Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gamecube ISO/GCM trading

Thanks
    EP Points

Theres a possibilty of running Chancast on xbox, lots of rumors And it does an alright job on some 64 games, havent tried enough to know the full results. You can always get a Ram upgrade on xbox, or buy one of the processer upgraded ones if you get bored lol

Thanks

Originally posted by Borman
    Theres a possibilty of running Chancast on xbox, lots of rumors And it does an alright job on some 64 games, havent tried enough to know the full results. You can always get a Ram upgrade on xbox, or buy one of the processer upgraded ones if you get bored lol
    Oh, your an Xbox modder? So, will any game emulator work on Xbox as long as the Xbox is strong enough to support it? or does Xbox require a special emulator that only it can use? What about installing all this, On Unscrewed(a show on G4) they had a guy from the ScreenSavers explain how to mod your Xbox by using sending the data via usb then run it in MachAssault. Is that the common way to do it, or is there a different, better way? It's going to take a while to save up enough money for an Xbox, so no rush.

The idea of playing all these emulator games on the big screen sounds really cool to me

havent tried enough to know the full results.
    I'm sure if it can run Donkey Kong 64 or Conker's Bad Fur Day then it could run any N64 game. So could you test those games out?
    Last edited by Impact_Bulma; 2nd-August-2004 at 00:23.

Thanks
    EP Points

Ill try them out later, busy playing Doom 3 THe Mechassault exploit is dangerous, because you can really mess up your xbox, then have to buy a modchip anyway. The Xbox uses special emulators, mostly ported PC ones, that cant be found on website, but can still be found relatively easily. The best bet is to buy a Premoddified system, which can be cheaper then if you break an xbox. Ill recommend some sites if you want

Thanks

Originally posted by Borman
    Ill try them out later, busy playing Doom 3 THe Mechassault exploit is dangerous, because you can really mess up your xbox, then have to buy a modchip anyway. The Xbox uses special emulators, mostly ported PC ones, that cant be found on website, but can still be found relatively easily. The best bet is to buy a Premoddified system, which can be cheaper then if you break an xbox. Ill recommend some sites if you want
    Sure, tell me the websites. What's usually a good deal for a pre-mod? I think the price for a normal XBox is still $150, right? I think that's it for now. Have fun with Doom 3

Thanks
    EP Points

https://www.bmmods.com/customer/home.php?cat=263

My friend had his installed from this guy, its some of the cheapest prices on the net, and hes really reliable. He also does ram upgrades, but they are expensive since its a hard job to do.

Thanks

Hmmm, $ 239.99 for a refurbished (a fancy word for used) Xbox with just a modchip.

I donno, let's see. $150 for a "used" Xbox, then let's say $30-40 for a modchip. That's $180-190, that means these guys are charging an extra $49.99-$59.99 for the work.

As for the most expensive deal. I think I could go to a computer store and buy a good enough hard drive ( Like this ) and it'd be alot cheaper.

I'm not interested in "Xbox Live."

I'd have to talk this over with a friend of mine whom has a bunch of other friends who mod there Xbox (I don't know if they did the MachAssault exploit, pre-mod, or modded it themself)

Thanks
    EP Points

Modchips cost 50 bucks normally. And trust me, youll want to do a good job on it. My friend put his in the luggage on an airplane, still works. And if you need to buy a HDD, make sure its lockable (do a search). You also need to be able to find BIOs images and a lot of other stuff, its not easy at first heh

Thanks

Whoa, Where did you get those all those Gamecube roms?

Thanks

oh wait, are thos roms you have or ripped games? (if they are roms could you please tell me where you got them, and if they're ripped can you please tell me how to get that Phonix Program thingy)

Thanks

ok before the 1337s here chew your ass out u should know that only cart images are rom
    cd images are ISOs

Thanks
    EP Points

GCMs, not ISOs Like xbox games are xISOs heh.

Thanks

GCM and ISO are basically the same.

I've heard that you could change the extension from GCM to ISO, burn the image, and with some type of modchip (which is still in development) you can play it in your cube.

As for playing how to do the streaming/rip stuff with Phoenix 2.3. . . click here

One last thing, if you guys haven't noticed. I have been updating my first post whenever I get a new game or wanna add to my want list.

If you want to trade, then contact me with Yahoo messenger(YIM): Impact_Bulma

Thanks
    EP Points

From what i heard, the process is still flawed. It doesnt really work well, since its not a straight foward burn. With Xbox Isos, you have to have a special image made so its burned "backwards". Obviously, it just burns the data so it looks like a xbox disk, and not in reverse, but you get the idea (i hope)

Thanks

so general stupid question....there are no ps2, gamecube, or xbox emulators yet right?

Thanks
    EP Points

Originally posted by MICHAEL-patton
    so general stupid question....there are no ps2, gamecube, or xbox emulators yet right?
    Nope not yet not that run comerical games well anyway.
    Last edited by GundamGuy; 4th-August-2004 at 17:34.