Thread: RAR problem..

Thanks

Default RAR problem..

..I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I recently downloaded a .torrent of RAR files (you know; .001, .002 to .021), and when I tried to extract, many of them were CRC-corrupt. Will redownloading the whole .torrent help? And can I post it anywhere so someone can verify if it's a recurring problem? (It's a PS2-CD rip, 400Mb or somewhat..)
    MZ Networx

-) Digimon Paradise
    -) DN Angel Unlimited
    -) Full Metal Alchemist

Go. Now.

Thanks

If the number of files isn' too high, you can download only the files you need with some BT clients (Azerus, Bit Tornado),

Thanks

Yeah. Re-download it. If you get errors, it means that the rar was made badly or that it was downloaded wrong.

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Re: RAR problem..

Originally posted by MZx
    ..I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I recently downloaded a .torrent of RAR files (you know; .001, .002 to .021), and when I tried to extract, many of them were CRC-corrupt. Will redownloading the whole .torrent help? And can I post it anywhere so someone can verify if it's a recurring problem? (It's a PS2-CD rip, 400Mb or somewhat..)
    The thing is, if you download a .torrent then most likely downloading that torrent once more will give you the same results, Torrents have good file checking unlike other P2P transfer methods... and therefor the file most likely was bad when the torrent was made...

There is an off chance that your client made a mistake though so download it again if you cant find another torrent/source for that game.

Another thing could be that the file is not fully downloaded and your client made a error... this can be checked by loading the torrent again and letting the cilent check the file...
    Last edited by GundamGuy; 31st-July-2004 at 06:18.