Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: I'm getting Halo 2 tonight

Thanks

Default I'm getting Halo 2 tonight

Yep that's right, I'm going tonight at 12PM. I'm so excited, It seems like I've been waiting forever, but it's only been 3 years. Anyways, after I get it I'm gonna write up a review EP style, yo. This is gonna be awesome!

Thanks

good for you
    meh

Thanks

Sounds sarcastic....

Anyways this is a big deal for me, I don't know why I just want this damn game so bad.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Well, it could be the hype. When there's such hype around something, it's hard not to get sucked in a bit. And if you have to ask yourself why you want the game so bad, then that's probably what's happened.

Thanks

Fableeeeeee, I wanted Fable so bad then I found out I didn't like it that much.

But I'd never sit outside a store at 12 lol.

I need, I want, I care, I weep, I ache, I am. I said, I am.

Thanks

Haha, well they're giving away free games all night, so this should be good. Oh and Halo 2 got a 9.4 from gamespot and 9.9 from Team Xbox

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Daedric
    Haha, well they're giving away free games all night, so this should be good. Oh and Halo 2 got a 9.4 from gamespot and 9.9 from Team Xbox
    It got all tens from EGM, and will likely get high scores from every online and print publication under the sun. And so what?

I don't put much stock in reviews myself. I've played many games that have been panned by reviewers, and enjoyed them. I've also played many games that were lauded as great works of digital art, and hated them. You just gotta go with what you like in the end.

Thanks

Trust me, I know I'm going to like this game. I have never bought a game in the past that I didn't like and I loved the first Halo, so for me, there is really no question there.

Thanks

Cyberxion has a very valid point though. I've played games reviewers loved and I've absolutely loathed them. I've played games that reviewers have completely thrashed about and I've loved them. I think the best critic is yourself and you can't really say you're gonna love the game until you've actually played it.. Plus, with Halo 2, you're gonna have Halo 1 to compare it by and it's gonna kinda be like, "Well, you know, it wasn't/was as good as Halo 1."

I need, I want, I care, I weep, I ache, I am. I said, I am.

Thanks

From what I've seen and heard, Halo 2 is going to kick new kinds of ass... but I have to wait a week to get it... oh, the agony!
    "I start to think there really is no cure for depression, that happiness is an ongoing battle, and I wonder if it isn't one I'll have to fight for as long as I live. I wonder if it's worth it."

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Daedric
    Trust me, I know I'm going to like this game. I have never bought a game in the past that I didn't like and I loved the first Halo, so for me, there is really no question there.
    Hypothetically speaking, I could play Halo 2 and think it blows chunks. Would I be wrong, given that it's been getting sterling reviews from so many publications? Not at all. As a gamer, I like what I like.

And that was my point. You like what you like, and all the hype and scores shouldn't amount to squat. Halo 2 isn't going to be worth playing just because some gamer who gets payed to give you his opinion said it was worth a 9.4 outta 10. It's going to be worth playing if you enjoy it.

Hope that cleared things up.

Thanks

halo2 is one of those untouchable titles, by reviewer and mainstream gamers ("untouchable" is by some guy, and "mainstream" is by konami man). but waiting at midnight is half the fun, i plan to to camp out a week before the ps3 comes out so i can be the first to get it. anyway, i played halo2 two weeks ago and got over it already. go an enjoy one of the most memorable moment of your life, how many people can say that they waited at midnight for a game? well, after tonight, everyone who owns an xbox, lol.

good luck

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Hmn. I'm not sure I grasp the tone of your post. Not entirely at least.

Heh, I was considering going to the midnight release, just to be there. Even though I have no inention of buying the game, it's going to be a big event, and I think it'd be cool to be part of it.

Thanks

my tone is that i hate halo, but its good that people are apart of a gaming event this big.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by DomonX
    my tone is that i hate halo, but its good that people are apart of a gaming event this big.
    That's what I thought. Wasn't sure though.

But yeah, I agree. That's why I might go to that launch event after all. Just to be a part of it.