Thread: the most complete PSX game list?

Thanks

Default the most complete PSX game list?

hello everyone...

i just emailed sony (yep, the company itself) and asked for a complete list of all existing PSX games (ntsc j, ntsc u/c, pal uk, pal fr etc...), if possible with their release date, catalog number, developer company name... etc.

they, urm... they have no list. they just said "we have more than 1300 games, so it's not easy to have a list. we don't have such a document". i was very surpised, damn! it's like "yes, we have a lot of games, but sorry we don't even know which ones exactely".

ANYWAY, i tried to look with goggle, with very little luck...
    does someone know where i can find the most accurate list of released PSX games? maybe a fan site? i know that gamefaq is a fantatsic database, but i noticed a lot of errors (games never released outside japan that are announced as NA (north america), etc...)

thanks a lot for the answers!

Thanks

have u tryed the scea site

Thanks

Sony Japan has a full listing of all J releases.

at Allsoft.
    You can search on names, SLPS ID, producer, year, price, anything...
    The bigger majority of games even have okay quality cover scans (both front and back)
    You're looking at old stuff!

Thanks

link plz

Thanks

Playstation.jp

Enjoy figuring out the best thing to've ever existed from Sony, for their horrible console, the playstation!

Thanks

thanks for the answers!

Ultimate X
    yes, i know SCEA's site (that's where i sent the mail btw. maybe i should try playstation japan). that's my favorite site when it comes to ntsc u/c games listings, because it's very complete (except the lack of front/back cover, but i know where to find them)

Carnivol
    thanks, that's also the site i visit when i want have the infos of a ntsc j game (usually i visit gamefaqs first, they generally have the complete link to that site). and yes, the content is excellent (front/back cover, release date, catalog number etc...)

so far my biggest pain are those awful PAL games: there are tons of them, but i just cannot find any valuable site that lists them... plus most of the time there are separate PAL FR, PAL UK, PAL DE ...etc versions. great pain...

indeed a complete list would be great. even more if it's official.

anyway, thanks for the answers so far!

Thanks

Whilst I dont claim this site to be a comprehensive listing of all released PSX games, I used to use it to check for copy protection info etc. Maybe it's of some use though....?

http://www.geocities.com/psxcplist/index.html

subversion

Thanks

Actualy Marmotte, Playstation Europe should have a complete listing of all Euro releases.

I've had'em on the phone a few times, related to replacement of discs.
    And they DO have a list of all games to look up/search on in their database.

I think the problem is that the database is not exportable to some standard viewable format, that's why they say they aint got no list for you

Anyway,
    I've got some good news for ya (even though it can take some time)
    A friend of mine is making a PSX listing (using similiar tag system as the GOOD tools, except from that the SLES/SLPS/SCED/SLUS/WHATEVER ID codes are also added to their title)
    It's actualy getting along quite well, but it's far from complete (and it'll propably take awhile before all the damn cursed "Local" versions of games are registered in it)

Thanks
    EP Points

That would be hard to make. There are many types of images. There would be a lot of differences.

Thanks

A friend of mine is making a PSX listing
    oh, that's really fantastic, carnivol!
    i began to do one the other day just to have an idea of the amazing work (starting from the 0-9 listing). damn it's not easy. i usually rename all my PSX games that way:

hikaru no go_heian genso ibunroku [SLPM-87059][konami](05.2002)[ntsc j]

it shouldn't be far away of what your friend is doing, i think... will you/he write a PHP/MySQL database with it? that would be awesome to have a dedicated site listing all the PSX games. of course, it's a lot of work. but at the end, even sony will envy you/him

oh, maybe he's planning to release some sort of GOODPSX proggy with it. another awesome option would be for the proggy to look if the disc image is a good one (no more ripped start-up screen, musics/cut-scenes missing, etc...)

i cannot wait to see such a list released btw