Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Feminism...

Thanks

wow, interesting post...

Dingy, I agree with you, for almost everything.

If a woman is attacked, sexually, physically, or any other way, what's to say that they have to take it? If I was attacked any way I didn't like, by a woman or a man, I would stand my ground. I may get knifed for it (or at least attempted at) but I still would stand my ground and put up a fight. If I actually got hurt. I may press charges, if I didn't I would move on. I know I would act this way because it has happened to me before. If you allow people to attack you, your gonna get used over and over again. It's all in how you see yourself and how much confidence you have in your abilities.

I know people will probably say, "They shouldn't have to fight back like that! The government should take steps to protect them. Men should back off as well." But you know that isn't the case, no matter how hard the feminist movement fights for this, it will not change everybody's minds. Especially the one's that would attack in the first place. So your gonna end up fighting in the end anyway. So you all better learn real quick.

And lastly, here's an inequality that most don't realize but is. Try being a white middle-class male when you try to go get financial aid, or get into a school that accepts affirmitive action. That's something I've been dealing with recently. I can't get any special grants from any special grantors because I'm not a minor. I basically had to get extremely good grades to get scholarships, better than my minority co-students (including women). I also couldn't get into the school I wanted, because they were reserving that slot for affirmitive action. Even though I had great grades. Talk about crap.

It may not seem like much of an inequality, but it still is. But maybe this will change when they start realizing that everyone should be treated the same, not just women and men, but minorities as well.
    Need something good....

Thanks

I totally agree with you about the fact that affirmative action or protective discrimination (reservations, etc.) can certainly prove disadvantageous to the general category so to say. btw, women and children come under the category of "unprivileged". Something I don't agree with.
    I dunno about the rest of the world, but in India, if you get raped, and somehow you manage to muster some pluck to sue, the prosecution will go to no end to make you look like a prostitute begging to be fucked. If you do win, you get blackmailed and yaddah yaddah! Everyone knows these kind of things happen. But seriously tell me, have you even been molested by someone? I was molested when I was a 13. The guy stood in a bus and showed me a knife so I wouldn't say anything. Trust me, I couldn't do jack shit about it. It's the most helpless feeling in the world.
    Yes, moving on is the most viable option, what else can one do? But saying that fighting something like that will give the feminist struggle an impetus or something like that is I dunno...difficult.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MusikFreak00
    If a woman is attacked, sexually, physically, or any other way, what's to say that they have to take it? If I was attacked any way I didn't like, by a woman or a man, I would stand my ground.
    What can you do about someone much bigger and stronger than you...also possibly armed? Unless all women decide to learn some martial arts...(which wouldn't be a bad thing to know).

Thanks

I dunno about the rest of the world, but in India, if you get raped, and somehow you manage to muster some pluck to sue, the prosecution will go to no end to make you look like a prostitute begging to be fucked. If you do win, you get blackmailed and yaddah yaddah!
    I understand these things happen, I know it's a pain in the ass to fight it. But that doesn't mean you have to take it. I know it's hard to do, but it is also your body and I'll be damned if someone is gonna take advantage of me. I don't care how big you are or if you are armed. Maybe that's my military training talking, I don't know, but that is definitely the way I feel.

[quote]But seriously tell me, have you even been molested by someone?]

yes i have actually, all through my childhood, and get this, I'm a guy, and i was molested by a guy, several times. It took me until I was about 13 to stop it or say anything, because I was too scared to say anything. Now, I can tell you now, he doesn't even come near me without knowing he's gonna get his ass kicked. Maybe I should have fought it in court, but instead I basically stood my ground and he backed off. People have more power than they realize, just because some one is bigger than you doesn't mean your helpless. Same with a weapon. more than likely, they don't want to use the weapon, they are just threatening to use it. Making empty promises. I know no one wants to find out when it happens, but still, stand your ground. You would be suprised what it can do.

BTW, I am a firm believer that anyone without the skills to defend themselves, learn some form of martial art, or maybe carry some type of defense mechanism. It would definitely give you peace of mind.
    Need something good....

Thanks

Rape victims: pansies.

Um, it's a fucking stupid idea to generalise every case of molestation as "Oh, the guy with the knife who's telling me to take off my shirt is probably perfectly harmless. He's just feeding off my insecurities, I bet if I kick him in the peculiars he'll just walk away." I'm not actually all that confident that every thirteen year old girl is capable of staving off an armed adult male who is intent on getting off at her expense. If someone's capable of molestation, do you really think he'd hesitate to kill too? You were molested by a serial offender, MF, and that's a disturbing thing to have to experience. But this shows that the man (boy? You didn't specify, and either's possible...) knew you and is therefore typical of the sort of molestor who can be faced down simply by standing up for yourself. He's a member of your community, and therefore fears a reputation in child molestation. If a stranger approaches you with a knife, there is no guarantee that he'll back down. He has a knife? Then he is in control. Giving knives to all the teenagers of the world isn't going to fix that.

Getting the law involved is usually a good idea. There's a lot of emotional problems this can bring up, but you've got to make sure that the guy who did it to you is prevented from doing the same to other kids. Just because you got plucky doesn't mean that every other potential victim is going to do the same. But when the law doesn't even care about rape or molestation, because their social view is that women are to blame for any crime related to sex, what the fuck can you do? That's a problem that feminism aims to fix.

Thanks

Totally in agreement with you there Jimmy, infact you get a big hug for what you said hehe.
    Anyway, what feminism questions is the very why of things...why is there a need for women to protect themselves today? Why are they insecure. I'm not saying men are not, but why is a woman in a man's world considered progressive and a man in a woman's world pathetic?
    Why should every woman arm herself to protect herself? Why can't the very need to arm yourself be eliminated?
    I agree with ^ when he says that giving knives to all the teenagers in the world will not fix the problem.
    I feel your pain MF, but my closest friend was molested when she was in 3rd grade by her uncle, he did all sorts of stuff with her, and she didn't even know what was going on. Closure has still not come to her, but she recently spoke to him and he begged her not to tell anyone (not that she had, because she couldn't bear to go through the humiliation, because the most frequently asked question is--'how could you let him do it?') because it would practically mean him being ostracised from the family.

Thanks

Right, I understand that children, and even teenagers cannot defend themselves. I also agree that we shouldn't arm them either. But what I was getting at was that there will NEVER be a world where these people don't take advantage of others. It's not possible. Therefore, I think that people need to learn how to protect themselves. Even if it means, letting the guy (or girl) do whatever it is they do, so you stay alive, but be in the frame of mind to get the details of the offender so you can take his/her ass to court. I probably wasnt clear about my stance on the law. I think that is a form of defense as well. Basically what I'm saying is, don't let the person get away with it, whether you are able to subdue him/her, or get enough info to get them arrested. A lot of people get so scared and so helpless, they get raped, then they don't even get a proper description of the person, because they were too scared to do anything. I say get out of that frame of mind and do something about it.

The feminist movement has some good values they are trying to put across. I totally agree with it. But I also know it's not gonna happen as long as there are demented people in this world like rapists, murderers, and thieves. The only way we are gonna have true peace in this world is when we are all dead.

Also, the person that molested me was a member of my family. So you could have imagined what hell would have went down if I brought the law into it, since everyone is so close. Since then, I have reconciled, and I basically said, if he touches another child or person against their will, I wll get his ass.
    Need something good....

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ziegfried

Paladin_Hammer, you might want to try reading at least SOME previous posts in the thread. It's been explained several times that being a feminist does not automatically equal hating everything male. Sheesh.
    Yeah, but I don't read.

EDIT= And I personally think it DOES mean your a L-E-S-B-I-A-N, because if you HATE men, why would you marry/do it with one?
    Spreading Fear and Uncertainty since 2004!

*Apparently the above doesn't fit in a custom user title. Bollocks.
    Copyright Paladin_Hammer 2007: "Deus ex Imperator". "Dio Dal Genica".
    NWO 4 Life!

Funniest Thread EVER

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin_Hammer
    Yeah, but I don't read.

EDIT= And I personally think it DOES mean your a L-E-S-B-I-A-N, because if you HATE men, why would you marry/do it with one?
    Wow... just WOW
    Not all the time they just need to find someone that they can love and trust i know many chicks that say they hate guys cos they got treated like shit doesnt mean they are goin to be lezbo's.
    and they would marry one that has the same sort of view and belive that everything in the household should be shared

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The Watcher
    Wow... just WOW
    Not all the time they just need to find someone that they can love and trust i know many chicks that say they hate guys cos they got treated like shit doesnt mean they are goin to be lezbo's.
    and they would marry one that has the same sort of view and belive that everything in the household should be shared

I'm being schooled by a raper... FINALLY!!!!
    Spreading Fear and Uncertainty since 2004!

*Apparently the above doesn't fit in a custom user title. Bollocks.
    Copyright Paladin_Hammer 2007: "Deus ex Imperator". "Dio Dal Genica".
    NWO 4 Life!

Funniest Thread EVER

Thanks

Originally postedby Paladin Hammer
    Yeah, but I don't read.
    Wrong place to be, eh?

a F-E-M-I-N-I-S-T does not mean a MAN-HATER. Register that. Even lesbians don't hate men, they're not sexually attracted to them. A misandrist or a mysoginist are different from being homosexual or feminist.

I'm being schooled by a raper...
    Do you mean rapPer?

And what's wrong with that anyway, it's good to let smarter people teach you stuff once in a while, but then again you don't read

Thanks

man...whatever
    Need something good....

Thanks

Heh!
    I didn't want to write more, had to.

Thanks

I wasn't talking about you, Dingy, I was talking about the post before by PaladinHammer about the lesbian man-hater feminist thing. I was kinda at a loss of words to the comment and thats all I could say.
    Need something good....

Thanks

Ah! My bad. I apologize. You kinda said it after my post, which is why I assumed your indifference was aimed at me