Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: What happened on the 19th of August 2004.

Ziegfried Guest

Default What happened on the 19th of August 2004.

First, I woke up, and noted that I felt unusually tired. A minute later, when I had noticed the beeping alarm clock that had woken me up, it dawned on me. It was 6 AM, and this was the first full day of school of the semester. A deep, slow "uuuurgh" arose from the deepest recesses of my soul, and I got on my feet. "Ok, since when does it get this cold in the summer? WHEN?", I thought immediately... Never again will I leave my window open at night when I'm getting up early the next day. Next, anyway, I had breakfast. Kellogg's Corn Flakes (the original and best!) with milk and a touch of sugar, a sandwich or two, splendid. Next, I got all my stuff together. Pencil, phone, credit card, library card, keys, book (Livia, or, Buried Alive by Lawrence Durrell. Great stuff), things like that.
    So, breakfast had been eaten, materials had been collected, and I noticed I still had a good 30 minutes before the bus would arrive. "O rly. Computar tiem."
    Then, before I knew it, I was on the bus! I heard the constant, ever-present and never-ending chatter of other students, talking about all the stuff they had done and places they had gone during the summer. Having friends is overrated. After nearly falling asleep at least four times, the bus arrived at the school. No escapes routes left, marvelous. I went over to my locker, read through the Zero Wing intro written down on the inside of it (yuuuup), snickered a bit and checked the day's schedule. History, in three minutes, down two hallways and to the left. A nice walk. The teacher was arriving at and unlocking the classroom just as I was getting close, making me look stylish, as it should be. What did we learn during that hour-and-a-half? NOT ONE THING, THANKS GUY. God. The guy felt it was necessary to ramble on and on about study techniques... Yeah, we wouldn't have figured out any of that on our own, shithead. But oh well, he seems like a decent fellow anyway. Said he had an easy time remembering what his teachers told him back in high school if he sat doodling while they talked. It was his way of concentrating, he said. Somehow, he also reasoned that because of this, he'd let us do what ever the hell we wanted during his classes, as long as we're not snoring or fighting or anything.
    Next up was Swedish/English.... Riiiiiiight. More study techniques, and this time some shit about what you need to be a successful student too. We discussed epic philosophical questions such as "do you need to love your teachers and classmates to get through school?".. But meh. If the gir's a Swedish/English teacher, I reason, she must have some mad skills when it comes to spelling and grammar in both languages, which is pretty rad.
    After that, we had a ONE HUNDRED AND FIFTY-minute break, after which class and individual photos were taken. I was not made aware of this event, so I just looked normal on the pictures. Thanks, guys.
    Then, more Swedish/English! I don't know why! But anyway, we had an actual assignment of sorts this time. We were to write a one-page paper on what we thought life would be like for us in 2015. Sheesh, what grade am I in here?
    Oh yeah, then I found out that instead of having French classes this year, I'm getting Spanish, step 1! Which I did last year! NO COMMENT OK
    Bus again, fell asleep for 15 minutes this time. Woke up by falling onto the floor as we stopped at the end station. Oh, and there were like 20 other people on the bus. They laughed, I said their moms were n00bs at CS. True story.
    So, after a bit of a walk, a bit of a PM session and a bit of relaxation, I wrote this. Just to get to you.

Thanks

God fucking damn.

Get a fucking life.

Ziegfried Guest

No. Never.

Thanks

haha, i dont go back to school for another 2 weeks, and im actaully surprised i read that. Oh and what an intersting life you lead.
    And what grade are you in?

Ziegfried Guest

I'm in 10th grade. Sociology.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ziegfried
    No. Never.
    Excellent writing in that short essay. From what I gather, you speak perfect english, so why is it a requisite that you take that class? Either way, have fun. What made me continue reading this, besides the fact that you wrote it, was the fact that you took a slightly humorous way of writing it. Nice because I like humor. Definitely a 7.5/10. No one asked me to rate it, but I felt like it so...

Thanks

Sounds about like school is...a waste of time, pretty stupid, and utterly pointless.

Fell off the seat on the bus? That's pretty harsh.

Nowhere near what my IP says. Which is weird, yes?
    Thanks

I only had the strength to read one paragraph. Perhaps later I'll finish, though it's unlikely
    The leader is never the idiot, rather the people who follow....

Thanks

Nice story you got there Ziegfried and what a f*ckin live ya have pal

Thanks

He's Sweish, what could we have expected?

If you are that damn good, go to a private school or something, if they even have those. Otherwise, complain to someone important, show them your wicked brain, and see if they can't make things a little more challenging.
    All I can say is that my life is pretty plain
    I like watchin the puddles gather rain
    And all I can do is just pour some tea for two
    and speak my point of view
    But its not sane..
    I just want some one to say to me
    Ill always be there when you wake
    Ya know Id like to keep my cheeks dry today
    So stay with me and Ill have it made
    And I dont understand why I sleep all day
    And I start to complain that theres no rain
    And all I can do is read a book to stay awake
    And it rips my life away but its a great escape..
    All I can say is that my life is pretty plain...

Ziegfried Guest

Quote Originally Posted by GFX.
    Excellent writing in that short essay. From what I gather, you speak perfect english, so why is it a requisite that you take that class? Either way, have fun. What made me continue reading this, besides the fact that you wrote it, was the fact that you took a slightly humorous way of writing it. Nice because I like humor. Definitely a 7.5/10. No one asked me to rate it, but I felt like it so...
    Well, my English is better than the average bear's at least. But it's a requisite for all students grades 8 (not sure of this, but it's something like that) and up to get passing grades in English, Swedish and Math in order to advance to the next school year (is it the same for immigrants? crusher, Del_Boy, anyone?). Meaning everyone has to go through those classes every year. So, even though I've gotten nigh-perfect scores on my English finals two years in a row, I have basic English classes now. Waste of time? Uh, I *think* so, yeah.

Thanks

I must say it sucks to be you. I recently found out that I start classes on Sept. 7th(which surprised me, since I'm starting 12th grade). If it's true that you're my age(think I read this on another thread), then you must've repeated twice. Damn.

Ziegfried Guest

Repeated twice? Quite untrue, sir. My entire current class is the same age as me. First grade starts at the age of 6 here, so there's nothing odd at all about me being in 10th grade.

Well, I am kind of repeating 10th grade now, actually. I skipped ahead one year back in 3rd grade because the teachers thought I was gifted or something like that, and at the end of the last semester I decided to make some changes in my education, which resulted in me having the choice of going through summer classes or going through 10th grade again with somewhat different subjects.

On that note, eventful life? It's really just a combination of being able to create unique situations and making them sound interesting. Yeah.
    Last edited by Ziegfried; 19th-August-2004 at 16:58.

Thanks

For some sick, sad reason I read this entire thread.. although it wasn't long, and it wasn't amusing.. I was surprised.
    how could anyone fall asleep on a bus? a BUS of ALL thing?
    It's loud and full of people who either stink or talk alot.. or both, and it's bumpy and it stops every ten seconds to pick up more stinky, chattering people.
    How do you do it, Skinner..? Is it somesort of sleeping disorder you have? are you so tired at the beginning ending of a non-stressful day that you sleep on the large smelly buss full of stinky, chattering people? do you prefer to sleep on the bus?

I am intrigued, and would like to know more.

"Violence is always the answer. If you somehow believe violence is not the answer, you are asking the wrong questions. If violence is not solving your problems then you're not using enough of it."

Visit my Deviant Art Gallery here:http://sspirate.deviantart.com/gallery/

Ziegfried Guest

In the morning... I get up at 6 AM. I'm used to getting up at 1 PM. Gets me pretty tired. Now, the bus ride consists of me sitting down thinking or reading spectacularly written English books. How in Evil's name would I not fall asleep?
    At the end of the day, it's the same thing, except I've endured endless stupidity from everyone around me for some 6-8 hours instead.

And, bumpy? Maybe in Canadia, but not here. We prefer straight roads.