filler episodes that it's not even funny. To be fair, most of them were actually very nice self-contained stories, but it's just...so frustrating to sometimes see almost nothing done with either the story or the characters for as many as three or four episodes running. Filler is perfectly nice if it works towards fleshing out the characters, but some of the episodes felt a little bit gratuitous and unnecessary.

On the other hand, though, there were some truly lovely moments throughout the series, and the conclusion was really compelling and satisfying. What's more, the series as a whole had a kind of 'more'-ish feeling about it, even during the filler episodes. It could be because it has the most wonderful characters. Just like Full Moon wo Sagashite, by the same author, I found myself rooting for almost every member of the cast by the end, even those who annoyed me initially. I thought that Chiaki, especially, was a fantastic character. It's odd, as shoujo romance-y anime isn't often the best place to go for well-developed male characters. Still, I thought that both Chiaki and FMWS's Takuto were wonderful. I suppose it's comforting, when watching a such girly shows, to be able to take solace in the fact that at least you still identify most with the male lead. ^_~

Okay, I lie. I'm not really torn at all. I actually really liked it. I think maybe I'm just having a hard time justifying my enjoyment of a show with regular transformation sequences involving roses, pink ribbons, and angels who bear forth frilly garments for the heroine. ^_~

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Melody View Post
    I think maybe I'm just having a hard time justifying my enjoyment of a show with regular transformation sequences involving roses, pink ribbons, and angels who bear forth frilly garments for the heroine. ^_~
    Just remember: The only ones who feel threatened by that kind of show are those who are insecure to begin with. Nothing wrong with liking sappy tv.

Currently rewatching Saikano and Maria-Sama ga Miteru while I'm waiting for Triad to get off their arses and release some more Bokurano episodes.

Thanks

i finished watching d.n.angel last night. pretty good despite a slow start. just didnt like how it ended. im in the middle of watching death note and honestly i havent been this into an anime in a really long time.

Thanks
    EP Points

Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei but the subbing goes way to slow same goes for Gintama. STOP SUBBING BLEACH!!
    I am so ninja, I fart in your cereal while you are still eating it.

Hax'd:
    PS3 Slim OFW
    PS4 OFW
    Nintendo Wii U 32GB Black Premium

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Outlaw Star. I forgot how crazy Starwind seems to be....

edit: Finished I forgot just how good that anime is (one of the best series I've seen).

edit2: Watched 4 episodes of Black Lagoon (the site I've been watching anime on lately didn't have any more), and now watching Witch Hunter Robin.

edit3: Finished Witch Hunter Robin.
    Last edited by Tanthias; 4th-October-2007 at 12:13.

Thanks
    EP Points

A few series I was following have recently ended.

For example, School Days. What an insane ending, I was expecting nothing less from a crazy series like this.

Also Claymore, which kinda went downhill after episode 20. And they successfully messed up the ending, too. Very cliché, very boring. Too bad.

Devil May Cry, too. Nothing special really, Dante beats bad guy, credits roll, that's it. The series wasn't bad, but certainly not a must watch.

I'm currently watching Higurashi Kai, Romeo x Juliet and sometimes a bit of Nagasarete Airantou as well. Oh, and Seto no hanayome, too. I only need to watch the last episode, though.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I decided to watch Rurouni Kenshin, and I'm only about 10 episodes in.

Thanks

Watching Red Garden

Thus far it looks to be a pretty good deconstruction of typical urban fantasy shows.

Thanks

Finished quite a lot of the shows I had been following in summer season. I don't think we'll be getting a season as strong as this past one any soon which is unfortunate.. Claymore was plenty good, but degenerated into a weak shounen anime towards the end, which is a shame considering how strong the source material is.

Gurren Lagann was undoubtedly the cream of the season. This is the closest Gainax has ever gotten to recreating the legacy of Evangelion, and it was a huge success. GL was consistent, fresh and interesting all throughout and I hope we'll be getting more quality like this in the future.

I still need to finish Darker Than Black and a bunch of other things I've started watching, and I guess I'll be having plenty of time for that considering how weak the new season is (for me at least.) Currently all that interests me is Gundam 00 (which might be good, perhaps entertaining at worse) and Dragonaut which I hope will be Gonzo's answer to Gainax this season.
    Last edited by Megalith; 11th-October-2007 at 20:14.