Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: best girls in the world? (girls and gays vote for hottest guys)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Soeru
    Spaniards... that is the correct term. "Hispanics" comes from the word Hispania, which is the old Spanish word for the Spanish kingdom. Espa�a, damn it.
    I like the term "Spaniard", though not a whole lot of people use it...

Hispanic is a common term used to describe people of Latin or South American origin.
    Nope, you are wrong, that's why I dug up the definition of "Hispanic"... To prove you are wrong:

His�pan�ic
    adj.
    1. Of or relating to Spain or Spanish-speaking Latin America.
    2. Of or relating to a Spanish-speaking people or culture.

n.
    1. A Spanish-speaking person.
    2. A U.S. citizen or resident of Latin-American or Spanish descent.

Thank you, dictionary.com...

One thing many people(in the US particularily) don't realize is that just because Latin/South-Americans and Spaniards speak the same language, it does not mean we are of the same race(no prejudice here, btw).
    Er... I doubt that... Unless the people who've said that are really stupid... The difference is quite obvious (culture and skin color, for example)...

All Spaniards are white, since Spain= a European country, while not so many hispanics are white. I hope this clears things up.
    I've seen a lot of tan Spaniards around... Remember Spain was conquered by the Arabs a long time ago...? Your culture is also a hint of that...

Btw, if you haven't noticed yet, I am from Spain. I am your conquistador, bitches.
    Fuck you!

But you're too damn sexy, so I forgive ya...

Post a pic...?

Edit: Oh yes, thank you for your comments on Spanish women.
    God, I hate Spanish accent...

And all Spanish people have this weird attitude... Haha!

Thanks
    EP Points

damn dude, feel better now?
    all the spaniards i know say that spannish is the language and that they are the spaniards, but whatever.and yes not all spaniards are white i have an uncle who is spannish but looks very arablike.

Thanks

I like to contradict Soeru... He's so hot... And I wasn't discussing the term "Spanish", f00! Read again, then fuck off...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Castlevania
    I like the term "Spaniard", though not a whole lot of people use it... :P

Nope, you are wrong, that's why I dug up the definition of "Hispanic"... To prove you are wrong:

His�pan�ic
    adj.
    1. Of or relating to Spain or Spanish-speaking Latin America.
    2. Of or relating to a Spanish-speaking people or culture.

n.
    1. A Spanish-speaking person.
    2. A U.S. citizen or resident of Latin-American or Spanish descent.

Thank you, dictionary.com... ;)

Er... I doubt that... Unless the people who've said that are really stupid... The difference is quite obvious (culture and skin color, for example)...

I've seen a lot of tan Spaniards around... Remember Spain was conquered by the Arabs a long time ago...? Your culture is also a hint of that... ;)

Fuck you! :P

But you're too damn sexy, so I forgive ya... :P

Post a pic...? ;)

God, I hate Spanish accent... :P

And all Spanish people have this weird attitude... Haha! :wacko:

I'm aware that Spain was once inhabited by the moors(Arabs)... but I like to think of Arabs as white people... Seriously, few Arab people I have met are actually even tanned. Regardless, all humans are brothers in a way, since at one point in time we were all but a single tribe of mindless apes. :wacko:

I apologize for my misuse of the word 'hispanic', I must've had it mixed up with the definition of Latino(Latins or whatever), which refers to those of Latin-American descent, right?

The people who can't tell the difference between Spaniards and South/Latin-Americans are indeed ignorant, at least the ones I know to have said such a thing. They like to pretend 'mariaches' and bullfighters have something to do with each other. :P Many Cubans are white, so that may confuse some people.

I too hate the Spanish accent when present in English. Undeniably cheesy. Fortunately I have absolutely no accent when I speak English, and I can easily pass for an American if I don't state my last name(Arencibia). If you're talking about the mainland-Spanish accent when speaking Spanish, I despise that one too. :P It sounds a bit arrogant IMO... like they pronounce the letter s as "sh" and c as "th"... weird if you ask me, but it helps to identify people from different regions.

I have a slight accent from the people of my province(Las Palmas), which sounds a bit like the Argentinan accent(not much), very laid back and calm accent, in which we often drop the s from words.

I am flattered, but no pics, sorry. It would give most viewers a seizure induced by a raving sex urge. :P
    Last edited by Soeru; 11th-November-2004 at 20:38.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Schutzstaffel
    I'm afraid I am unable to spot the racism..
    that dosent suprise me coz of your sig,
    are you a nazi or do you just think that it looks cool?
    and if you are a nazi do you hate jews,blacks,disabled,jahova witnesses,and all the other people the nazi's hated,and if so why what did they ever do to you?

edit:and i was refering to the terms sandniggers and wogs which i feel is racist and was concerned it might offend someone

Thanks

Again, Schutzy is a controversial woman...

She vaguely reminds me of KittyHawk, sans Swastikas...

Quote Originally Posted by Soeru
    I am flattered, but no pics, sorry. It would give most viewers a seizure induced by a raving sex urge.
    Too late...

Ziegfried Guest

Quote Originally Posted by dinosaurman
    that dosent suprise me coz of your sig,
    are you a nazi or do you just think that it looks cool?
    and if you are a nazi do you hate jews,blacks,disabled,jahova witnesses,and all the other people the nazi's hated,and if so why what did they ever do to you?

edit:and i was refering to the terms sandniggers and wogs which i feel is racist and was concerned it might offend someone
    Rest assured, Shutzstaffel isn't like your average American History X character. I'm fairly sure she's thought things through, and maybe you should just respect that.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by dinosaurman
    erh um liek i am a wog so i can say it
    i just think its funny when he said Whites that are tan cos wouldnt that be a wog?

Thanks

I thought some South American countries (namely Brazil) speak mostly Portuguese?

I need, I want, I care, I weep, I ache, I am. I said, I am.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ziegfried
    Rest assured, Shutzstaffel isn't like your average American History X character. I'm fairly sure she's thought things through, and maybe you should just respect that.

You are my Knight is shining armor.

"Violence is always the answer. If you somehow believe violence is not the answer, you are asking the wrong questions. If violence is not solving your problems then you're not using enough of it."

Visit my Deviant Art Gallery here:http://sspirate.deviantart.com/gallery/

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nima
    I thought some South American countries (namely Brazil) speak mostly Portuguese?
    Only Brazil does that... They're so crazy...

Every other south/central-American country as their own weird accent, though... Most are pretty melodious...

Quote Originally Posted by Schutzstaffel
    You are my Knight is shining armor.
    No!! The abyss is mine!!

Thanks

Only Brazil does that... They're so crazy...

Every other south/central-American country as their own weird accent, though... Most are pretty melodious...
    Is there some kind of historical reasoning behind Brazil using Portuguese as their first language?

I need, I want, I care, I weep, I ache, I am. I said, I am.

Thanks

Yeah, Brazil was pretty much assigned to Portugal by the Spanish Crown back when they conquered the territory and divided the land... The rest went to Spain... The northern part (as you might guess) went to the UK...

And I think Canada went to France...?

Thanks

No!! The abyss is mine!!
    'twas never yours, alas.

Quote Originally Posted by Nima D'Graven
    Is there some kind of historical reasoning behind Brazil using Portuguese as their first language?
    Yes.

The agreement for the America's was based on lines of longitude (or is it latitude... can't recall). Anyways, Portugal ended up with all of that which is to the east of the line you can sort of draw, and Spain got the rest, more or less. I don't really recall, but that is the bulk of it. France may have had it, and sold it to Portugal or something, but yea, there is most definitely a historical reason.

Edit: Beaten... by a guy with a girly avatar
    All I can say is that my life is pretty plain
    I like watchin the puddles gather rain
    And all I can do is just pour some tea for two
    and speak my point of view
    But its not sane..
    I just want some one to say to me
    Ill always be there when you wake
    Ya know Id like to keep my cheeks dry today
    So stay with me and Ill have it made
    And I dont understand why I sleep all day
    And I start to complain that theres no rain
    And all I can do is read a book to stay awake
    And it rips my life away but its a great escape..
    All I can say is that my life is pretty plain...

Thanks

No!! The abyss is mine!!
    If by "Abyss" you mean "Vagina".. then no.

"Violence is always the answer. If you somehow believe violence is not the answer, you are asking the wrong questions. If violence is not solving your problems then you're not using enough of it."

Visit my Deviant Art Gallery here:http://sspirate.deviantart.com/gallery/