Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Rammstein Single "Amerika".....Unbelievable.....

Thanks
    EP Points

Default New Rammstein Single "Amerika".....Unbelievable.....

I just got the video for Rammstein's new single "Amerika", and all I can say is wow.....Find this any way you can. It's unbelievable. It's gonna get them boycotted by a lot of Americans, or something. I personally think it's the greatest thing they've done. Not the song nessecarily, even though that's great, but the message and imagery behind it. It's just.....wow.....Get this, now.....

Thanks

Perhaps you could give a summary for those of us too lazy to find it? Plus then I'd know if I'd really want to put the effort into it...XD

Thanks
    EP Points

Ok, here's a quick rundown. Rammstein on the moon in US spacesuits. Random shots of other people in other countries (Africa, Korea, ect.....) enjoying the things Americans take for granted (fast food, TV, ect.....) The lyrics "We're all living in America, America, it's wunderbar (wonderful)", then later on in the song "This is not a love song, I don't speak my mother's tounge, this is not a love song" There's more lyrics, of course, but that ought to give you the gist of it. I thought the song would suck the first time I heard about it since I've heard some crappy songs by crappy German bands about America, but I have to say this is amazing.
    Last edited by Seraphis Cain; 20th-August-2004 at 23:30.

Thanks

Yes, let's all jump on the capitilsm/American/corporate bashing bandwagon.

Pfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffft.

I still think Rammstein are as average as ever, with their only stand-out point being they're German. Then again, I fell out with nu-metal a while ago...
    Increase the size of your wang - PM crusher the words "poo poo" for extra length now!

Beware Coward!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ton
    Yeah that'sit , you're just so sexy , woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Thanks
    EP Points

Ok, I don't want this thread to turn into an argument over what is and isn't Nu-Metal, but Rammstein? Nu-Metal? Rammstein were around before any of the bands classified as Nu-Metal (1994), with the exception of Korn. I think they're far from Nu-Metal.

Oh and I notice you're listening to a Cowboy Bebop OST. If you llike that, try to find "Song to Fly", another album by Yoko Kanno. It's great.

Thanks

Rammstein would be Industrial Metal, but they've certainly got a lot of Nu-Metal elements to them. Major Simplicity being the main one. And I know this doesn't make them Nu, but they've toured with a lot of Nu-Metal bands.

Why is Tommy the red ranger in your sig?...

Thanks
    EP Points

I'm not sure if you're asking why Tommy's in my sig, or why he's the Red Ranger in my sig, so I'll answer both.

1. Power Rangers are awesome.

2. Tommy was the Green Ranger in MMPR Season 1 & 2, the White Ranger in MMPR Season 3, the Red Ranger in Power Rangers Zeo, and now the Black Ranger in Power Rangers Dino Thunder. I still can't believe they brought him back after all these years.

Oh and the pic in my sig comes from an ep of PR: Wild Storm called "Forever Red", in which 10 Red Rangers team up against the remnants of the Machine Empire. It's badass.

Thanks

Number 2 asked my question. I don't think I watched it past his White Ranger escapades. *Apologises for thread hijacking...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Slim
    Rammstein would be Industrial Metal, but they've certainly got a lot of Nu-Metal elements to them. Major Simplicity being the main one. And I know this doesn't make them Nu, but they've toured with a lot of Nu-Metal bands.
    My thoughts exactly, you just saved me an entire post. I still appreciate their music however.

Why is Tommy the red ranger in your sig?...
    I thought it was Jason.

Anyways, I might get this video/song/single since I really enjoy Rammstein's stuff. If any American decides to boycott their shite it's because he/she is a close-minded patriot that won't admit the flaws of capitalism.

You wan't a shocking video with some very clear politcal views? Watch the video by Otep called "Warhead". They show this often on Uranium(on FuseTV) and Headbanger's Ball(MTv), and the also use parts of the video for their new album's tv ad. Hard to miss it.

Thanks

is Tommy the red ranger?????

Thanks

If you ask me, the Power Rangers were the most cheesy franchise of the early 90's. I mean c'mon, they could've had a better thought out story, not some rip-off of a Japanese tv show. And the low budget special effects! Who the hell here didn't notice that the mechs looked just like toy Gundams? Let's not speak of the bad guys/monsters shall we? *cough*sponge costume*cough*And no, kids, men do not shoot sparks from their nipples when they get slashed/hit by an enemy, nor do they fly 200+ ft. doing incredible acrobatic moves obviously staged with strings and whatnot.

Thanks
    EP Points

Hey those are all the reasons I like em! Seriously though, check out my topic called "Super Sentai" in TV Paradise. That'll explain everything. Now, back to the Rammstein discussion! Has anyone else seen the video yet and wants to offer their thoughts?

Oh and Soeru, just so you know the Power Rangers are still around. They're just on ABC now. And they've got a much higher budget, both the American portion of the show and the parts ripped from last year's Japanese Sentai.

Thanks

Come back to life my dead thread!!!

Rammstein Rocks, and I have yet to catch the new single.. Hopefully I can check it out soon.
    Nichts ist f�r dich
    nichts war f�r dich
    nichts bleibt f�r dich
    f�r immer
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DarkElf
    Come back to life my dead thread!!!

Rammstein Rocks, and I have yet to catch the new single.. Hopefully I can check it out soon.
    Which new one? "Amerika" or "Mein Teil"? Actually... I don't know how long Mein Teil has been out for, but either way, they both kick ass.
    "I start to think there really is no cure for depression, that happiness is an ongoing battle, and I wonder if it isn't one I'll have to fight for as long as I live. I wonder if it's worth it."

Thanks

Amerika. I have the Mein Tiel single. Good stuff!! Actually I have their entire Disco, including both DVDs
    Nichts ist f�r dich
    nichts war f�r dich
    nichts bleibt f�r dich
    f�r immer
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-