Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Presidential debates are tonight

Thanks

Good. If it means you continue to not vote for the wrong candidate throughout adulthood, I'm all for your apathy.

Why did you delete the comment about Kerry being like a kite? Anywhere the wind blows, and all that.

Flip-flopper! :O

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mithrandir
    It wouldnt matter much anyway with our system....I'm starting to not care anymore..
    you mean the system where votes count?
    One vote is where it all starts, if everyone with an attitude like yours voted for Ronald McDonald we'd have to eat big macs every morning.

Thanks

"I can't vote for Kerry...he flip flops!!"
    "He is sending mixed signals!"

Those tow things (stated differently) were all that I heard in Bush's speech. And they are really the same thing. So in other words, the only thing the Bush campaign is saying...is Kerry flip flops....

Thanks

It may be the only thing he's got... but it's consistent.

Thanks

Well the mixed signals thing I can understand. You could see how Bush was angered at Kerry by this and I believe that is why he kept repeating those words.
    Kerry talked down upon the contributions by other countries which isn't something that they appreciate I'm sure. Maybe they could contribute more, but talking down upon thier current contributions isn't going to help. They have sent troops who have died and contributed funds, no matter how small, to a war with a country that they wouldn't have done without the US's determination to go to war in the first place. Not to mention questioning the man who runs iraq currently.
    Also, saying that the war is the wrong war at the wrong time doesn't do much for our troops morale either. How would you feel if you were deployed out in iraq and a presidential candidate, who would be commanding you in the near future, was saying these things? Instead of having a president who is firm in his resolve and dedicated to rebuilding iraq and giving you pep talks, you could possibly be under the charge of someone who feels it was the wrong war and thinks it was a colossal mistake.

Kerry is a great debater though, and I almost thought at times he did that on purpose to fluster Bush, but I doubt that.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RoseDragon83L
    Also, saying that the war is the wrong war at the wrong time doesn't do much for our troops morale either.
    But the beheading of innocent victims does...?

They're just pawns, anyway... They'll believe what their commander wants them to think, and it seems they're having quite a bit of fun with their prisoners in the mean time, eh...?

Thanks

i think kerry got himself out of a big pit by showing how people misunderstood him and that he isnt the big flip floper people think he is and itll show on the polls i thihnk

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KONAMI Man
    But the beheading of innocent victims does...?
    And Bush is responsible for these beheadings how?
    Your comment is in response to my saying how Kerry's "mixed messages" are effecting our troops morale, so you must be suggesting Bush is in effect responsible for the beheadings? explain.

Quote Originally Posted by KONAMI Man
    They're just pawns, anyway... They'll believe what their commander wants them to think, and it seems they're having quite a bit of fun with their prisoners in the mean time, eh...?
    Which is what I was saying about how Kerry's attitude would greatly effect our troops morale. If they "believe what their commander wants them to think," then obviously if thier commander feels this is a wrong war for the wrong reasons that will have a negative impact on thier morale. You prove my point.
    and having fun with thier prisoners? eh? The actions of a few do not convey the thoughts and actions of all. If that were true I could take your ignorance in that post and make the general assumption ... ah forget it.

Thanks

Also, saying that the war is the wrong war at the wrong time doesn't do much for our troops morale either. How would you feel if you were deployed out in iraq and a presidential candidate, who would be commanding you in the near future, was saying these things? Instead of having a president who is firm in his resolve and dedicated to rebuilding iraq and giving you pep talks, you could possibly be under the charge of someone who feels it was the wrong war and thinks it was a colossal mistake.
    Do you suggest that it would be better to lie about the war to the American people instead?

Thanks

Taking control of Iraq hasn't been a joyride, and the constant threat of terrorism affecting the troops isn't a very good way to keep their morale up... Especially knowing their actions made way for all this internal conflict...

And comments have been made that the torture of prisoners was done under order from superior officials...This suggests what we all know: "Do what your commander says, think what your commander wants you to think"... And by commander, I don't mean "President"...

Also, I doubt the troops are very informed about what's going on in Office... And even if they were, they just take orders and execute them... If Kerry wants them there for whatever reason, be sure they'll stay there... If not, then be glad, because they're coming home... Either way, the high command will find a way to keep them... "Entertained"... And by this, I mean "deceiving" them into thinking they're doing the right thing...

Notice I used the term "deceiving" quite losely, here...

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by leatherman
    Overall i think Bush won the debate because he is right on more things, but the presentation award goes to Kerry, because he has lightened up quite a bit.
    If by win you mean got Owned ill agree.

Ziegfried Guest

I keep hearing this "our troops are in there already, so let's do all we can to increase their morale!" argument... What, are they going to put down their guns and surrender because the war is pointless? Hasn't exactly worked that way in wars before...

Thanks

Which is what I was saying about how Kerry's attitude would greatly effect our troops morale. If they "believe what their commander wants them to think," then obviously if thier commander feels this is a wrong war for the wrong reasons that will have a negative impact on thier morale. You prove my point.
    What is that point? I don't think Kerry would announce that the war is wrong and then tell his troops to keep fighting, I think he'd probably get them out of there.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks

when i listen to kerry speak, he is such a rousing speaker that he reminds me of a "Mr. Shricklegruber"..haha. ok, mayhbe some of you will get it. i'm not saying anything against kerry in this statement.

get on your bikes and ride!

Thanks

you mean the system where votes count?
    One vote is where it all starts, if everyone with an attitude like yours voted for Ronald McDonald we'd have to eat big macs every morning.

Most of the population do that already.
    You are the weenie.