Page 1 of 11 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: What About Bill?

Thanks

Default What About Bill?

This thread is about how Clinton battled terrorism....Enjoy

http://www.nypost.com/postopinion/op...ists/33098.htm
    "Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy." -Frank Sinatra

Thanks

It seems as no one wants to read the truth.
    "Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy." -Frank Sinatra

Thanks

Kerry's attack misses the fundamental point: If Osama bin Laden, who once sent hijacked airplanes into buildings, has been reduced to mailing tapes to TV stations instead, it means that his capacity for terrorism is being effectively neutralized as he hops from cave to cave in Pakistan.
    Or maybe, just maybe he's planning the big one. And it also shows how convenietly he has been "hopping" from cave to cave w/o being caught, and very very ironic is the fact that this writer acknowledges the fact that OBL is hiding in Pakistan, when Bush and his cronies took ages to realize that Pakistan is really on Osama's side.

Our first shot at bin Laden came in Feb. 13, 1998, when President Bill Clinton's aides scuttled a CIA plot that had been eight months in the planning to kidnap Osama, using local Afghan tribesmen and to ferry him to the United States to stand trial. Why did they torpedo the mission? Because they worried that bin Laden might be killed!

To quote the 9/11 Commission report: They worried that "the purpose . . . of the operation would be subject to unavoidable misinterpretation and misrepresentation � and probably recriminations � in the event that bin Laden, despite our best intentions and efforts, did not survive." The kidnapping was blocked because the Clinton people worried that it might be perceived as "an assassination."
    Umm...what's wrong with that. I thought he was being ferried off to the US for a "trial". Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't that make him innocent until proven guilty. He wasn't on the "most wanted list" until 2000, when he had attacked an American frigate in Yemen. So umm...by the international and American law he couldn't have been "assassinated" unless he attacked them while being transported to the States. So I think Clinton or whoever it was who thought of this was a smart one. I doubt if it was Clinton though...

The second chance came when we actually did launch cruise missiles to kill bin Laden on Aug. 20, 1998. (Apparently, if he died in an air strike that would not be an assassination). Clinton ordered the hit, but instructed that the Pakistani Army Chief of Staff be briefed right before the missiles overflew his air space so he would not think them to be Indian and order retaliation. Word leaked from Pakistan to bin Laden, who escaped right before the missiles hit.
    I think that's perfectly justified. And if Osama was smart enough to intercept msgs b/w the US and another country...well then what can I say, no wonder he's still not found. And just one more thing...what's wrong in briefing a country that "hey! we might be bombing around 12ish today, keep you knickers on...it's just to get Osama!" And also, if you lived in either India or Pakistan, you would know how disastrous it can be to have a stray missile flying into your boundary...

Because we had just bombed the Chinese embassy in Belgrade by mistake and they were worried about being accused of being trigger happy.
    Atleast some American politician who cares about what global public opinion would have to say...and what does he get for it..."Clinton was "wagging the dog.""

Under Bush, bin Laden has been reduced to sending in impotent tapes and wild threats.
    Ahem! "We will get him dead or alive!"...."We will get him whether or not I get reelected...I promise"
    Osama Bin Laden...I still don't see him...ah! there he is, feeding a naked Bush grapes from his mouth...so that's where Bush was!

Nice article btw
    Last edited by Dingy; 17th-November-2004 at 16:45.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dingy
    Or maybe, just maybe he's planning the big one. And it also shows how convenietly he has been "hopping" from cave to cave w/o being caught, and very very ironic is the fact that this writer acknowledges the fact that OBL is hiding in Pakistan, when Bush and his cronies took ages to realize that Pakistan is really on Osama's side.

Umm...what's wrong with that. I thought he was being ferried off to the US for a "trial". Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't that make him innocent until proven guilty. He wasn't on the "most wanted list" until 2000, when he had attacked an American frigate in Yemen. So umm...by the international and American law he couldn't have been "assassinated" unless he attacked them while being transported to the States. So I think Clinton or whoever it was who thought of this was a smart one. I doubt if it was Clinton though...

I think that's perfectly justified. And if Osama was smart enough to intercept msgs b/w the US and another country...well then what can I say, no wonder he's still not found. And just one more thing...what's wrong in briefing a country that "hey! we might be bombing around 12ish today, keep you knickers on...it's just to get Osama!" And also, if you lived in either India or Pakistan, you would know how disastrous it can be to have a stray missile flying into your boundary...

Atleast some American politician who cares about what global public opinion would have to say...and what does he get for it..."Clinton was "wagging the dog.""

Ahem! "We will get him dead or alive!"...."We will get him whether or not I get reelected...I promise"
    Osama Bin Laden...I still don't see him...ah! there he is, feeding a naked Bush grapes from his mouth...so that's where Bush was!

Nice article btw
    I absolutely love you. Now please do not post another thread where Kerry is a nominal point.

Thanks

You have the world in mind and not the safety of the US. THats the difference but people in the US won't be able to believe how many chances he gave up. He cares about public opinion at the expense of our nation's security.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gfx.
    Now please do not post another thread where Kerry is a nominal point.
    Umm...when have I ever done that

Seriously.

Thanks

You see Bush as a whacko but you aren't used to a president who takes intiative because Clinton was in office. Bush understands that unstable governments will incubate terrorists.

Thanks

Umm...when have I ever done that

Seriously.
    I wasn't aiming that at you. I was saying that there is no point for anyone to do it anymore. I rather enjoy your intelligent bashing of American politics. Again, I was not directing that sentence at you. I'm merely tired of seeing these threads. Kerry is, or should be, dead to us.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kosmo Yagkoto
    You have the world in mind and not the safety of the US. THats the difference but people in the US won't be able to believe how many chances he gave up. He cares about public opinion at the expense of our nation's security.
    ROFLMFAO! The US needs safety?? Only from Bush as far as I can see it, yes you might want to jump in at this point and call me myopic, but serisouly...you don't have to tell me the crap about "PO at the expense of...." I already know Bush doesn't give a shit about the world unless the world=UNITED STATES OF AMERICA!
    Also, do you realize that Bush has created this whol atmosphere of "insecurity" to justify the repressive state apparatus of the govt. He gives you a false sense of security b/c its based on a mythical sense of insecurity (of anyone with a beard or turban or non-white skin coming to blow up America...and yes ofcourse by some magical way linking that to Iraq) and then makes you believe you are so incredibly safe and that terrorism has been fought, though ofcourse forgetting to mention that we've taken your rights to assemble in large groups etc. but not your right to carry a "minimum of 3 matchboxes and 1 butane lighter" on any national flight. Talk about cooption of dissent!

Bush understands that unstable governments will incubate terrorists.
    Any country which goes to war is not stable...America is still at war, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by gfx.
    I rather enjoy your intelligent bashing of American politics.
    Bush...I indugle in Bush-bashing! Yeah a little bit of politics too nice sig btw

Thanks

ROFLMFAO! The US needs safety?? Only from Bush as far as I can see it, yes you might want to jump in at this point and call me myopic, but serisouly...you don't have to tell me the crap about "PO at the expense of...." I already know Bush doesn't give a shit about the world unless the world=UNITED STATES OF AMERICA!
    Also, do you realize that Bush has created this whol atmosphere of "insecurity" to justify the repressive state apparatus of the govt. He gives you a false sense of security b/c its based on a mythical sense of insecurity (of anyone with a beard or turban or non-white skin coming to blow up America...and yes ofcourse by some magical way linking that to Iraq) and then makes you believe you are so incredibly safe and that terrorism has been fought, though ofcourse forgetting to mention that we've taken your rights to assemble in large groups etc. but not your right to carry a "minimum of 3 matchboxes and 1 butane lighter" on any national flight. Talk about cooption of dissent!

Any country which goes to war is not stable...America is still at war, eh?

Bush...I indugle in Bush-bashing! Yeah a little bit of politics too nice sig btw
    First thing you wrote was wrong...you don't even live in the states so you don't even know what's going on here as i don't know what is going on in India.

Second thing you wrote was just dumb. So america was unstable during WWII. NO way we were the strongest nation in the world at the time. The people in the US at the time never were in danger of lossing their country.

Thanks

Bush makes it easy. And thanks. NFL Guild.

Thanks

First thing you wrote was wrong...you don't even live in the states so you don't even know what's going on here as i don't know what is going on in India.

Second thing you wrote was just dumb. So america was unstable during WWII. NO way we were the strongest nation in the world at the time. The people in the US at the time never were in danger of lossing their country.
    I don't have to live in America to know Bush. And you have to live outside America, to know what's going on in the rest of the world.:p
    No, I meant to say that America is at war atm, any country at war is unstable, whether it is waging it or not, and thus it makes it a viable site for the incubation of terrorists.

Thanks

well not in the US. Perfectly stable.

Thanks

What can I say I gave you my logic, you don't agree with it, fine...not much I can do about it. But do keep in mind, an unstable country doesn't necessarily have to incubate terrorists in its own country, it can venture outside its borders, Osama is a product of the US ignorance to anything non-American.

Thanks

Osama studied in the US and he wasn't american but yes i agree that bill clinton let him get out of hand.