Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The American Education System at its finest

Thanks

Louis Pasteur discovered a cure for rabbits but I don't know why. That's the best one.
    I completed the internetz

Nowhere near what my IP says. Which is weird, yes?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Xaenn
    As harsh as both Mushindo's and Gospel's last statements are...I kinda agree.

I don't know about anybody else here, but the reason I know what I know is my parents/family and nothing to do with my schooling. (well college is changing that).

The only problem is we'd need to have very intelligent ways of deciding who was "worthy" of these "priveledges".

Edit: I think that becomes an issue of the right to give birth when they are fucked up on drugs and alcohol giving their kids no chance...
    I figure a basis on who is "worthy" would be intent, passion, intelligence, and willingness to cooperate. This could easily be assessed by tests and observation.

Intent - Why the person/s want to raise a child and what they plan to do with that privilege.

Passion - Whether they will love and treat the child right.

Intelligence - Having the capacity to know right from wrong, not be a complete idiot, and not having any prejudices that would raise the child.

Willingness to Cooperate - If the parent/s screw up they have to be willing to have their privilege revoked if they don't mend their ways.
    The leader is never the idiot, rather the people who follow....

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mushindo
    I am not so sure if I want to go on a stance preventing the right to give birth. Birthrate is not a problem except in countries that are overpopulated. Crack heads giving birth? Yeah chances are they'll do more bad than good during pregnancy and their rights should be taken away. Though, people who are poor have every right to give birth, but if they don't have the means to raise their child properly, they shouldn't be allowed to keep it.
    Being a parent is a not a natural right, I don't care what the fuck you think.

You are bringing a fucking human being into this world, and it is your duty to see that the child is cared for.

No, you shouldn't even be allowed to have a child if you're going to chuck it into a dumpster or forget to feed, or beat it because it's crying too loud.

I know girls who will leave their children with people they don't even know, just so they can go to 'the club'.

And you're telling me these people have a right to have children?

Thanks

lol....Gospel, stfu okay? You seem to be confusing yourself. Giving birth doesn't make you a parent, RAISING said child makes you a "parent" Give birth and give the child away to worthy parents, if you're an idiot. I am saying people should be allowed to procreate if they will produce a healthy baby. They MAY not be allowed to keep their creation if they are like the idiots you've mentioned. Quite frankly, I am surprised you missed such an obvious point.

Thanks

Doesn't matter.

Frankly, we don't need your shitty genetics being passed on.

Thanks

Genetics only go so far. Environment is what truly makes someone who they are. No one is naturally born stupid.

Thanks

I figure a basis on who is "worthy" would be intent, passion, intelligence, and willingness to cooperate. This could easily be assessed by tests and observation.

Intent - Why the person/s want to raise a child and what they plan to do with that privilege.

Passion - Whether they will love and treat the child right.

Intelligence - Having the capacity to know right from wrong, not be a complete idiot, and not having any prejudices that would raise the child.

Willingness to Cooperate - If the parent/s screw up they have to be willing to have their privilege revoked if they don't mend their ways.
    Hmm, and how exactly are these tests to be conducted? If it were merely questions, it wouldn't be hard to lie, yet if it were something more rigorous, it would become bogged down rather quickly.

Passion - I'm not really sure how you're supposed to measure this.

Willingness to Cooperate - How many people would realistically agree to give up their child?

Thanks
    EP Points

Don't blame all of America on Ohio. Each state has its own different education system.

Thanks

Then I will attest that Colorado has a shitty education system. Anyone else want to attest for other states?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Xaenn
    Hmm, and how exactly are these tests to be conducted? If it were merely questions, it wouldn't be hard to lie, yet if it were something more rigorous, it would become bogged down rather quickly.

Passion - I'm not really sure how you're supposed to measure this.

Willingness to Cooperate - How many people would realistically agree to give up their child?
    That's why I also said tests AND observation A simple answer to, let's say, "What season is your favorite?" Tells a shit load about a person. Additional questions can be asked and it is very easy to see when someone is lying. When you are trained to do so. Passion can be measured by a simple analysis. Obviously, someone wanting a child just to "spread their seed" doesn't have much passion. Willingness to Cooperate can be achieved by signing a waiver. Parents get their children taken away every day. It isn't a hard thing to do. Also, by willingness, I also mean the will to correct any mistakes the parent/s may have made, and possibly be educated and such.

Thanks

Genetics only go so far. Environment is what truly makes someone who they are. No one is naturally born stupid.
    What happened to Skinner then?

Thanks

He is the anomaly in what would be a perfect world.

Thanks

That's why I also said tests AND observation A simple answer to, let's say, "What season is your favorite?" Tells a shit load about a person.
    So if I said I don't have a favorite season, you could tell a lot about me?

Other than what you know from my other posts.

Thanks

Yes indeed. In fact, depending on why you don't have a favorite season, it could provide more information than someone who has one.

Thanks

You said a "simple answer" well I'd say that's about as simple as it gets...so what can you tell by that?

Or perhaps if I said I didn't have a favorite season because they all their own benefits and if one was missing the others would be lacking. What would you tell then?